• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

I never thought this day would finally come. But here we are.

TfyaQZe.jpg

Last edited:

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And like real sports, detractors can't help but fall over themselves to discount any win.

LOVE IT!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Is the current season worth watching ?haven't seen the show since the very first 2 seasons.

Did he deserve the win ?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I get that they're just following the game's story, where Ash will likely now have to "defend his title", but why did they have to pick THIS league for him to finally win? The worst league. It's no better than his victory in the Orange Islands.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the spoiler?

Lmao, I foresaw a post like this. It's true that OP could've at least waited a few hours, it's hella early in the morning for me anyways

Other than that, Ash FINALLY winning is too big of a deal to keep under wraps for too long :3

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is the current season worth watching ?haven't seen the show since the very first 2 seasons.

Did he deserve the win ?

Sun and Moon is very much worth watching, with the caveat that it's different from the other seasons in a lot of ways. It has a heavy focus on slice of life and comedy. And I'd say he deserved the win- he's done a great job the whole season.

Definitely my favorite Pokémon show.

I get that they're just following the game's story, where Ash will likely now have to "defend his title", but why did they have to pick THIS league for him to finally win? The worst league. It's no better than his victory in the Orange Islands.

The orange league was a joke lol. There wasn't even a tournament there- he just had to fight a single battle lol

Ailyo

Oct 27, 2017

Did he deserve the win ?
I really like the anime, especially compared to previous seasons. A lot of people didn't like this league but I found it better since it starred the actual characters from the series and not some rando with a Darkrai

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
This sucks. It is like when the Chicago Cubs won the World Series. One less running joke for people to use.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I remember reading that they'd keep adding badges and if he ever did become champion that the show would end? Or maybe they're just gonna finally have another protagonist?

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Couldn't do it when the show was actually cool and good?

He was fucking robbed during X/Y. Why make him lose there if you were just gonna have him win next season ugh. >:(

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
And with maybe his weakest team by the looks of it.

But finally, he finally became a Pokémon master.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

Did he deserve the win ?

It's ok, just very different than any other previous season. Even though there's sort of a story, the adventure itself isn't that defined, like in previous seasons where you knew which gym leaders he still had to defeat.

I know Pokémon has never distinguished for being the best quality anime, and it got very repetitive over the years, but I think they had found the perfect style with XY seasons. SM was a very abrupt change.

Did he deserve it? I guess so. There weren't many expert trainers in the league, so if he didn't it would've been even more humiliating.

I just wish the final battle was with Pikachu.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Good. Now, he can retire and someone new can take his place. (Or, since this is Alola, he's probably going to play title defense, lose, and we're right back at square one.)

Also, he doesn't look nearly as happy as he should be after all his previous attempts at leagues.

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it a fake league though - as in, not a league that you can play through in the games?

Or am I mistaken?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Oh he finally won? I dropped Pokemon after Ash got whipped in the semifinals (forget which league) by some dude with a Darkrai and Latios.