• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing through them now, it's quite a unique concept. Playing through two games to get the full story, can something like this even work today? I would love to see the Oracle games get remade in the same treatment that they're doing to Link's Awakening though would they have to get Capcom's permission considering they did develop the games? Which one's better to you Seasons or Ages?

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. They are my favorite Zelda games (and the only ones besides LA that I ever managed to play all the way through) and among my favorite games of all time. With them being Capcom joints though, I kinda doubt we'll ever see anything done to them =/

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but only if they hand it off to Capcom and whisper in their ears "you can do whatever you want with these games".

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I was thinking of this the other day but honestly wouldn't it be cooler if they did something like a spiritual sequel, a new Oracle game? Evocative, but fresh, using the new art style and assets. Honestly it's kind of what I wanted to happen for Majora's Mask, a sequel would be cooler than another straight remake.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
One of my biggest pet peeves about this franchise is people always equate these two games as the same quality wise. They are vastly different games with completely different experiences and fun.

Nov 1, 2017
They're great games, but I'd rather have a new 2d Zelda. (srsly, chill with all the Zelda remakes/remasters/rewhatevers, Nintendo)

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Give me mystical seeds of courage!!
tumblr_ml9q76rwRB1rw70wfo1_500-220x220.png

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I rather would have had a remake of both Oracle games in a package than Link's Awakening tbh. The artstyle would fit just as well.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Considering one of the key people behind those games, Hidemaro Fujibayashi, left Capcom/Flagship and joined Nintendo?

I always thought it was a possibility that he would want to revisit the Oracles saga in some way. Although...I was always more in favor of finally giving poor Farore the game she never got.

Give me mystical seeds of courage!!
tumblr_ml9q76rwRB1rw70wfo1_500-220x220.png

Yeah, this.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, it wouldn't be hard, but they're nowhere near as good as Awakening.
Pretty much this. I love the Oracles for their weirdness but they're pretty middle of the road as far as Zelda goes. If they got remakes more people would realize that.

Honestly if Grezzo does another remake I think I'd prefer ALTTP.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Playing through two games to get the full story, can something like this even work today?

I mean, if you play them "linked", the second one simply acts as a sequel the the first one. It would probably be even easier to implement than the password system from the originals.

Unless you mean they should sell them separately.
holeup.png

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
that would be fantastic, but i think the style they've gone for LA works specifically for LA and won't work as well for the oracle games. they have to come up with a different look for those.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
I hope they remake them at some point, alongside Minish Cap! They could add some secret boss fights from Capcom in the remake.. I mean, let Link fight Dante.

Still, I would rather have a new 2D Zelda, such as ALBW. What we really need is The Legend of Hilda with Ravio as MC.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
These days I care more about Zelda remakes than new games, so keep them coming! Especially since I haven't played most of the 2D games anyways, so they're basically new to me. I do wonder if they would release them together in a bundle or keep them separate if they did decide to remake them.

Edit:
Still, I would rather have a new 2D Zelda, such as ALBW. What we really need is The Legend of Hilda with Ravio as MC.

I'll take this too! For real though, I'd be stoked if we ever got a Legend of Hilda spinoff or something like that.

Last edited:

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Just having a better control scheme would improve these a lot, especially Oracle of Ages. They went overboard with swapping items in and out of your inventory, a couple more shortcuts would improve things immensely.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Oracle of Ages in particular is so good. It is a pinnacle of Zelda 2D dungeon and puzzle design.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I dont like it when developers become remake houses, its almost treating them like a conveyor belt game developer, its boring.

Its also kind of reductive when you're making something and before its even out people are already DO THIS OTHER THING NEXT.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
You might as well make a new game instead if you can afford two remakes, I'll take Oracle of Secrets though :)

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All (official) Zeldas are good, but I've never been as enraptured with the Capcom made ones than most people are. I definitely enjoyed Oracle of Ages (wasn't as big on Oracle of Seasons), but they never hit the highs of Link's Awakening to me. Minish Cap always bothered me a bit for borrowing too heavily from other games in ways that didn't make sense to me. Like, having the Toon Link design is fine, but the enemies being sprite recreations of the Wind Waker designs despite the different setting and a few other nitpicks bothered me because it felt like the game didn't have a strong identity of its own as a result.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather see Minish Cap remade, it only had about 6 dungeons and a rubbish ending. They could do so much more with that concept, like new Giant Link mini dungeons.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i kind of wish them to do something else and not zelda related

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Pretty much this. I love the Oracles for their weirdness but they're pretty middle of the road as far as Zelda goes. If they got remakes more people would realize that.

Honestly if Grezzo does another remake I think I'd prefer ALTTP.
The Oracles are as good as Awakening imo. Though they have different strenghts and weaknesses OoS takes a lot from Zelda 1

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Would people really prefer more remakes over a brand new Zelda in the same engine as the Link's Awakening remake?

Why does everyone want to play remakes of games they can already play? It blows my mind

People seem to want BotW 2 and then only remakes from Zelda. I feel like I'm in the minority of people who want more new Zelda games

Last edited:

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
I agree. I live both games and the connection so much. Brilliant little games full of love.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Would be cool if they restructured them into one game with the true ending. If I recall one game was a good bit harder than the other.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
YES! By far my favorite Zelda games. So underrated. Maybe they'll actually get the respect they deserve. Would love to see them get remade.