• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone know any amazing play through video that shows how to clear out infested zones that is not from the dev? I finish the game but can't figure how the flow of using environmental traps and my own tools.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
My main problem with it is unfortunately the main character. He never ever shuts up, and it's clear he performed the character as though he were interrupting or talking over other characters but the sound editor never got that note so all the dialogue sounds super disjointed.

Oct 28, 2017
My main problem with it is unfortunately the main character. He never ever shuts up, and it's clear he performed the character as though he were interrupting or talking over other characters but the sound editor never got that note so all the dialogue sounds super disjointed.

He is losing his mind. There are some mental issues he is battling. Look at what has transpired around him, when it comes to love, brotherhood, and the crazy world around him.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I was annoyed at first, but I warmed to him over the hours. I especially liked how he consistently yells at Copeland's Radio show like anyone can hear him.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I have it, but have yet to play it. My wife's side of the family are from Oregon, so the game world is as compelling to me if not more so than the rest of it.

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Bend deserves some major kudos. It was my favorite game of 2019 and that was before all the free content and patches were added.

Fighting hordes is so tense and incredibly well done.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
A lot of his character is supposed to be him losing his mind and his grip on reality. Just look at how he yells at Copeland's show or talks to himself. I actually loved that about the character.

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
I love this game. Picked it up a few months after release and after it had a few patches and it was a fantastic experience. Maybe a little long in the end but I still wanted to go back and got the platinum. Hoping we see sequel on PS5.

Fat Dad

Prophet of Regret
Nov 28, 2017
I agree. I got the platinum trophy and loved every second of it. I want more.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This game screams boring/generic AAA videogame from every video I watch
It depends on what you want out of it, but I think the game has that sony charm that....certain other open world games miss. For how small the team was and having a lesser budget to like naughty dog stuff or GoW, they really managed to make a pretty lived in feeling world. Like it's post apocalyptic, yet feels more alive overall to something like gta5 which just has a sandbox of pure fodder. Any issues with the game are all things that I think could be improved on a lot wirh a sequel, but nothing fundamental.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
My friend found himself in a similar position. He stopped playing DG shortly after launch and didn't come back until a week ago. The game is much better now apparently.

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone 2 is one of my most looked forward to PS5 games. Hope it happens soon after launch: the whole world was amazing and characters, while cliche, grow on you. Stunning visually and they just need a little support from another studio to flesh out some of the launch bugs or a bigger team.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of his character is supposed to be him losing his mind and his grip on reality. Just look at how he yells at Copeland's show or talks to himself. I actually loved that about the character.
Yeah I love a character that also reacts to things around him in this terrible world instead of having no emotion or reaction.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Days Gone 2 is one of my most looked forward to PS5 games. Hope it happens soon after launch: the whole world was amazing and characters, while cliche, grow on you. Stunning visually and they just need a little support from another studio to flesh out some of the launch bugs or a bigger team.
You and me both, especially after that ending. And I don't think they'll need much support. They undoubtedly learned a lot by making Days Gone, which was amazing for their first true AAA attempt. Hopefully they've got some PS5 dev kits and are working on DG2 right now.

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
I broke down and bought this because I was bored and just finished the story last week. I ended up liking it a LOT more than I thought I would, aside from the excruciatingly boring relationship flashback sections and the dumb overall design aesthetic of the main character, I didn't find much to complain about. I'm still having fun postgame cruising around the map clearing hordes. The game does power progression fairly well, these things terrified me at first but now they're just fun to mow through.

Athrum

Oct 18, 2019
I really like the characters in the game. The story felt a little disjointed at times but it was solid.
Really love the relationship between Deacon and Sarah

Luchsius

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really really hate Deacon. Him hating on that one guy who works for the "evil organisation" just goes on and on and it gets really obnoxious how often Deacon screams his name like that one guy has nothing else to do than to be Deacons servant.

Other than that it's a pretty decent (not great, but decent) although relatively generic game with some flaws and some major bugs.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It plays well but it's bland as hell all around. "Key" title is a stretch. Great side title to all the key titles is better.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I could see this getting updated for PS5. Native 4k and 60 fps would be great for those playing it on ps5.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I played and completed this at launch. Has anyone got a tldr version of what's been added since then? Thanks v much

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
is the framerate locked at 30 fps now? when i played the game on ps4 pro it was a mess, especially the last area.

still an honest to god 7-8 by modern standards (i personally liked very much), the fact that the last 2 AC have better score than this one still sound idiotic considering how buggy and glitchy these game are without really offering better chara or combat or story or graphics (opinable but really not)

the sequel is gonna be hot fire, i loved the secret finale.

my 2 cents.

Last edited:

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
The writing and acting are super solid in this. Besides the amazing visuals, that was my biggest surprise.

Definitely one of my favourite PS4 exclusives.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
I liked it but it was pretty clear there was some content cut, especially in the flashback scenes which were edited strangely. Felt like some parts were missing or just not that fleshed out. Interested in a sequel though, if they do one.

nillarilla

Feb 10, 2019
I bounced off of it at the very end - I couldn't take down the sawmill horde... died at least 10x.... I wish I could pick it back up and finish it but the thought of getting run through by those fuckers again pains me

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Without spoilers: How is the story, especially the missing wife plot? And is the conclusion satisfactory, do you feel like your time invested in these characters was worth it, by the end?

Bought the game and the plan is to play it after FF7RE.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Without spoilers: How is the story, especially the missing wife plot? And is the conclusion satisfactory, do you feel like your time invested in these characters was worth it, by the end?

Bumping if anyone can answer? Thanks in advance!

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Hard to say without really spoiling you, but I would say the conclusion is satisfactory,I love pretty much all the characters. Again I dont want to spoil you.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it when it went on sale for $20 and will eventually get to it. Assassin's Creed Odyssey, FF7R, and Persona 5 Royal are in the way but I definitely want to play it.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017

This was me. I really like Sam Witwers' work, but here it is just too grating. The constant inner monologue, the yelling for no reason, I just couldn't stick with it.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got the plat in 4 days. This game stands with Bloodborne and GoW as the PS4s best exclusives imho. Sublime from start to finish. Miles better than Horizon.