• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Facebook's previous "pivot to video" literally was so ruinous and destructive to my previous career and the career of my colleagues that I'll forever be bitter that they never sniffed any consequences. Literally falsified data so severely that caused a seismic shift based on their obvious bullshit numbers at that time and so many journalists and others were helpless to the colossal shitstorm they caused. Add that to the trash heap that Facebook has wrought on society.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Sooo, I thought the name change to Meta was because their focus on VR and the metaverse? Was that all for nothing now?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood this stupid pivot to Meta and VR.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Zuckerberg slowly feeling the impact of the fact that the network effect runs both ways.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
they're not moving away from the metaverse garbage, they're just going to be chasing TikTok even harder in the mean time

but uh... yeah, I'm as confused as everyone else is given they've seemingly already been pivoting to video for years now

Mekanos

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 17, 2018
Real heads roleplay through text like it's a 1990s IRC chatroom

Sensitivity Warning

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Hey Y'all.

I think it's clear that "Fuck Mark Zuckerberg" is a pretty safe opinion to have these days.

But, in our criticism of him and Meta, let's take a little care to not evoke the imagery of specific harmful acts that might be triggering to fellow members.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
if zuck was truly behind the metaverse he would have given this speech through his meta avatar

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
"He might tear up because he scratched his eye"

More like, he might tear up because he scratched his stock portfolio.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Would like nothing more than for this company to dissolve within my lifetime.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
It's confusing since they changed their brand to Meta now i can't tell when they're talking about Facebook, the metaverse or other. Either way they've tried video on Insta and it's not half as good as Tiktok.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Asking for the wholesale destruction of Meta would probably be too much, so I'll settle for Zuckerberg losing control of his own company because of this debacle.

Like, what was he *thinking* with the whole Meta shit, and now the pivot to video which they already attempted years ago?

Muji

Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I really hope this is just the start of the demise of Facebook. Let it burn.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Facebook pivoted to video years ago after lying to users about how much video viewing there was on the platform.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Noone could actually explain what the fuck the metaverse is, why anyone would want to use it, and how it's different to any of the countless online worlds that have come and gone.

They invested $10 billion in this stuff and all they really have to show for it is a cringey pitch video featuring Mark Zuckerberg doing shit that you could do in Playsation Home or Second Life like a decade ago, plus some VRchat features thrown in there.

Cannot believe they went so hard in this direction to the point of changing their company name, and it has so quickly come to this. Talk about the Emperor having no clothes.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's confusing since they changed their brand to Meta now i can't tell when they're talking about Facebook, the metaverse or other. Either way they've tried video on Insta and it's not half as good as Tiktok.

Everyone is trying to wedge TikTok into their apps and it's never the same.