• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you want for breakfast?

• Bacon omelette.

Votes: 131 42.8%
  • Belgian waffle.

Votes: 175 57.2%

• Total voters

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
There are so many great adventure games with memorable stories (Oxenfree, Night in the Woods) but Life is Strange takes the cake.
So many daring themes (Kate in CHP 1-2, Chloe as a whole, the beginning of CHP 4) are included in this game and I felt truly connected to all the characters.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I didn't play the game until last year but I'm glad I did, as much as the ending fucking sucks. I'm a Pricefield shipper for life. Really hoping a remaster in UE4 gets announced this year with better facial animation among other improvements. I'd say I want a director's cut but I really don't see that going well. (Even if the original team was interested.)
Once I got over Chloe's dialogue in the early episodes, I was blown away by this game.

I was invested in the characters and thought the story was really engaging and never really predictable. Really fantastic work.
Max and Chloe both have some cringy lines particularly in the first episode. LiS2 carries the tradition of trying to emulate modern youth, to a lesser extent.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Look, I totally understand what the devs intended as the "true" ending, but I will always choose
Bae over Bay

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Max and Chloe both have some cringy lines particularly in the first episode. LiS2 carries the tradition of trying to emulate modern youth, to a lesser extent.
Yeah, Dontnod has issues with their dialogue, particularly when they handle characters that are outside of their worldview.

Which makes me morbidly curious about how badly they handled the Hispanic characters in LIS2.

Last edited:

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Look, I totally understand what the devs intended as the "true" ending, but I will always choose
Bae over Bay
Honestly, I think it's a little hard to argue what the "true" ending is since the script is an incoherent mess by the end. Also they've straight up said there is no canon ending. They put the most resources into the ending they thought most people would choose.
You are a good person.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the first game but the second one really ruined it for me. Did the same people write/direct/make both? I know it's from the same dev but the storytelling decisions in the sequel really put me off to the extent they put a bad taste in my mouth for the franchise.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
really enjoyed this game
one of my favs of this generation

navanman

Oct 27, 2017
Dublin
One of my favourite games on this gen.

Soundtrack is incredible, top marks to the person who picked/licensed songs for the soundtrack.

Obstacles - Syd Matters being my favourite.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the first game but the second one really ruined it for me. Did the same people write/direct/make both? I know it's from the same dev but the storytelling decisions in the sequel really put me off to the extent they put a bad taste in my mouth for the franchise.
Yep, same core creative team for LiS2 with some additions to the writing team. Before the Storm was an entirely different team and developer.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The on the road storytelling really hurt the game.
That and time traveling was a gameplay mechanic that made the game go faster/more fun.

But I'm with ya. LiF2 really soiled the idea of making this a franchise.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info. It's too bad really. Wish there was a secondary team I could blame lol.
Unfortunately there isn't. Though I think Jean-Luc Cano played a much bigger role in 2 since he is credited as head writer as opposed to an original story credit for 1. Also the directors have full writing credits rather than being additional writers. Fun fact, two of the directors and the producer of Gone Home were additional writers for 2.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
It was a great game. I'll have to play through it again sometime. I wish Dontnods other games lived up to this.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It took me a while to play it, but I'm glad I finally did. Truly a great, fun experience, and the OST alone is one reason why I love it. Before the Storm and Captain Spirit were fun too.

Last edited:

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I liked the game (and the genre), the soundtrack was top notch, but I did not feel any love for Chloe.

Bay > Bae

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
5 years later it's still a game I think back on, and fondly. The art direction and those rich, dreamy pastels. The outstanding OST and licensed song choices. A world that felt bigger than the map size, filled with so much flavor and story and character. And while the dialogue complaints are 100 % valid, even that gave the game this sorta camp-ish YA vibe which worked, IMO.

I loved everything about it, most of all my homies.

Bae Ending 4 Life!

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
just started playing the game blind. really like this teacher mr jefferson, very cool guy to have supporting them

rehjul

Dec 27, 2018
Ahhh this game was so good. Finally picked up the complete LiS2 on a holiday sale, just waiting until life clears up some time so that I can finally dig into it. Started episode 1 and really appreciate how immersed they let you get in the mundane, familial setting before the real story started.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
LiS is surely one of the most enduring games of the decade. I still see dozens of LiS inspired avatars and usernames.

Personally, the game really resonated with me, on like, a spiritual level. I have to do a write up on it one of these days, if only to catalogue my own thoughts and feelings.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
People who sacrificed Arcadia Bay made the wrong choice.

6KmNi23.gif

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Easily the most emotionally affected I've been by a game story. It's not flawless (certainly the last episode fumbles the landing a bit), but the journey there was unforgettable and had a really meaningful impact on my life.

Bae > Bay

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
Bae all the way! I saved Chloe, watched the rest of the ending, then immediately pulled up my previous load to sacrifice her just to see the Pricefield kiss, then exited the game after the smooch lmao

But I'm team Amberprice now after BTS. Also kind of dug Chloe and Victoria's dynamic. Wish we saw more of them together. đź‘€

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cant believe its been 5 years since this beauty of a game. Don't think they can ever surpass this game. Max forever. Chloe can go fuck her self... haha she dead!!

BTS is such a waste of a game with the worst character ever. Should have been so much more than what it was.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I couldn't get into this game, the dialogue is...it's fucking hilarious sometimes. Some of the most blatant millennial pandering I'd ever seen.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the game (and the genre), the soundtrack was top notch, but I did not feel any love for Chloe.

Bay > Bae
Begun, The Bay vs Bae Wars have.
Fuck the town, Bae forever.
My emperor.
Bae all the way! I saved Chloe, watched the rest of the ending, then immediately pulled up my previous load to sacrifice her just to see the Pricefield kiss, then exited the game after the smooch lmao

But I'm team Amberprice now after BTS. Also kind of dug Chloe and Victoria's dynamic. Wish we saw more of them together. đź‘€
Chosen the path of the dark side, you have.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Love LiS. One of the most memorable games I've ever experienced.
I love you too.
I love this game and my squishy cinnamon rolls Max and Chloe
gNoVXkm.png

It's difficult to put into words just how much the game means to me
Same.
ALSO! This is the finest line in video game history.

She's such a dork and I love it.
Bae over bay every time.
Fuck the town, Bae forever.
uTP7TvX.png

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
One of the nice surprises of this generation. Loved the game.

If they ever make a sequel with Max it has to follow the Belgian Waffle timeline and Bae over Bay because its the only right choice.

Oct 29, 2017
Begun, The Bay vs Bae Wars have.

I'd sacrifice as many cities as it takes to save Chloe. Chloe forever.

(And Amberprice forever. I know this is in BTS but when someone in the audience of the play shouts "Say yes!" it was possibly my favorite moment ever in a videogame.)

I love how people feel so strongly about it though. When you have people who all love the game, but some people can't stand Chloe and others would go through hell to save her, that's amazing.

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'd sacrifice as many cities as it takes to save Chloe. Chloe forever.

(And Amberprice forever. I know this is in BTS but when someone in the audience of the play shouts "Say yes!" it was possibly my favorite moment ever in a videogame.)

I love how people feel so strongly about it though. When you have people who all live the game, but some people can't stand Chloe and others would go through hell to save her, that's amazing.
I know. No matter, the game has power.

All the times I tried so hard to be good/right only to have it blow up in my face - that'll stick with me forever.