• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you more likely to wait for a PC version of a game thanks to recent events?

• Yes

Votes: 277 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 390 58.5%

• Total voters

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm playing mostly on console at the moment. The last thing I want to do is sit at a desk in front of my computer after doing that for work.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
This is the first time I heard of a PC version of MHRise, I think I can wait for it...I wasn't in a rush to get MHW on PS4 but really enjoyed it once it came out on PC.

FFXVI, day one on PS5 for me lol

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
For Rise it's going to be Switch version, I prefer to play MH on the go.
For FF it's going to be on PC, I don't have any plans on buying a PS5 anytime soon.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
I do not trust Square Enix's PC ports at all, so until they establish a better track record...

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait what? What did I miss here

The Capcom leaks shows the lengths and deals of some exclusives. Like Sony paid around 5 mil or so for exclusive demos, I think RE7 VR was included but I'm not 100% on that. Stuff like Ghost n Goblins Resurrections is only exclusive to Switch only for 3 months before it comes to other platforms. Monster Hunter Rise and Stories 2 is coming to PC later on.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
No. If it's a console I already own and a game I really want to play, I'm not going to wait 1+ year(s) to play it on PC with possible graphical upgrades and/or included paid DLC. Not to mention unforeseen bugs in the PC version.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
For MH I can't wait, I'll buy it on switch and then buy it again on PC for better perfomance and mods.

I don't particularly care about FF16 so I'll probably get it on a steam sale for 15 dollars three years after launch, assuming I buy it at all.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely waiting on both of those. After playing a ton of MHW on PC I'm not going back to playing MH at 30fps.

The gag orders that they get about even talking about the PC version are bullshit, and funny when they accidentally announce it like FF16 and then have to backtrack or it gets leaked like Capcom.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I just double dip. I'm part of the problem. If I had a Switch and knew a PC version of a AAA game was coming out I'd probably wait for PC though. Lower res and shoddy performance is a turn off for those types of games on Switch while the PS4 at least did a bit better in that respect. PS5 is more powerful that my current PC and all games seem to have 60fps mode so now its a no brainer.

PinballRJ

Oct 25, 2017
I tried pc gaming for a couple years but it's definitely not worth the effort, especially now with consoles having SSDs. Not interested in Rise but I'll get Stories 2 and FF16 at some point

Wetflix

Mar 16, 2019
I'll wait for PC for FF16 but will buy Monster Hunter Rise at launch for the portability.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Arbitrarily late PC ports to bait double dipping or whatever reason just led me to move from preferring to PC to just going almost entirely PC only. Got tired of buying games on console that got announced later for PC, so I just stopped buying them on consoles at all. If a game I want to play doesn't get a PC port, oh well. I just won't play it. Octopath is probably the last third party console game I ever buy.

Nintendo first party games are just about the only exception at this point, but even with those I'm undecided on whether I'll buy Nintendo's next console.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Depends entirely on the game and the publisher. If it's Capcom or Square Enix, I'm assuming it's coming on PC and I'm going to wait. Sony or Atlus on the other hand are more dubious so I'll probably pick them up on console.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate when it comes to FF16 at least I think it's more important that we actually see more of the game/get more info no matter which camp you're in. I want to be excited for the game but we've barely seen anything. If it looks to be incredible I'd feel bad for PC gamers, but if it looks to be more on the mediocre side who cares.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What if they haven't announced one yet but it may seem like a no-brainer a PC version will eventually show up?
Unless it's something I just have to play NOW, I'll wait. I will never make it through my backlog so I always have something interesting to play in the meantime. I've gotten good at waiting for EGS exclusivity to expire; A few more games won't change much.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
This will be a tough decision for FF16; I have a 3090 and PS5. I play my PC a lot more and it's my preferred platform, but damn I don't know if I can wait. I waited on both Nioh games but this is FF.

MH, that's easy. I'll wait on the PC version.

_Jelly_fish

Oct 5, 2019
Melbourne
Honestly I might end up emulating MH Rise (I've seen that it runs well on the switch emulator) and seeing if theres a way to transfer my save between the Emulated and PC version

I already pre-ordered my copy for the sweet amiibo anyway but don't plan on getting FF16 till its out on pc

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Why would I wait for a PC version for Monster Hunter Rise that hasn't been officially announced? And if when it does release on PC I would have to wait at least 6 months or a year to play it which is awful. The best part of Monster Hunter is the launch hype and getting ready to experience the game day one. By the time I wait for a eventual PC release everything about the game has been revealed and experienced by everyone else.

If the game is announced on a system I already own day one with the game coming to PC who knows when. I will take the day one release. Imo it's not worth waiting especially if it's during a year where lots of games are getting delayed.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will for Rise. Not being able to talk to my friends and have game audio through the system in the same headset is a deal-breaker for any online game for me, so I just won't buy it at all if it doesn't come out on PC.

FF16 I'll buy wherever.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Won't wait for Rise as I want to experience the game day 1.

I'd still watch the PC comparison, just for curiosity.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all. I like having games portable on my Switch, and my PS5 is more capable hardware than my PC, which I haven't updated in about 5 years. And even if it weren't, I wouldn't deny myself the experience for some arbitrary period of time just for some performance benefits I'll stop noticing after half an hour of play.

Moara

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
MH delay was only like 6 months according to the leak iirc, and the PC version will be greatly superior, so I'll definitely wait on that. FF16 will probably take a year+ considering past sony deals, and my PC won't run it any better than a PS5 anyways, so I'm not waiting on that one.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For FFXVI, no. For MHR, i'll buy both on Switch and PC.

Edit: I need to justify my PS5 purchase somehow.

Apr 21, 2018
I legitimately can't wait to play MH Rise, and if i didn't have a Switch i would buy one just to play the most important third party exclusive of the generation day one. It is just that important to me.

Don't really care about FF16

Is MH Rise the most important thurs party exclusive of the generation?

...the more I think about it, you might be right.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Why would I wait for Rise PC when I like playing MH on handhelds the most? So that's a no.

With FF XVI, if I should ever consider buying it, it's a different thing. There's no real benefit in a PS5 over a PC, quite the opposite in my eyes, so waiting for it to make its way over seems way more reasonable.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
FF16 i won't wait, as the PS5 is faster than my PC but for Rise yeah would prefer the PC version at a discount.

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
Monster hunter World on pc is full of cheaters and unauthorized mods. I'll stick with consoles.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing to do with recent events, I've been prepared to wait in general for a few years now. I prefer owning everything on PC and I refuse to be conned into double dipping anymore by companies pretending they have no plans for a port.

I have so much to play already so I can wait, I'm pretty much prepared to miss out on anything at this point. If your games not where I prefer then I can skip it indefinitely until it is.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
After World I refuse to play Rise on console tbh. Will definitly wait for a PC version there.

FF16 depends on performance.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
1) I don't need to play games as soon as they release (and I typically don't have the time to do so anyway).
2) The only console I own nowadays is a Switch and I don't have any interest in buying any of the others, so I don't have much choice but to wait on PC releases.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
If the performance of Final Fantasy is good I'll just go with the console version. I'll get monster hunter on day one for the Switch. I'll double Dip with the PC version comes out and I reaaaaaly hope they do save transfer this time.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
For me, Monster Hunter is primarily a portable game, so I'll be getting it Day One on Switch. For FF16, I'm less interested so if it's good I'll wait for a PC version.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
I will not be buying Rise most probably (still going with World).

XVI is definitely PC!

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
It depends. FF16 on PS5 will probably support 60 FPS so I will buy it on PS5 easily, no problem. Switch games? Yup, then I can wait for PC version.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'd rather play the game earlier than wait. If I enjoy the game enough, I'll just buy it again on PC when it's cheap and that's it.