• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Metal Gear Solid 1 would be unbelievable, yes

BUT

I'mma throw a wildcard here. Time Crisis with full PSVR2 support, or perhaps even support for the PSVR2's controllers without wearing the headset itself. Maybe using some external sensors, or the PS5 camera...

Anyway, PSVR2 launch title.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Legend of Dragoon. It's time to bring back RPG's Sony
This is an interesting choice. I haven't played Legend of Dragoon, but my understanding is that it's a very "PS1"-styled RPG. Prerendered backgrounds, turn based, fixed camera angles, that kind of thing.

To remake that to a more modern AAA standard would be a far bigger endeavor than Demon's Souls or Shadow of the Colossus. Even if they keep the combat turn based, they would probably have to rebuild every environment in 3D.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This is an interesting choice. I haven't played Legend of Dragoon, but my understanding is that it's a very "PS1"-styled RPG. Prerendered backgrounds, turn based, fixed camera angles, that kind of thing.

To remake that to a more modern AAA standard would be a far bigger endeavor than Demon's Souls or Shadow of the Colossus. Even if they keep the combat turn based, they would probably have to rebuild every environment in 3D.

It's also a catastrophically sexist game. Honestly the amount of work necessary to remake LoD would be tantamount to making an entirely new game, so it would be a good test to see if they have more chops than just being able to take a good game and make it marginally prettier.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
It's also a catastrophically sexist game. Honestly the amount of work necessary to remake LoD would be tantamount to making an entirely new game, so it would be a good test to see if they have more chops than just being able to take a good game and make it marginally prettier.

If it ever hypothetically happens, it would end up getting a Final Fantasy VII Remake approach to both the gameplay and narrative.

jpbonadio

Nov 8, 2017
I would prefer a talented team like this to make their own game.

Other than that I would love them to make an Ico remake. God, I would easily pay 100 bucks for an Ico remake.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it ever hypothetically happens, it would end up getting a Final Fantasy VII Remake approach to both the gameplay and narrative.

It would need it. Legend of Dragoon is pretty bad. You'd need to completely rebuild it from the ground up and not in a "we still made functionally the same game but we technically reassembled it so it counts as a remake!!!!!" kind of way - it would need to be a new game.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill are great answers.

If it has to be something realistic, I'll say ICO with Twisted Metal as a dark horse contender.

But if I could choose anything, it would be Eternal Darkness. Bluepoint could recapture the unique horror experience while scrubbing away the stains of the alt-right and pedophiles whom created it.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
What i really want is for them to make their own game.

If not, any beloved 3d ps2 game. Ico, silent hill, onimusha etc

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
Vagrant Story.

It's on my mind after watching that FF16 reveal.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

Yes, its basically a game that needs a reboot.......the setting and stuff is cool. Dragon Campaign, Tree of Life.......there is a lot of very cool set pieces from Disc 3 on. However a lot of the names need to be changed lol.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, its basically a game that needs a reboot.......the setting and stuff is cool. Dragon Campaign, Tree of Life.......there is a lot of very cool set pieces from Disc 3 on. However a lot of the names need to be changed lol.

Yeah. And they need to change Rose's ultimate Dragoon Attack so she's not creating a black hole out of her own period blood.

A hoonter must hoont, a bloopooint must remaake Blooodbooorne.

What would be the point of "remaking" a game that's already playable on the PS5?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Take advantage of the SSD for those ridiculous 0.85s load times and graphics similar to the new Demon Souls?

That's really not worth remaking a game that is, again, already playable on the hardware. Asking people to pay full price again for a loading time update would be comical.

You could accomplish something like that with a patch.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
take a good game and make it marginally prettier.
I really hope you actually meant significantly.
I really fucking do.

deso.png

deso-2.png

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at how many people are saying new IP.

Bluepoint would have to significantly expand its team and scope. They haven't added much actual new gameplay to any remake or remaster they've done so far. They're still pretty much just a tech house. For Colossus and Demon's Souls they seem to have an art team now, but all of that so far has just been grafted on top of largely unaltered existing game. Something like a whole new game or even significantly expanding something like Metal Gear would be a whole new step for a company like Bluepoint.

I'mma throw a wildcard here. Time Crisis with full PSVR2 support, or perhaps even support for the PSVR2's controllers without wearing the headset itself. Maybe using some external sensors, or the PS5 camera...

Anyway, PSVR2 launch title.
200.gif

Someone actually did a demo where they emulated Time Crisis in VR. Instead of the VR putting you "in the game" though, it just had virtual arcade cabinets in the VR space where you could play the games as-is.

Jul 25, 2020
Genuinely Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4. I believe they should have made those games from the start and if we aren't going to get a new entry in the series, we might as well get definitive versions of the golden years. With PlayStation 5 technology Silent Hill could be amazing.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm suspecting if Demon's Souls does well, Sony might try to acquire them (if they haven't started the ball rolling already, and are waiting to reveal it). I've worked for studios that have been acquired before, and most of the time, these acquisitions don't just spring up out of nowhere, and have been in the works for quite a while before the news is made public. After re-reading the article about Bluepoint discussing how they remade Shadow of the Colossus, it didn't seem like they had an interest in developing their own IP, though they didn't dismiss the idea. Of course, their mystery remake that they said is the one they're the most proud of was Demon's Souls at the time.

If they stick with Sony, or become a PlayStation Studios development studio after DS releases, there are a lot of IPs they could potentially remaster. Even if we limit those IPs to third person action adventure games (which most of their remasters/remakes tend to be with a few exceptions), they still have a lot of options. Top of the list for me as far as dream remakes, in no particular order:

Jak & Daxter (the whole trilogy seems like a big ask, so lets just start with Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy)
Alundra
Dark Cloud 1 and 2
inFAMOUS 1 and 2 (a full on Remake of those 2 would be amazing under Bluepoint)
Resistance Trilogy (such an underappreciated franchise)
Sly Cooper (a Remake that actually looks like the animated cutscenes would be so awesome)
Colony Wars
Warhawk
Legend of Legaia

I'd be up for any of these making a return on the PS5.

Dream 3rd party IPs if they stay independent, or perhaps Sony makes a deal with a third party to fund development on a PS5 Remake:

Metal Gear Solid 1
Silent Hill 1, 2, and 3 (proper Remakes/Remasters, not the shitshow Konami half-assed)
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. And they need to change Rose's ultimate Dragoon Attack so she's not creating a black hole out of her own period blood.

What would be the point of "remaking" a game that's already playable on the PS5?

actually she stabs herself in the original demo, they removed that part for some odd reason for both japanese and american versions. Probably to avoid the M rating.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
If we're talking Silent Hill, SH1 by itself might be a good candidate. It's the most dated but could still be tweaked into a modern-feeling game if they stay true to the art direction. Doing the full remade graphics treatment for three or four whole games though is probably a bit much for even Bluepoint. Even just new multiplatform regular remasters for 2, 3, and 4 would be nice.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Bloodborne absolutely does not need the Bluepoint treatment. It's a gorgeous game to this day. All Bloodborne needs is a 60FPS patch.