• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I want

• DKR2

Votes: 83 16.8%
  • Banjo Threeie

Votes: 216 43.8%
  • Conker

Votes: 26 5.3%
  • Why not all?!

Votes: 168 34.1%

• Total voters

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Banjo Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time.
It's levels, overworld, music, characters, transformations, powers/abilities, etc are just done so so well and sadly none of the games that have followed it have managed to nail it the same way.

Tooie's levels got to big, the overworld wasn't as fun to explore, the transformations werent that fun overall, and they add so many new moves/abilities that it gets to be a chore to remember when and how to use all of them. (finding a molehill with a new ability, but having to come back as JUST Banjo OR Kazooie always sucked). I do give it credit for its linkdd worlds, that was a good idea.
DK64 had a lot of the problems of Tooie, but it also goes crazy with the collectibles for each character.
Yooka Laylee had a lot of Tooie's problems too. It's smaller in focus, but the levels could still get too large and then overworld was so blah that they had to patch in signs so you knew where the levels are.

I just don't trust any game developer to make a new modern Banjo game and have it be as good as Banjo Kazooie 1.
The closest I've come to a new Banjo was actually Mario Odyssey, it has perfectly sized levels that were fun to explore and the transformations you can do with your hat are pretty reminiscent of the ones in Banjo. All it needed was an explorabke overworld and it would have been the Banjo spiritual successor I've always wanted.

So of all the choices in the Poll, I actually think that a new Diddy Kong Racing would have the best chance of being good.
Kart racers aren't that hard to screw up, and all they need is a fun overworld with some light exploration, good tracks, some good challenges, and maybe a few multiplayer mini games.

Apr 24, 2018
<whynotboth.gif>...seriously, I'd love to play both games. But Diddy Kong Racing 2 better have Dark Moon Caverns music in the hypothetical western version!

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I want Banjo 3 developed by Nintendo releasing on Xbox/PC/Switch...

...and a new Conker by Double Fine.

Oct 27, 2017
BanKazu is the new shlooter.

I haven't played either series so I don't really care.
Please don't revoke my gamer card.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
BanKazu...I mean if Banjo ends up OP in Smash, maybe people say Ban Kazooie lol

diddy kong racing 2 obviously

Last edited:

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
I'm sure with the renewed attention that the SSBU DLC would get for the franchise, Xbox Game Studios will commission Rare or some other studio to do a Banjo-Kazooie game for Scarlett and Windows 10. A Banjo game would be an attractive thing to have on Xbox Game Pass for casual gamers, I'd think.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Us Banjo-Kazooie fans have suffered enough. Don't make it worse by using such a disgusting word in place of their names.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Let's get a new Diddy Kong Racing featuring Banjo first.

Microsoft should let Rare form a smaller Switch team that could work on it, just like the handheld team that did those GBA and DS games back then.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
You got one shot to make a grand revival, don't anchor it with the power of the Switch.
Oh so you don't want anyone to play it then.
The idea that you can't make a grand-scale game on Switch hardware is just not true. Sure it won't be cutting edge but the Banjo game that fans want could absolutely be done.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Banjo Threeie would be fully funded by Microsoft. Why would they make it multiplat?
Because it would sell a shit ton if they published it on Switch, maybe even more than it would on XBox. I mean given it's history with Nintendo
it has more reason to be on there than Cuphead, which they put on there
You got one shot to make a grand revival, don't anchor it with the power of the Switch.
I mean... there are probably more Banjo fans that have a Switch than ones that have an Xbox.

And it's not like the game needs to be a massive display of hardware power lmao

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was gonna select "why not both"
but then I noticed Conker's there too

So just B-K-3 then

Mar 9, 2018
Say what you will but at least BanKazu doesn't pretend Kazooie is not a thing, unlike how a lot of english speakers shorten Banjo and Kazooie to just "Banjo".

And I think we need a new Donkey Kong Racing before a Diddy Kong Racing.
We need to make that lying gamecube box -- filled with lies -- into a beautiful truth. We need a Donkey Kong Racing game where you can race on ANIMALS, not KARTS, not jet barrels or whatever the stupid stuff that was on Wii. We need Donkey Kong Racing with Enguarde and Squitter etc!

Oh yeah, BK3 would be cool, too.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
The lack of love for Conker in the poll is disgusting. But I voted for all of them because all three would be awesome. Fuck the haters!

But as somebody else already pointed out, the real question is........who is going to make them? DKR2 would obviously be made by a developer in Nintendo's camp. I think Retro could maybe do something cool with it (if they got their act together, that is). Banjo and Conker though? Rare's too busy working on multiplayer games to care, so who will?

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
banjo threeie to establish banjo in the platforming world and possibly add new characters for a future diddy kong racing game

discotrigger

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd be happy with a remaster of the first DKR including Banjo, Conker, and the characters they used to replace them on the DS (along with any extra features from that version). However, I would probably be more excited for a remastered version of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie with a legit implementation of Stop 'n' Swop, not the abomination we got on XBLA. The ability to revisit BK levels from Tooie's timeline would be an interesting twist as well.

As much as I would welcome a new BK or DKR, I almost feel like I would prefer a respectful rejuvenation of the games I already love first. I honestly never thought I'd see myself writing this but I think Crash and Spyro have really turned my opinion around on this. I almost feel like the devs should refamiliarize themselves with what made the games so great in the first place before trying to tackle a true successor.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Never ever write "BanKazu" again.

Remake 1 and 2 then gimme 3 and I'll be ready to pass on...

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I would much prefer Banjo Threeie between the two. But I really don't think Banjo's inclusion in Smash means that anything else is in store for the characters.