• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do YOU pronounce "ResetEra"?

• REH-SET-EH-RAH

Votes: 654 25.9%
  • REE-SET EE-RAH

Votes: 243 9.6%
  • RESET ERA

Votes: 1,502 59.6%
  • REE-SEH-TRA

Votes: 39 1.5%
  • Era

Votes: 84 3.3%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
California
tenor.gif

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If I say Resetera (one word) to people not on the forum they look at me like "wha?" If I say Reset Era, they might usually get it. I still have to add "Replacement for NeoGaf."

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
The better question is: What do we call ourselves as users? Like how we used to say Gaffers? Erars? Erans? Eranians

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are kidding themselves if they think the pronunciation matters, as if anyone in the real world has heard of this place

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
This is the last straw (and also the first), I'm seceding to form a new site called Reset Era. I plan to construct it off the base of my highly sophisticated wordpress blog about living teddy bears. I'll start tomorrow.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Hmmmmmmmm.....

Reset era, as if the forum is trying to begin anew without the taint of an old, poisonous forum. Yeah that has thematic resonance and sounds good too.

Or...

Reh set era, because it sounds like etcetera and it's funny I guess?

Yeah I'm going have to vote with the one true way to pronounce it dawg. That's a big yikes from me.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Nice to see some cool ass regular dude owning the forum instead of arrogant scum of the previous board.

I will have to sya though that I would like the logo to be spiced up in some way.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Still gonna say "Reset Era" because saying it any other way seems foolish to me and would be how your average person unfamiliar with the site would read it.

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way I'll accept this is if all the threads with ERA in the title (eg. PoliERA, MetalERA, etc.) are changed to look like one word for consistency.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
If it's "ree-set-eh-ruh" then change the logo. The logo separates "reset" from "era" due to the color scheme, making it quite obvious that the correct pronunciation is "reset-era" IMO.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Just like "gif," the creator is wrong.

Yep.

It's Reset Era. Two words.

The logo is designed in a way that is meant to tell people to pronounce it as two words. That was clearly the intent.

Plus, "Era" is how most people refer to the site, along with the "Era" community threads. And it is pronounced as the single word "Era" in both cases.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with the pronunciation, but honestly I'd stuck to Reset Era because the capitalization of E in the logo implied pronunciation as the individual words to me.

Indignant responses acting like it was obvious and everyone else was a fool are... enlightening?

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
DGAF, will still say "Reset Era" (to no one because I don't talk about this place to anyone). The bigger surprise for me is Cerium being pronounced "sehr-ium" instead of "seer-ium". What a world.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmao how is RESET ERA winning, it's like people take pride in refusing to be intelligent enough to make use of the perfectly good wordplay in the forum's name, what the fuck

Dec 12, 2017
It's pretty funny watching people refuse to admit that they're wrong. Literally one forum is called EtcetEra and people are confused about this?

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the difference between options 2 and 3 on the poll?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cerium is wrong as fuck wow. It's obviously reset era and any variance of that should be punishable by death. It's the only way.

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I'd prefer this forum to have its own identity rather than being beholden to its origin story and the old place.

Calling it Reset Era is like not getting rid of a tattoo of an ex's name. We should move on.
You said it 'means nothing' which was factually wrong when it clearly has explicit, specific meaning.

No matter how you pronounce it, that is still the meaning.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
It's obviously a play on words meant to evoke both -- both resetting an era but also the idea it's a place with discussion of "everything else too" -- but you pronounce it as one word instead of two because it sounds less lame that way.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Don't care. It's reset era. Saying it like etcetera makes no sense. This place came about after the migration from the old place. It was reset as well as a new era for the community. Reset era.