• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do YOU pronounce "ResetEra"?

• REH-SET-EH-RAH

Votes: 654 25.9%
  • REE-SET EE-RAH

Votes: 243 9.6%
  • RESET ERA

Votes: 1,502 59.6%
  • REE-SEH-TRA

Votes: 39 1.5%
  • Era

Votes: 84 3.3%

• Total voters

D.Lo

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Highlighting a part of a brand name/logo to emphasise a second meaning isn't anything new. 'Era' being a different colour is because, yeah, it's a new era of the forum and reset of the old one, but it's still obviously pronounced re-setera.

This doesn't read 'Bthirtyoner baskin robbins'.

baskinrobin2.jpg

This isn't 'Resident Ee-seven'.

E3mRmwq.jpg
I cannot believe you think these have any relevance. Those have combined numbers into the logo for a 'clever' double meaning, which is not part of the official name and neither is meant to imply a changed pronunciation.

Neither is part of the name, just logo as a marketing thing.

The forum is named for being a reset of GAF and new era. It is not named after the latin phrase Et Cetera, with 'Era' as a 'hidden' double meaning. The 'EtcetEra' name for the off topic is the cheesy 'double meaning' part, just like 'vERAfied members etc.

This is why funding education is important. Damn illiteracy.
Illiteracy is the word that came to my mind as well.

DeSolos

Nov 14, 2017
Both "Reset" and "Era" are capitalized, and therefore they are two separate words. Reset Era.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot believe you think these have any relevance. Those have combined numbers into the logo for a 'clever' double meaning, which is not part of the official name and neither is meant to imply a changed pronunciation.

Neither is part of the name, just logo as a marketing thing.

The forum is named for being a reset of GAF and new era. It is not named after the latin phrase Et Cetera, with 'Era' as a 'hidden' double meaning. The 'EtcetEra' name for the off topic is the cheesy 'double meaning' part, just like 'vERAfied members etc.

Illiteracy is the word that came to my mind as well.

OK there, chief. We have confirmation here that it is re-setera, so I don't know why you're speaking so authoritatively about your mistaken interpretation, but you do you.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Reset Era actually sounds good and makes sense. resetera like etcetera sounds kinda dumb. Sorry.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
WTF, I've been calling it NewGAF this whole time!
;)

Serious tho, I mostly call it Era, which means whenever I pronounce the whole thing I default to Reset Era.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
while reading about the launch on discord, I assumed it was Reset Era, but as soon as I saw the EtcetEra forum i figured it rhymed with that

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Resetera certainly sounds better than Reset ERA. I tell my friends I browse a gaming forum rather than Reset Era, but that's all about to change - hell yeah.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't that obvious? I always thought it rhymed with etcetera, the non gaming forum was called EtcetEra for a reason.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I also pronounce his username SEH-ree-uhm, so I'll agree with him. Maybe he got french influenced pronounciations in mind!

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The E is capital making it Reset Era.

If it were recetera, then it'd be pronounced like etcetera.

Were I to say it out loud, I'd probably say the Era forums.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Dude can think whatever he wants, it's 100% two words Reset Era

What's even the argument for the other way? Reset Era has meaning given the origin of the site. Resetera is just a stupid thing that kind of sounds like another, equally unrelated word. Why would anyone prefer that lol.

The fact that everyone uses Era as shorthand kind of betrays any claim to one word resetera