• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ganaconda

Jan 24, 2018
DF analysis showed frame-rate drops with just a single enemy on screen. It's unstable during combat, and that's where solid performance matters the most.
No, the frame drops DF showed were from going through the grass area at the beginning, not during combat, and had nothing to do with the number of enemies on screen. It was locked 60 in the rest of what they captured, including combat. I played the whole game from start to finish and it was definitely stable during combat.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
A boost wouldn't help a bit. Unless the use X1S Resolution with 60 FPS. I think Sekiro with some dips to the 50s is acceptable on SX
Of course it would help. An option to use boost mode with base Xbox One settings is ideal for people that prefer rock solid performance.
No, the frame drops DF showed were from going through the grass area at the beginning, not during combat, and had nothing to do with the number of enemies on screen. It was locked 60 in the rest of what they captured, including combat.
That's not true, every single enemy encounter exhibits frame-rate drops in this video:

Does your display support VRR?

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Honestly, there are some games from before the One X came out that really need a resolution boost. Playing some games that never got an X patch is rough.

Frame-rate bumps are nice and definitely welcome.

ganaconda

Jan 24, 2018
Of course it would help. An option to use boost mode with base Xbox One settings is ideal for people that prefer rock solid performance.

That's not true, every single enemy encounter exhibits frame-rate drops in this video:

Does your display support VRR?

Hmm, must've been remembering incorrectly what was shown in the video. Nope, my display does not support VRR. I did notice drops, but definitely seemed to be more related to environment than enemies. There were situations with several enemies attacking at once with no drops, while others just dropped with no enemies in the vicinity. I think some of the kill moves (red dot, forget what it's called) could cause small drops but would recover before you had control again.

Iichter

Oct 29, 2017
Forza Horizon 2, one of the only true Xbox One exclusives that is actually worth a dime.

Couldn't care less about multiplat games getting the boost honestly.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, at this point I would absolutely love them to work on some marquee Xbox 360 games instead of more Xbox One games.

Specifically, start with all the Gears games and give them FPS boosts, and Gears Judgment a resolution boost while they're at it.

MaestroChief

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2020
- Forza Horizon 2 & 3.
- Sunset Overdrive.
- Crash Team Racing.
- Assassin's Creed Origins & Odyssey.
- Final Fantasy XV.
- Just Cause 4.

That's my wishlist.

Shadow Dancer

Prophet of Regret
Jul 22, 2019
Destiny 1
Killer Instinct (120 fps)
Dead Rising 3/4
Batman Arkham series
Need for Speed series
Quantum Break
Just Cause 3/4

I hope they give some love for indie games too.

TortadeJamon

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed... The PC version is as smooth as silk and I'd like to see something similar on consoles.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Dark Souls 3 is an absolute must

SnowRunner

Red Dead Redemption 1&2

Arkham Knight

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Dead Island Definitive Collection just went on sale, like 4 or 5 bucks w/ FPS boost.

Bought.

Deleted member 85465

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2020
It does not matter much to me as long as the next batch can keep the resolution at or close to X-enhanced patches. It was rather disappointing that the Series X was operating on Xbox One S' visual fidelity settings to attain frame boosts for some of these titles (I can excuse titles running at a 120fps).

As an aside I would love it if the following titles can run at 60fps w/said resolution/overall fidelity boosts:
  • Witcher 3 (iirc, the 60fps mode drops the resolution to 1080p)
  • Dishonoured 2
  • Dark Souls 3, albeit at that ~900p resolution given it never received a One X patch
  • Batman Arkham Knight, which once again, would be better served with higher resolution
I honestly cannot recall any other titles.
Witcher 3 already runs at 4k 60 fps, since it had a one x patch, originally the 60 fps mode was a dynamic 1080p-4k but with the Series X it runs at 4k 60 fps.