• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
see the problem with ignoring the plight of the minority for the sake of the value of the majority is...that number never changes. you just excused the "1000 gendarmerie" in your example because in your idealized view "the Ukrainians are good people". Which is not even to be argued, it not even an issue, but gets brought in because 1000 gendarmaire are not being very good to black immigrants right now. Turned into a non issue, considered a Putin hoax, or cause for asking if people truly ever supported the Ukraine and if they are hypocrites or not...

those 1000 gendarmaie
That whole post is comedy because we criticize other nations all the time for military units/agencies that were responsible for thousands dead or just disgustingly racist and here we are making a hoopla over a Ukrainian Nazi regiment and them being backed by Western nations. Even got a sprinkle of that being Russian propaganda in another post lmfao

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully, as per the sound of the tweets, this is just an isolated case and due to a few rogue people.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Racism, especially towards black people, always finds its way.

I can't even say I'm shocked. Disappointment doesn't even begin to describe how I feel…

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
White people are awful, everywhere. Remember this when someone jumps on their soapbox to act like racism is exclusively a North American problem.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to think most Europeans who say this just come from a place of complete ignorance, where they never ever met a Black person in their lives (not seen from afar, briefly. Like actually met and had a chat) and have no frame of reference how others in their country behave towards and around them.
Which isn't much of an excuse, but it is a bit better than knowingly lying.

They're lucky to always have people making this excuse for them.

TCB

Oct 19, 2019
I fully support the situation with Ukraine defending itself, and like most people I've been anxiously watching the news, but more than a few times I've noticed racist elements popping up. Most notably in how it's being discussed by certain people in the media, but also shit like this.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I fully support the situation with Ukraine defending itself, and like most people I've been anxiously watching the news, but more than a few times I've noticed racist elements popping up. Most notably in how it's being discussed by certain people in the media, but also shit like this.
This guy is pretty much cataloging all of it. I'm not surprised though since white folk always got time to let the rest of us know that they think we ain't shit.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's sorta great a bunch of folks on Twitter are trying to reach out and help each other out. Say what you will about the worst parts of social media, but the times like this when it pulls through for people I think is super important
It is truly the great strength of social media. It just also gets abused on the daily. Because of course.

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
White people are awful, everywhere. Remember this when someone jumps on their soapbox to act like racism is exclusively a North American problem.
there's a whole laundry list for them to remember when it comes to european countries and racism for real

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Seems the same is happening for people of Indian descent as well:
m.economictimes.com

Indians trying to flee Ukraine stuck at border

Some other Indian citizens who managed to cross into Poland have been denied a place to stay in shelters set up by Polish authorities and charities, and were told that the help was reserved for Ukrainians, according to Kataria's wife, Magdalena Barcik, who is working with him to help those fleeing.

Jan 18, 2018
For sure. Only good thing about this is that white folks can't pretend like it's an America problem. Don't know how many "get your shit together, America" posts I'd seen.

Oct 27, 2017
Seems the same is happening for people of Indian descent as well:
m.economictimes.com

Indians trying to flee Ukraine stuck at border

Some other Indian citizens who managed to cross into Poland have been denied a place to stay in shelters set up by Polish authorities and charities, and were told that the help was reserved for Ukrainians, according to Kataria's wife, Magdalena Barcik, who is working with him to help those fleeing.
White people showing their ass no matter where they are smdh

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thank goodness it's being resolved, very good to see. Attempting to get on a train that's packed like canned sardines to flee a country being attacked must be terrifying. Ukrainian border patrol giving privilege to their own first isn't shocking. What a shit situation.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
On the brink of WW3 and losing your country, but still can't stop being racist for a second.

Amazing

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
This guy is pretty much cataloging all of it. I'm not surprised though since white folk always got time to let the rest of us know that they think we ain't shit.

Someone show this moron reporter the CBS reporter who considers Slavic peoples "less than European".

What an embarrassing fool.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If you are concerned about "optics", remember you are talking about people being barred from fleeing a war zone.

And also remember that this will likely be the one time many eyes are on this footage. So there isn't a "better time to talk about it", unless you just don't want to talk about it.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

I've been trying to point out the bigotry in Europe and get bullshit every time. Fucking disgusting seeing it still occur on this site.

On the brink of WW3 and losing your country, but still can't stop being racist for a second.

Amazing

They'll spit on us as the tectonic plates collapse under the pressure of 100,000,000 ICBM's….

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
This NBC reporter made me laugh, truly mask off time.

Stupid piece of shit should be fired.

anamika

May 18, 2018

Amazing
When people are desperate is sometimes when we see the worst of people. There's no performative political correctness anymore. These people genuinely think black and brown people have less worth than the white people fleeing war and send them to the back of the queue - they can only get on trains after all the white people have done so, they can only get shelter after all the white people and so on.

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
every time someone posts one of these dudes trying to get clout from this and i look at their timeline it's the same shit. i'm staying the fuck away from these putin shills and i'd urge people to be careful following the clout chasers/disinfo people on this. macleod dude is straight up a putin shill, and others RT stuff like

"Sanctions are an act of war.

Weapons shipments are an act of war.

If we are serious about peace, we must oppose policies that escalate violence."

foh trying to piggyback on this shit to prop up putin.

Pragmatist

May 30, 2019
It's so ironic how just today the local news and social media was calling attention to the compassion and selflessness people from neighbouring countries were displaying when helping fleeing Ukrainian refugees, many even opening their homes in hospitality to them. And I get it, it's something bright to draw upon and make people feel good in these uncertain and chaotic times.

But then seeing shit like this only makes me think of the often general dehumanising treatment and reception that poc refugees receive in stark contrast. And then it only serves to make the hospitable folk look worse in hindsight. I hope this bigotry isn't glossed over or forgotten, especially when analysis and op-eds are penned in the aftermath of this conflict.

Steelrain

Oct 25, 2017
It's so ironic how just today the local news and social media was calling attention to the compassion and selflessness people from neighbouring countries were displaying when helping fleeing Ukrainian refugees, many even opening their homes in hospitality to them. And I get it, it's something bright to draw upon and make people feel good in these uncertain and chaotic times.

But then seeing shit like this only makes me think of the often general dehumanising treatment and reception that poc refugees receive in stark contrast. And then it only serves to make the hospitable folk look worse in hindsight. I hope this bigotry isn't glossed over or forgotten, especially when analysis and op-eds are penned in the aftermath of this conflict.
Oh it will be, regardless of outcome.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Is Ukraine known to be a very racist country? I never really thought about how it and neighboring countries stand on this, tho now that I think about it I can see Russia beeing not too hot on black people either. Stuff like this is a constant reminder to me how I can be glad that I live in a country where any display of racism would very quickly be met with a huge amout of scorn, and even then its far from perfect.