• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
3rd time he was caught = he does this more than 3 times

Dude is dangerous to himself and others. This business is hard on Jeff, dude sacrifices his body so much for entertainment, but he needs help. I think both WWE and AEW need to step up for him, because they are a large part of his current state.

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
I still can't believe Jeff hardy ever managed to get a job again after that sting match. Not only that, but get employed by every major promotion
It's because has extended or semi-extended periods when he is actually clean and functioning. It just seems he keeps relapsing over and over. It's a horrible cycle that I'm sure is fueled in part by his body being beat up from years of doing those stunts.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dude is dangerous to himself and others. This business is hard on Jeff, dude sacrifices his body so much for entertainment, but he needs help. I think both WWE and AEW need to step up for him, because they are a large part of his current state.

WWE offered him rehab, he refused so they let him walk, and AEW picked him up

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum

In Jeff's own words of why he turned down WWE's rehab offer - "I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but evidently it was because honestly, it's my history. The person I had to talk to every week, or every other week as far as after I went to rehab, I had to report to him, and I got so sick of that. Because I felt like I had to do it to keep my job. I guess I could have just said, 'Look, I am not doing this anymore,' but I felt trapped."

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Too bad he's not still with WWE and related to the champ; he'd get away unpunished.

Please get help, dude. Like, real help.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we just can't admin we have a problem. I remember him on the Stone Cold podcast. Just well....lying. Granted this is absolutely not something easy to deal with. He will never not have this issue.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Man, my biggest fear every time he pops up in a news headline will be it revealing that he died of an overdose and I feel like we're inching closer and closer to that conclusion.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
In Jeff's own words of why he turned down WWE's rehab offer - "I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but evidently it was because honestly, it's my history. The person I had to talk to every week, or every other week as far as after I went to rehab, I had to report to him, and I got so sick of that. Because I felt like I had to do it to keep my job. I guess I could have just said, 'Look, I am not doing this anymore,' but I felt trapped."
Ah shit, he was offered help and he refused... Well I definitely think the wrestling contributes to his lifestyle and he was going way too hard in AEW.

Just feels like in wrestling all these people are willing to do insane shit and the companies will gladly spotlight them. Darby Allin is the same way. There comes a point where Im like "this is cool af, but it just enables people for lifelong pain". I dont want to see wrestling like that.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This doesn't surprise me at all. A change of promotion wasn't going to be the answer for Jeff. He needs real help.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff and the one Uso brother going head to head to see who can kill someone first while drunk driving.

Some people just don't get it no matter how many chances they get.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing out of all this is that when TK cuts him (and he has, especially with the TV transition coming) it'll probably mean Hardy spirals.

I can't imagine TK didn't have this scenario in mind when he was hired..

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Almost 4x the legal limit in FL. Third DUI in a decade. No sympathy for the man at this point.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
This was one former WWE guy AEW really should have not brought in any under circumstance. Was a danger to both himself and to other people. Really sad its come to this point and prison seems unavoidable now

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bet the lifestyle of a professional wrestler does not provide a good environment to staying clean.

It categorically doesn't. You're either on the road with the boys and obviously substances are being used left and right on the 24/7 party roadtrip fest or you're so banged up you need something for the pain.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
refused rehab from WWE too.
Apparently though he was actually clean then and passed the test which is why WWE tried to quietly rehire him after they realised they fucked up.

This however shows he is obviously off the wagon and needs to be fired because he is an accident waiting to happen and in all likelihood it seems he will be facing some prison time (anywhere from 30 days to years).

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
This comment is in no way excusing Jeff Hardy's DUI, but I wish wrestling would move away from the sort of "OH MY GOD" spots wrestlers like the Hardy brothers, Mick Foley, Shane McMahon, so forth and so on, agree to or are expected to do.

Professional wrestling is dangerous and taxing enough on the performers, but falling from ridiculous heights, crashing onto hard surfaces, getting cracked in the head with hard objects, It's just too much. There should be a push for personal safety for these performers. The crazy spots need to end.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any realistic way of Jeff going to jail?

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Tony Khan, you fucking mark. You gave this clown a million but you can't give the guys who have been there since Day 1 carrying the company every week a pay raise?

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
This is just sad. His match against Darby recently was hard to watch. Get help please :(

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I get it, he is in pain and has addiction issues but my sympathy has run out. Get help.

He's gonna kill someone.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Certainly the case when Jeff was coming up in the industry. Seems like the general vibe in locker rooms is a lot less drug and alcohol driven than it used to be.
From what I understand in the bigger feds it's not as much of a backstage thing anymore but it's still a big party after many shows.

Indy feds... Might as well still be the 90s

This is all secondhand information I haven't been backstage have any wrestling show since 2002.

On the subject of hand however. I hope Jeff gets the help he needs finally. Unfortunately, at this point I doubt it, but I really hope so.

We don't need any more wrestlers dying way before there time.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
As I said in the other thread. Jeff needs to be kicked out the business for his own good at this point. I met him last year. He did a signing and mini concert and he looked happy and healthy most importantly sober. At the same time he was still with WWE which is known for its grueling schedule.

I hoped with him going to AEW and being with Matt along with having a much lighter schedule it would be better for him. It's obviously not. He's hurting way too much and is drinking himself to death to keep up.

I got a feeling there's going to be jail time involved this time. I hate to be all beyond scared straight but him locked in a cell for a year is either going to drive him crazy or give him a very harsh wake up call.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
He looked way healthier in wwe, moved better too. Since coming to AEW they thru him into gimmick match after gimmick spot and he's alllll fucked up. Looks terrible, I really do not think he should be wrestling now enough is enough.

Dude needs to stop before he dies or kills somebody in the ring or a car. Curious as to how TK will handle the situation.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I get how you can get 1 DUI because everyone can make stupid mistakes but man, 3 in a few years is pretty unforgivable.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to be done with wrestling. I can't remember a match since he joined AEW where he wasn't clutching his back like a 70 year old man afterwards. And if he's not, Mox is literally right there along with Regal who both went through the same thing and sought long term help.

And I'm pretty sure AEW isn't going to reward his behavior with a title reign like Vince did with one of the Usos multiple DUIs a week after he was arrested.

And now that storyline with Jeff and Shamus looks even more tone deaf.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
They thought he was on drugs during a match, so told him rehab or out

On that occasion it turned out he wasn't on drugs, and refused rehab. WWE fired him *before* they got the tests back that said he was clean. Then they scrambled to rehire him but he signed with AEW. Obviously he's off the wagon again though.

Apparently though he was actually clean then and passed the test which is why WWE tried to quietly rehire him after they realised they fucked up.

This however shows he is obviously off the wagon and needs to be fired because he is an accident waiting to happen and in all likelihood it seems he will be facing some prison time (anywhere from 30 days to years).

I mean, where does that information come from, though? Is that something Jeff said in an interview? If it is, I'm not sure I'd take that as gospel. Didn't he just up and leave a match and run through the crowd to the exit unprompted or something?

Mar 23, 2018
Time for Khan to show if he will take measures or if he will join the likes of the FKA TNA and WCW.... and even WWE

en.wikipedia.org

The Usos - Wikipedia

Jonathan Fatu (Jimmy) was arrested on September 29, 2011, in Hillsborough County, Florida and charged with DUI. A police officer observed Fatu at around 3 A.M. EST driving the wrong way down a one way street. The officer pulled Fatu over and gave him a field sobriety test, which Fatu failed. Fatu was also given a breathalyzer and blew a .18, twice the legal limit in the state of Florida. Fatu was convicted and sentenced to probation. On March 13, 2013, Fatu was arrested for violating his probation by driving with a suspended license.[SUP][97][/SUP]

Joshua Fatu (Jey) was arrested in January 2018 for DWI in Hidalgo County, Texas after performing at a WWE live event held at Hidalgo's Payne Arena. He was released the same day after posting a $500 personal recognizance bond.[SUP][98][/SUP]

On February 14, 2019, Jonathan Fatu was arrested in Detroit, Michigan following a dispute with police officers when he, Joshua, and Trinity Fatu's Dodge Journey rental vehicle was pulled over when driving the wrong way on a one-way street. Police claim that when they approached the vehicle, they could smell alcohol from the inside. Officers then requested Trinity, the driver, to exit the SUV so that they could speak with her. Officers then claimed that Jonathan Fatu, Trinity's spouse, exited the vehicle while officers were speaking to Trinity and removed his shirt, then proceeded to walk towards the officers, prompting one of the officers to pull out his taser. The situation was quickly calmed down, however, and Fatu was placed under arrest and charged with disorderly conduct and obstruction of justice.[SUP][99][/SUP] In March 2019, it was revealed that Fatu's attorney struck a plea deal with prosecutors, and as per the condition of the agreement, Fatu pleaded no contest to interfering with a government employee and he was ordered to pay a $450 fine.[SUP][100][/SUP]

In the early morning hours of July 25, 2019, Jonathan Fatu was again arrested, this time near Pensacola, Florida, and was charged with DUI. He was taken into custody and booked into the Escambia County corrections center at approximately 3:00 A.M. EST.[SUP][101][/SUP] Fatu was later released from custody on $1,000 bond and was due to appear in court on August 15.[SUP][102][/SUP] Fatu was found not guilty by an Escambia county jury on the DUI charge after a trial that concluded on December 18, 2019.[SUP][103][/SUP]

On July 5, 2021, Jonathan Fatu was arrested after being pulled over at approximately 10:35 PM in Pensacola. Officers claim Fatu ran a red light after they clocked him going 50 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. They administered a breathalyzer and Fatu's BAC came back at .202 and .205, well above Florida's legal limit of .08. Fatu was booked on a misdemeanor DUI charge along with citations for speeding and running a red light. Bond was set at $500.[SUP][104][/SUP]

Ask him into getting help. He doesn't? Well, that's up to Khan and no forcing him, but if he doesn't get help... I wouldn't like to have someone who is as dangerous as Jeff Hardy is when he drives a car.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, where does that information come from, though? Is that something Jeff said in an interview? If it is, I'm not sure I'd take that as gospel. Didn't he just up and leave a match and run through the crowd to the exit unprompted or something?
It's from a few sources I believe, Matt, Jeff and in pretty sure the big, trusted wrestling outlets like fightful and wrestling observer also commented on it IIRC.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How disappointing. Straight to prison this time huh?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
While I'm not a fan of throwng people suffering from addiction in jail, Jeff needs to be removed from society for now because he's basically a danger to himself and others. It's kind of a miracle that he hasn't hurt someone else yet due to this.

Oct 28, 2017
While I'm not a fan of throwng people suffering from addiction in jail, Jeff needs to be removed from society for now because he's basically a danger to himself and others. It's kind of a miracle that he hasn't hurt someone else yet due to this.

You said this in a much nicer way than I want to.

I realize he's a wrestling hero but if this was some regular Joe Schmo I think most people would be saying to lock this piece of trash up for years. How many chances do you give someone before you realize they can't be helped? Is it going to take him killing an innocent person like Sunny did? I know there's still a human being in there but this guy's demons have won and it's time to lock him up for years before his demons change someone else's life for the worse.

ozhenson

May 26, 2022
Is there no system in the states that would see him have his license taken from him on a permanent basis? At very least keep him off the roads.

ozhenson

May 26, 2022
Touché! Surprised I didnt notice that.

This entire Hardy situation makes the 12 year old version of myself so very sad. And the current version of myself so very angry.