• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
Gosh I'm so, so sad about this. Brodie was just an unbelievably cool wrestler. The video of him talking about being a dad is absolutely heartbreaking. šŸ˜•

His squashing of Cody for the TNT belt was one of the best moments in wrestling this year.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
That is just super sad. So ylung, so talented and by all accounts a great guy. Condolences to the family. RIP

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just saw the news and I'm so sad. Been a big fan for a long time (great fun on twitter and he's a big Maple Leafs fan too) and was pissed that he was so underutilized in the WWE so I was so happy he finally got a big break going to AEW.

I remember watching him face Brock here in Toronto and wondering why they're squashing the guy when he is such a wonderful talent, especially for his size.

This hits hard. The world is cold and cruel. And he will be missed dearly. RIP šŸ˜­

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I'm absolutely gutted for his family and loved ones. So sad and for it to happen at Christmas is even worse.

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
This sucks so horribly bad...just devastating.
He would have been dealing with this for a good few months making things just so tough with family plus the pandemic.

Was a fan of his in WWE and bigger fan of his in AEW. This Wednesday night is gonna be a tough one.

RIP

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Brodie was such an awesome part of AEW and seeing his rise and that of the dark order has been a highlight this year. I'm really devastated. He would have had such an amazing run in AEW and it seems he was a really great guy.

I still haven't watched Stardom since Hana died as her death really affected me. I have been watching AEW every week this year and it's generally been a great show...

Last edited:

OneSneakyBob

Nov 19, 2019
He was one of my favorite wrestlers so the news hit me hard, and hearing how great a person he was is making it all the more heartwrenching.

RIP Mr. Brodie Lee

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, such horrible news to wake up to. God, that shouldn't be happening to someone so young. So sorry for his family šŸ˜¢

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so upset, he was a very talented wrestler but an even more incredible person it seems. That video of him talking about his family is too much.

What makes me sad too is he got out of WWE finally to spread his wings but there was no crowd unfortunately, they'd have loved his AEW run.

World lost a good one.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Dude was so young, this is so heartbreaking. RIP. :(

Leafs gotta win the cup now for Mr. Brodie Lee.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
I'm speechless, what a loss.

Brodie was doing great at a company he really loved, I'm so glad his final match was one that he always wanted to do.

He was amazing on BTE and the Dark Order has never really felt the same since he's been away. I'll miss him screaming at Silver and beating up Uno with his papers.

RIP :(

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I was stunned when I woke up and read this. On twitter you can really tell how much he was loved by a lot of people in the business, and how much his family meant to him. Even if it was for a short time, I'm glad he got to tear it up on AEW, shame he never got his big crowd reaction.

RIP

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man that's so surprising and heartbreaking, for his family especially. RIP.

Dude seemed like a genuinely good person too whose life effected many, and he was awesome in AEW.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
This is devastating - not only he was a very talented (if sadly underutilized in WWE) wrestler, but by all accounts he was a great man, too. Beloved by all wherever he went.

Fucking hell... far too young. That poor family of his. RIP Jon Huber/Brodie Lee :(

Oct 30, 2017
I vividly remember his segments on Austin Creeds Up Up Down Down youtube channel. He just seemed like a great person. Ƈame across as a sweetheart. You dont say that often about guys who look like him.

Very sad to hear even though I dont follow the wrestling scene anymore.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
When was he last on TV? I've been so busy with work lately I haven't had time to watch Dynamite for a bit.

Man I still can't believe this.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
There isn't a silver lining to be found in this. He had so much left to do. My last memory of him will be corpsing with Sue on BTE. His last match was great.

But he definitely wasn't anywhere close to reaching his full potential. And his family will certainly be poorer without him.

In a year where death is generally thought about in broad four plus figure numbers, it is still good to remember that a single death can be devastating.

Appreciate your loved ones people. Our time together is often far too brief.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
This, Hana and Shad's deaths hit me particularily hard, I still can't believe Brodie's gone...fuck.

RIP.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
This is unbelievable... :(

He was also so fucking good in his AEW run with Dark Order and then this happened :(

Last edited:

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I won't lie: I was kinda waiting for something to happen with his AEW run, so my investment isn't as deep as others here. But it's still an absolutely horrible loss given how young he was and how happy he seemed to be with his career at present. Really hope Vince and Tony do right by his family.

Echoing the sentiments that Shad, Hana and now Lee dying tragic deaths this year is too much.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
This one caught me off guard and I teared up a bit. Wish his family the best. There's no way to keep the Dark Order as heels after this, which they were already turning a bit just from John Silver and BTE. Page will go from joining the Dark Order just to have friends, to now being the rock that Dark Order needs to cope with the loss of Brodie, turning them all face in the process. he won't join the cult, the cult will join him.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Chris Harrington is the Vice President of business strategy at AEW and a childhood friend of Brodie Lee, as they grew up together in Rochester, NY.

He's been posting many touching stories and anecdotes about him on his Twitter:

Oct 28, 2017
This is a tragedy. It's already been said here, but like many others, I was a big fan of his abilities in the ring in WWE, and I always felt like he deserved a bigger spotlight, and seeing him debut in AEW was such a cool moment, knowing he would finally have his chance to truly shine.

Then I wake up to this... and I see all these stories of him not just being a great wrestler, but a great father and husband, and it really hits hard. One more taken way before his time. Rest In Peace, Jon, you absolute maniac in the ring.

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
What a fucking tragedy. In WWE he always struck me as someone with so much untapped potential, it was refreshing to see him do more in AEW. Now reading all about how universally beloved and respected he was is even more heartbreaking. Here's hoping Raw has some kinda tribute video or segment or something for him, he deserves it for all the time he put in and the friends he left behind.

I'm gonna go watch the Wyatt Family vs. The Shield again.

Primeau31

Nov 18, 2017
Can't echo the sentiment enough that wrestling truly lost one of the best souls it's ever had.

There were very few individuals so universally loved when they stepped into a locker room quite like Brodie Lee did.

Keep all of Jon's friends and family in your thoughts, this year has beaten us all down so badly and to suffer such a great loss on top of everything else is just unfathomable.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017

This is just another example on how these wrestling tag teams and factions become surrogate families due to working and traveling together all the time. It's already such a tough dream to pursue being single but to also be a family man while spending so much time away from them but also ending up with a family of sorts with your coworkers who your trust your body and life with for entertainment.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
omg, that's horrible. I saw a bunch of people posting his photo but hadn't realized he died. Man I am so sorry for his family, that is just horrible.