• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Can only echo the sentiments of everyone else in the thread.

I'm shocked and saddened, well as shocked as you still can be in this god forsaken year.

Sounds like the wrestling industry has lost a rare genuine good guy, going by the tributes. As short as it was, I'm happy he finally got the run he'd long time deserved in AEW.

RIP

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017

One of the best sqashes and post match angles that single handedly got him and an entire group over beyond just a comedic group on BTE (which had amazing segements. My favorites involving Trent's mother)

Just a wonderful guy to listen to and watch wrestle. This has been a painful year for wrestling deaths with Shad Gaspard and Hana, and now Brodie Lee as well.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
This is legitimately heartbreaking

I just feel so sad for his kids and wife and the rest of his family and friends

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

^I highly recommend watching this

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't kept up with wrestling in a while, but I fondly remember him during his Wyatt Family stints.
That Wyatt Family vs The Shield Elimination Chamber 2014 match was so god damn incredible

I remember the Raw in Chicago after CM Punk left the company had the Wyatts vs the Shield, and that match was firing on all cylinders.

I also haven't kept up with wrestling in a while, but I know many of the people who died this year -- Animal, Howard Finkel, Pat Patterson, Kamala, Zeus, Rocky Johnson -- were at least older. I felt it had been a while since a current wrestler died really young as I was growing up, when before you knew it Bam Bam was dead, Mr. Perfect was dead, British Bulldog was dead, Pillman, Rick Rude, Owen HArt, etc. etc.

Oct 27, 2017
This announcement has completely wrecked me. I was very eagerly awaiting his return, as he's probably still my favourite part of the Dark Orders bits. He was an all around incredible talent inside the ring and just a great human being.

My heart breaks for his family.

Oct 8, 2019
I remember the Raw in Chicago after CM Punk left the company had the Wyatts vs the Shield, and that match was firing on all cylinders.

I also haven't kept up with wrestling in a while, but I know many of the people who died this year -- Animal, Howard Finkel, Pat Patterson, Kamala, Zeus, Rocky Johnson -- were at least older. I felt it had been a while since a current wrestler died really young as I was growing up, when before you knew it Bam Bam was dead, Mr. Perfect was dead, British Bulldog was dead, Pillman, Rick Rude, Owen HArt, etc. etc.

Wrestling had done a pretty good job of cleaning up its act so people stopped dying young because less people were on steroids, less emphasis on hardcore matches meant less people were on pain killers, and drugs had largely disappeared from wrestling so less deaths from cocaine overdoses like Gino Hernandez.

So this was really shocking.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One of the best sqashes and post match angles that single handedly got him and an entire group over beyond just a comedic group on BTE (which had amazing segements. My favorites involving Trent's mother)

Just a wonderful guy to listen to and watch wrestle. This has been a painful year for wrestling deaths with Shad Gaspard and Hana, and now Brodie Lee as well.

God that's right Shad was this year. That seems like a lifetime ago.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
This is so heartbreaking. Dude was literally in the prime of his career and the sky was the limit for him. He's been doing awesome in AEW and redefined Dark Order as a stable with his work. More importantly all the words from wrestlers across the industry have always been positive about him over the years. He was always good to the people around him, especially his family. RIP.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This dude was primed to have the run he always deserved here in the near future. The Exalted One gimmick fit him like a fucking glove and his matches with Mox and Cody were so damn good. I hate this. This fucking sucks.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Man, this fucking sucks.

He has getting that 2nd push too, the audiences would have popped to the moon had not been for the pandemic.

Fucking hell, this year...

Godspeed Jon...

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, he was too young, in the prime of his career! Literally in shock. RIP.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
dammit and here i thought 2020 couldnt get worse way to young to go. i have found memories of the very begining of the wyatt family its a damn shame that after the wyatt family ended wwe fucked up his singles push.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Both as Brodie Lee and Luke Harper he was one of my favorite wrestlers during his time. I loved seeing him kill cody for the TNT title finally being the monster i wanted him to be. But the wyatt family vs the shield feud will always be one of my all time favorite feuds

GhaleonQ

Jan 14, 2018
Lord. The wrapped-up legacy of Gaspard, the unlimited brilliance ahead for Hana, and the renewed magnificence of Lee, all in 365 days? This lays me low.

He is my favorite big man wrestler ever, and he was such a staggeringly good person.

I hope people with means take care of his family. They deserve that much.

God (or Larry), please protect him and bring him to you. You know his heart. He used his time so well.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
That's shocking and terrible news. He was still so young, talented, and starting a new chapter of his life. I'm sorry to his family and friends, he seemed like a genuinely great guy.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Insane. By all accounts he was extremely well liked backstage and by everyone he touched.

Oct 27, 2017
Lord. The wrapped-up legacy of Gaspard, the unlimited brilliance ahead for Hana, and the renewed magnificence of Lee, all in 365 days? This lays me low.

He is my favorite big man wrestler ever, and he was such a staggeringly good person.

I hope people with means take care of his family. They deserve that much.

God (or Larry), please protect him and bring him to you. You know his heart. He used his time so well.

I think they plan to. RIP Brody.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
I am heartbroken to see this news this evening. Brodie had been held down in WWE, but got his chance to shine in AEW and went out on top even after losing the TNT title to Cody in one of the best Dog Collar matches in wrestling history. This is such sad news for sure. Hopefully WWE also honors him for the time that he spent there.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me, just like Hana, my heart sunk when I read the title. Absolutely unexpected.

Rest in peace, dude was an amazing worker, and severely underrated. Also, I did not know, but I'm very glad to hear, that he seems to have been a great guy behind the scenes as well.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit. Fuck 2020. It had to grab one more on the way out the door, huh?

After being stuck in booking hell for so long, he was finally getting a good run with a good character in AEW.