• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 11, 2018
That really sucks. He always seemed to be a great talent that the WWE misused. I just recently heard he went to AEW and was starting to have success. Of course 2020 couldn't end without giving us a few more jabs in the eye :(

RIP Brodie.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this fucking sucks. Apparently he was a very compassionate human being and was finally giving the push he deserved.

Having to start and end the year with unfortunate wrestling deaths is really upsetting...

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK

I'M SO FUCKING SAD RN

one of my favorites in AEW and just getting started to show his true potential :(

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Saddened by this. He was one of my favorites in AEW and BTE.

Rest in peace, Jon Huber/Brodie Lee.

Oct 8, 2019
Never had the career he should have because Vince was obsessed with a southern accent, but in terms of wrestling ability he was one of the best big men of all times. He finally looked like his career was about to take off again but Covid prevented him from doing New Japan shows, and just when the Dark Order was getting massively order this happened.

This is still one of the most epic moments in wrestling history over the past decade

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
What a bummer, I guess this explains why his TNT belt run was so short too. What a shame, dude seemed like a lovely person in every interview I've heard and he was so great in Dark Order. I was so excited to see what he did when he was back, assuming it was just an injury. This is devastating to read.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
This is heartbreaking. I was a fan of his the moment I saw him wrestle in WWE. Was a true big man workhorse. Was happy that he was utilized well in AEW. RIP. Best wishes to his family during these times. Gone way too soon

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dude what the fuck really? How? This was so unexpected. I'm gutted. I am behind on AEW and didn't know he had been off TV. I wish his family and friends the absolute best.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was devastated hearing this. The moment Cody lost the TNT title to him was such an out of the blue, awesome moment, and he finally got his time to shine in a perfect role for him.

RIP. Gone too soon.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This has snuck up on me emotionally in ways I didn't realize it would. I don't know if he meant more than I realized or if it's just the suddenness. I'm like half the dude's size but couldn't help but borrow large swathes of his moveset for myself when I broke into wrestling. I was still using them when COVID hit. One of my biggest inspirations in it all despite the disparity between us visually. I feel gutted. Stomach churningly sad news. RIP and hoping for the best for his wife and kids.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it! This was not what I wanted to read when I was wondering why he hasn't been on TV in awhile. This hurts.

RIP Jon Huber.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
RIP

I liked him in WWE and thought they should have done more with him. He got screwed in the Wyatt/Orton feud.

one of my mom's favorite guy's as well and was happy to see him on AEW.

This sucks.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
It had been a "state secret" as to why he hadn't been on TV the last several weeks. Sounds like he was really sick, this fucking sucks

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Literally everyone at WWE cited him as their best friend, from Sheamus to Alberto Del Rio. He was the most lovable, most genuine human being in the rosters he had been in, sucks to see his life was cut too short. Rest in peace, Jon.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Jesus, this year hasn't been kind to wrestlers. (or anyone for that matter). RIP.

Oct 27, 2017
He was my favourite guy in the Wyatt family. He should have been in the main event with Orton and Wyatt at Wrestlemania.

41. What a terrible year this has been.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Never had the career he should have because Vince was obsessed with a southern accent, but in terms of wrestling ability he was one of the best big men of all times. He finally looked like his career was about to take off again but Covid prevented him from doing New Japan shows, and just when the Dark Order was getting massively order this happened.

This is still one of the most epic moments in wrestling history over the past decade

For anyone reading, if you can find it or are a Network sub - although I wouldn't be surprised if WWE put it up on its YT channel too for free - please go out of your way to watch The Shield vs The Wyatt Family at Elimination Chamber 2014. Legitimately a brilliant match.

Got a 'this is awesome' chant before anything happened because if there were two factions at that time that could get that - and earn it - before a match started, it was those two.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
What in the fuck....OMG this is terrible, I can't believe. JFC.

Thoughts and all the well wishes to his wife and family.

Goddamn. RIP. :-(

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow what the hell :( His talent was just finally being used/acknowledged by bookers, too

41 is so young

RIP :(

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked. Like fuck. I was so looking forward to seeing Brodie Lee again, never thought it would turn out like this. Rest in Peace, hope his family can make it thought. 41 is really young, he had so much more to offer to the world as a wreslter and as a person.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
This is a great video that made me appreciate him outside of the ring:

I highly recommend watching it.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man come on...He seemed so happy and proud of his match with Cody only for that to only turn out to be his last match. I'm kind of devastated right now as I'm a big fan and thought he was a wonderful addition to AEW and was a strong part of my enjoyment with Dark Order (MY PAPERS).

My condolences to his friends and families. Haven't heard a bad thing said about the man and he seems to have left a positive impact personally and professionally as a wrestler.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Fucking horrible. Man had just found his spot in the industry after suffering through WWEs bullshit and seemed genuinely happy.

Life is a cruel fucking joke sometimes.

RIP

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't kept up with wrestling in a while, but I fondly remember him during his Wyatt Family stints.
That Wyatt Family vs The Shield Elimination Chamber 2014 match was so god damn incredible

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that really is messed up. The guy was getting his shot being on the upper echelon in AEW. RIP to him and condolences to his family and friends. I heard he was a great guy off the cameras.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He had so much ahead of him :(. I just watched Soul today and it feels just like that.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm so saddened. His family must be hit so hard by this.

As a wrestling fan he was one of my favourites of the last ten years that never got a truly fair shake in WWE (not to lessen his fantastic work with The Wyatt Family) and I was so glad to see him treated as a star in AEW.

His run as TNT champ and short program with Cody was one of my favourite things this year. It really felt like he had hit his stride and had really great things ahead of him.

Thankful for what he did give us at least, he was a great performer and one of the best big men.

Zaku3

Banned
Mar 20, 2019
I'm so saddened. His family must be hit so hard by this.

As a wrestling fan he was one of my favourites of the last ten years that never got a truly fair shake in WWE (not to lessen his fantastic work with The Wyatt Family) and I was so glad to see him treated as a star in AEW.

His run as TNT champ and short program with Cody was one of my favourite things this year. It really felt like he had hit his stride and had really great things ahead of him.

Thankful for what he did give us at least, he was a great performer and one of the best big men.

Match vs Moxley was fantastic as well.