• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
really good ppv, Tag Title Match and Darby/Sammy were the best matches. Everything else were ok but not living to the hype sadly.

Now we have several questions down here:

- What will happen with Cody from here (i cant wait for this monday's BTE where probably they mock as fuck of Cody's tat lol)

- Who will be the next challengers for the tag titles (looks like Lucha Bros will be busy with Best Friends so... Santana/Ortiz?)

- How they will introduce Lance Archer this wednesday

- Will the exalted one appear this wednesday?

- Who will challenge mox for the Title on Double or Nothing (please dont be MJF, he is not ready)

I really enjoyed the event but i was a little dissapointed because the match i more waited was Cody/MJF but a lot of things made the match dehyped... but oh well, next match between those 2 will be better.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
It was an entertaining night altogether, whether it was because of the matches or because of what some people did to themselves the day before lol.

Massive highs and moderate lows. All in all a success. The worst part was definitely the Cody/MJF feud being a total wet fart. They built that shit up so well, I can't believe this is what it ended up like. Will MJF really get heat from this shit?
I mean at least it probably wasn't MJF calling for some of the poorer parts of the match? Every that was too much in it has a "Cody" mark on it, and I thought MJF still proved himself as one of the rising stars of AEW through his work.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the show as a whole. The tag match was the obvious standout, but Darby/Sammy, PAC/OC, and the Championship match were all excellent. Preshow match, women's match, Dustin/Hager match were fine but not great, and the Cody/MJF match was really disappointing, but since the highs of the show were so high, I think it turned out to be a really good show.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Tag team match was really, really, really great.

OC/Pac was great, as was Sammy/Darby.

Main event was good.

MJF/Cody was back to 3* savior Cody. Women's match they tried but it was misfiring and in a bad spot. Dustin/Hager was probably about seven minutes too long. I enjoyed the Dark Order/SCU match on the buy in.

Good show overall.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Better and I think more consistent show than Full Gear. It definitely had low lows but Full Gear was definitely worse with that IMO.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think there were still miles left to go on Jericho as champ just because of what he adds to the show, but having Mox lose here would've been the wrong call. Mox has a lot of potential fun matches in the coming months - brawls with Cobb, Archer, Brodie Lee, getting back at the Inner Circle, another match with PAC and the inevitable rematch with Omega. AEW are going from strength to strength here.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
First two AEW champs are WWE guys... I love both Mox and Jericho but for being "new" and showcasing "guys you've never seen" they seem to feature a certain guy at the top of the card.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
AEW generated a lot of buzz with this show. They better stick the landing on Wednesday. I have a feeling a lot of eyes will be on them.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I mean at least it probably wasn't MJF calling for some of the poorer parts of the match? Every that was too much in it has a "Cody" mark on it, and I thought MJF still proved himself as one of the rising stars of AEW through his work.
Agreed. MJF was actually the thing that made the match not total ass. Not a great showing from Cody compared to his other AEW showings.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
First two AEW champs are WWE guys... I love both Mox and Jericho but for being "new" and showcasing "guys you've never seen" they seem to feature a certain guy at the top of the card.
Jericho was a necessary "evil". brought a lot of eyes to Dynamite. Mox reinvented himself with his NJPW run, and is waaaaaay too popular not to give a title to.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Jericho and Mox are the top draws. They get the best ratings. That's who you put your world titles on. They are building guys up like Darby and Sammy to eventually take those spots and carry the main events, but it doesn't happen overnight. You need reliable top-end stars to build around who people know.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have some whiskey for my boys Page and Mox. Thanks for the entertaining thread everyone and see you Wenesday.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Cody's tattoo could've been worse. He could've gotten some Star Trek thing.

For real, if he just owns it in his next promo it'll be fine. Ignore it and it'll continue to be a talking point.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
great event. going to watch that tag championship again quicklike. i am such a kenny omega fan now i don't even know how this happened.

funny how the two worst matches of the night were the ones with the least amount of story and the most amount of story. i feel bad for cody that it didn't come together after all they've done building it up.
Cody's my favorite wrestler in AEW but he can only blame himself, he tended to overbook shit when he had Brandi on the outside

So with 3 people on the outside my expectations went down, he was on a really good streak of matches though if he and MJF have another match I see it being a lot better

xVaalbarAx

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I thought the show was great. Disappointed with one match (MJF/Cody) especially how they built it up for months. That Hangman/Omega vs. Young Bucks match was my most anticipated match going into the show and it lived up to the hype.

BabyShams

Nov 7, 2017
Jericho was a necessary "evil". brought a lot of eyes to Dynamite. Mox reinvented himself with his NJPW run, and is waaaaaay too popular not to give a title to.

Popular guys are their world champions? Hardly shocking for a new company.

I totally get why, and I like Mox and Jericho. But there have been 3 world title PPV matches in AEW right? Jericho vs Hangamn, Jericho vs Cody and Jericho vs Moxley, except Hangman they are all former WWE guys.

They need to work on building up credible heavyweight threats. Tag Team they are nailing, womens is getting better. But pulling Omega and Hangman into tag team really limits what they have in mens heavyweight.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Cody's my favorite wrestler in AEW but he can only blame himself, he tended to overbook shit when he had Brandi on the outside

So with 3 people on the outside my expectations went down

Agreed, he had so many chances for this match that cody overbooked it and chose the worst. And it's sad because this one, THIS ONE, was the feud that got all us more invested of all the feuds of the card.

Godammit man, Cody still is my favorite AEW wrestler and next time will do better.