• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
As my first wrestling PPV, I gotta say: Incredibly good shit. I could have gone tonight and elected to go to Rampage instead, but I'm now maybe eying tickets to Vegas in May ;)

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
AEW certainly does give you a lot of bang for your buck. A few too many kick-outs out of high impact moves, but overall great ppv.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Such an incredible show...

Moment of the night for me might go to Regal's debut or Wardog's face turn I can't decide

q4core

Feb 26, 2021
DMV
Amazing PPV. I know having a stacked roster forces everyone to up their game, and we kinda saw that. I could do without some of the crazier spots, but that's because I'm an old wrestling fan now lol.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
the best part is that i can't wait to see what happens next.

biggest thing is that they are priming wardawg for the big time big time.

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a sucker for spotfests and this has been delivering in spades.

Gotta need that injury/recovery report though, some of them bumps looked gnarly.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing PPV overall. I do think it's time though and have Hangman's next feud an eventual demise fall into the hands of the House of Black. Just forced to run a gamut of Matthews, King, and then failing to Malakai Black

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
This was an awesome PPV, but the problems with the Women's Divisions are becoming a bigger and bigger issue.

And no, the problem isn't Jade. It's Britt, and the booking.

nemorrhoids

Oct 22, 2018
I think the only sub-par match tonight was Rosa/DMD. I think the Mox/Danielson match was places bizarrely, and would have gotten as much of a pop elsewhere, althought Regal coming out is what really woke the crowd back up.

NightOnyx

Oct 25, 2017
Great PPV! I enjoyed all the matches a lot except the Britt/Rosa match, which had way too much interference for my liking. I also don't know how I feel about no title changes. Obviously, storylines ended but being at the same place title-wise after a PPV just feels weird and in a way makes the show feel less impactful? Still, we got 5 hours of amazing matches, so I'm really happy overall. Punk/MJF was definitely my MOTN.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked at the available tickets for DoN and it's looking pretty sparse already. Run the damn football stadium, Tony!

Fatalah

Sep 17, 2021
Eddie Kingston's entrance song is stuck in my head.

I'm happy with all of the match outcomes tonight!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing show. Still buzzing about Eddie/Jericho. Probably my MOTN, but there were a bunch of strong ones.

I was looking forward to Rosa/Britt but… eh. Lacked intensity and that was especially glaring after what Jade/Tay did. I would've been fine if they just built to a match at the San Antonio card and skipped this one.

I'll also echo that they should've changed the placement of the Mox/Bryan match. It was damn good IMO, but an exhausted crowd hurt it. Eddie/Jericho was a perfect opener, so maybe follow that up with the ladder match and then back to a straight match with Mox/Bryan.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
another post-show showerthought:

please sign Redbeard

yeah yeah bloated roster etc too many signings etc but I just miss seeing that man on my TV. He's wonderful

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
This was an awesome PPV, but the problems with the Women's Divisions are becoming a bigger and bigger issue.

And no, the problem isn't Jade. It's Britt, and the booking.

The booking of the AEW's women's championship? Yes. However, you can see it foreshadowing that something is gonna happen in San Antonio on St. Patrick's Day Slam.

However, if you think the women's division is in trouble now, then you just got here and didn't see the years prior on how it was.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Knee jerk star ratings for tonight.

Jericho/Kingston 4.75/5
Tag titles 4.5/5
Ladder match 4.75/5
Jade/Tay 3/5 (5/5 Jade's entrance)
MJF/Punk 4.25/5 (5/5 Wardlow turn)
Britt/Rosa 2.75/5
Mox/Danielson 4/5 (5/5 Regal!)
Tornado tag 4.25/5 (5/5 WTF moments)
Hangman/Cole 4.5/5

Sw3rve appearing was also 5/5.

Give Jade everything.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I think the only sub-par match tonight was Rosa/DMD. I think the Mox/Danielson match was places bizarrely, and would have gotten as much of a pop elsewhere, althought Regal coming out is what really woke the crowd back up.

Glad to have you aboard, btw! Just wild to see a new fan out of the blue. Haha. You're following during a great time.

Lowkey20

Nov 18, 2020
Fantastic PPV. It did feel a little long but almost every match delivered. I think my ratings would be…

Jericho/Kingston 4/5
Tag titles 4/5
Ladder match 4/5
Jade/Tay 2.75/5
MJF/Punk 4.5/5
Britt/Rosa 2/5
Mox/Danielson 3.75/5
Tornado tag 4/5 (just for the spots)
Hangman/Cole 4.5/5

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
There's something y'all are missing. Despite Wardlow's cheating, Rickyyyyy(!) still holds the richest prize in the history of our sport! 😎

ImpressionablePointlessBorzoi-size_restricted.gif