• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
I think every match could go either way aside from Jade, Hangman and my boy Hook, which is a good sign.
Im hoping this mox and bryan thing will last a while rather than be a one and done.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For rampage tonight, what time is door opening and what time do they start recording things? Tickets don't specify unless I'm blind.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Can't wait. So many bangers on tap. Especially hyped for Mox/AmDrag, Kingston/Jericho, MJF/Punk, Rosa/Britt (Rosa needs to win!) and the ladder match.

I just wish it were on Saturday but I guess they want to avoid competing with the UFC event.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Rosa/Britt build has been kinda underwhelming, just seems to be there because there's no one left for Britt to face rather than a heated feud picking up from the lights out match.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The four wrestlers I'm most excited about from a purely wrestling approach on Sunday are Hangman, Bryan, MJF, and CM Punk. So that makes MJF vs. CM Punk an easy pick for match I'm most excited about. It helps that their story has been great, too.

I'm a big fan of Mox as a character and he's a solid in-ring worker, but he rarely goes that extra mile (outside of his first Kenny light's out match). I'm more interested in how the match will conclude and what it'll mean for his and Bryan's potential faction.

Cole just hasn't been impressive in-ring since he arrived in AEW. This is a huge test for him. It doesn't help that the story is incredibly bland. I know Hangman's going to kill himself to get this match over, so I don't doubt it'll deliver from his side. Cole just has to match that intensity, and we haven't seen that yet.

Left the Bucks off the list but obviously they're going to be a potential MOTN/MOTY contender even with the awkward build. Same with the Cole match, this is a big test. Not just for ReDragon, but also for Jurassic Express. Highest profile match for all of them in AEW yet. Luchasaurus in particular really has to step up. Can't just keep doing the same shit he recycles for his TV matches if he wants this to be something special.

Folk know I'm not high on Britt, Jade, or Jericho, so I'm managing my expectations on those matches. Hoping to be surprised. I'm sure the trios match will be a spotfest, but those things are typically forgettable. Ladder match should be great. Hype for Keith Lee and a potential joker debut.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm also pretty excited to see Hook destroying QT Marshall. Looking forward to that.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Hype levels are OK to good. I just raised them by watching a few bits of last year's Full Gear and seeing a hot AEW PPV crowd surely elevates the whole thing.

I'm hoping we get some special entrances and gear for the matches that matter.
For example Rosa wore this fantastic outfit at the Impact PPV she was at and it was excellent. Most AEW viewers probably haven't even seen it yet.
4xj47tzhm1c71.jpg

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Hype levels are OK to good. I just raised them by watching a few bits of last year's Full Gear and seeing a hot AEW PPV crowd surely elevates the whole thing.

I'm hoping we get some special entrances and gear for the matches that matter.
For example Rosa wore this fantastic outfit at the Impact PPV she was at and it was excellent. Most AEW viewers probably haven't even seen it yet.
4xj47tzhm1c71.jpg
So she's definitely worn that ring gear at AEW but not the entrance head gear. Cool stuff. Rosa's gear is always amazing and she so often wears something different. She's spent so much money on ring gear and I greatly appreciate it because she always has something cool looking.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
So she's definitely worn that ring gear at AEW but not the entrance head gear. Cool stuff. Rosa's gear is always amazing and she so often wears something different. She's spent so much money on ring gear and I greatly appreciate it because she always has something cool looking.

Yeah, she's worn that gear before (in fact, it's the gear she's wearing in the match promo image for Revolution!) but the headgear she hasn't used yet/

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Im here at the arena for rampage and God damn this place is small. Lol. Excited for all the shows this weekend

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
They're UO, now, apparently. Forgot who it was but someone (EDIT: Credit to Nelo Ice for spotting this) pointed that the Dynamite clip of the final segment had the title of "The Undisputed Originals Show Hangman Page Why Adam Cole is the Next Champ"

As in, Undisputed Originals (of Ring of Honor)

Good to know, will alter my phrasing accordingly. I really should get around to watching more of their ROH stuff, loved their NXT run.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
The Countdown show was a bit lackluster. They used to put a lot more effort into those with especially produced footage, not just comments from commentators and wrestlers. That has been the case for the last few PPV's already, it's a bit of a pity because they have proved they can do amazing hype videos even leading up to regular Dynamite episodes.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hyped for this PPV. I had a massive drive today and was just thinking about various outcomes. Gonna be a great PPV.

Anyone think we might see a surprise debut?

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
Would Kenny Omega count as a surprise? While not a debut, it's what I'm hoping for.
He's not coming back this soon. He was on a podcast a couple of weeks ago saying he's still waiting for multiple surgeries.

Honestly I would rather him take as much time as he wants off to come back as near 100% as he can.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would love for Claudio to show up in any capacity whatsoever but I think he just had a kid recently so he might be taking a little time away from wrestling in general.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Hope crowd isnt drained. Every match is hype, but Sting/Jade seem like theyll fall the most flat. There's such little breathing room here-- everything looks really strong both in build and match quality.

IDK why Christian is in the ladder match. Feel like they could have put someone else in that spot. Really hope Hobbs wins it.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
If Thunder doesn't take it off of Britt then I'm going to lose a bit of patience in Tony's booking. For Hangman it worked: you expected him to win, he didn't, it built the story even longer and paid off well. With Thunder, there's not much more story to tell with Britt. Hangman and Kenny had a long history of friendship and being enemies while Hangman's failures about Kenny sent him spiraling. Thunder has just been "this is who will beat Britt" since, like, their first match. There's nothing there to hone or foster, just have Thunder win.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
If Thunder doesn't take it off of Britt then I'm going to lose a bit of patience in Tony's booking. For Hangman it worked: you expected him to win, he didn't, it built the story even longer and paid off well. With Thunder, there's not much more story to tell with Britt. Hangman and Kenny had a long history of friendship and being enemies while Hangman's failures about Kenny sent him spiraling. Thunder has just been "this is who will beat Britt" since, like, their first match. There's nothing there to hone or foster, just have Thunder win.

Rosa might not win right now because she has a legitimate injury that happened during the tag match on Wednesday. I'm not sure how serious it is, but if it will require her to be off the show for a long while, then I could see them postponing it. I'd rather have Rosa at 100% putting on a great match that ends with her winning the belt than injured Rosa trying to force her way through injured.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Rosa might not win right now because she has a legitimate injury that happened during the tag match on Wednesday. I'm not sure how serious it is, but if it will require her to be off the show for a long while, then I could see them postponing it. I'd rather have Rosa at 100% putting on a great match that ends with her winning the belt than injured Rosa trying to force her way through injured.

You could even run a story at that point if it's a minor injury that, even though Britt lost, she beat down Rosa so bad that she's out of commission for weeks. It doesn't need to be Rosa just pulling an Omega for the next 3 months of working while minutely recovering. I just don't see how much more they can stretch out Rosa/Baker at its current trajectory.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I would expect Rosa to win. While I'm sure new people will be coming in after this PPV, there's like no one left for Britt to face as champion.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember the last PPV that had this stacked of a card. Slight shame this is on on Sunday, rather than Saturday, for us out of the US. Still can't wait though.

I was going to watch the countdown tomorrow morning but from memory the All Out Buy In had all the packages and additional ones. Is that right?

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind Christian in the ladder match as I feel he'll be helping/guiding in there with his history in ladder matches.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Christian was apparently one of the major minds behind the layouts of all those classic ladder matches from back in the day, so I imagine having him in the ring for this is because he knows exactly what the fuck he's doing and can be a guiding force in there.

Makes a lot of sense, IMO.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
not having omega on the ppv is bummer, i think hes been on all of them until now, the card is definitely stacked with 4-5 star matches up and down… still tho, its missing that special something for me and thats the best bout machine. Hope he get better soon.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
not having omega on the ppv is bummer, i think hes been on all of them until now, the card is definitely stacked with 4-5 star matches up and down… still tho, its missing that special something for me and thats the best bout machine. Hope he get better soon.
Eh, glad he's getting a break to heal up physically/mentally. Can't work them all.

This card already has a ton of fantastic matchups.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I hear Cody will be at WWE's house show to win the title tonight to take the excitement away from Revolution. Uh ooooooh