• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
This thread is dedicated to Sinatar , a regular user in the wrestling threads here on ERA and on the old board, as he left a suicide note and was found dead in his apartment recently. Please try to seek help if you or someone you know may be dealing with suicidal thoughts or depression.

www.resetera.com

Retro streamer Sinatar has passed away

This happened a month ago, but I didn't learn of it until yesterday. He wrote a suicide note on his Youtube channel and in the comment section someone confirmed he was found dead in his apartment: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxXRxFQKR7GzQRgAC-8sVsPR9oxTvnaclV Sinatar was pretty popular in...

FMz78VtWUAAxdWy

Rampage on Friday night:

FM6AxU2XEAU_X7r

FM6AxU3XsAI-n6z

FM6AxU1XsAEDM_q

FM6AxU5XIAAjgE8

AEW Revolution on Sunday

kbc2srt5tpl81.jpg

Last edited:

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
AEW Revolution 2022 |OT| Shane's not here

Well there goes my guess for the Ladder Match Joker!

:) for real though I'm so hype for Sunday

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really stacked card and could be an amazing ppv.

The news around ROH also makes me wonder if we will see any developments there, such as a debut for Gresham or someone like Regal as a ln authority figure etc.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
So hyped!

It'll be like 4 hours long right? Card is so stacked. Taking monday off, since it'll be ending at like 2 AM here

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Matches I'm actually looking forward to:
Ladder Match
MJF v Punk
Eddie v Jericho
Mox v BD
Hook v QT

The rest I'm sure will be good too.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the thread RBH. RIP Sinatar. Everyone enjoy the PPV a little more for our comrade.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am really interested in how they will lay out this card, there is so many good matches there is no "right" was to order them

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Miss you, Sinatar. We'll be watching Revolution together in spirit, brother.

tBp13kD.jpg
tBp13kD.jpg
tBp13kD.jpg
tBp13kD.jpg
tBp13kD.jpg

Oct 28, 2017

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Hangman goes for the Buckshot on Cole

Fish interferes and throws salt in Hangman's eyes

Cole rolls up Hangman to win the belt

Hangman is staggering to the back when out comes Cody to help him

Fish gets on the mic and challenges Cody to a match with Cole right then and there

Hangman gives Cody the green light and Cody makes his way to the ring

Big boot, big leg, 1-2-3 Cody is the new champ!

Cody takes big platinum to Japan and calls the belt a "toy"

1e0f2-16441613920308-1920.jpg

How to curse a PPV brought to you by Danhausen and HH

ReadyorNot

Jan 6, 2018
Damn, even the buy in show got me pumped.

This show is looking like it could be one of the best wrestling shows of the year on paper and I'm saying this shit in March.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Thank You. I like that better, I just wasn't sure if they booked them that way.
I think TK has commented that he views DON and All Out as their two biggest shows of the year. I would say All Out is generally booked the strongest and honestly except for the first DON which was bigger than either the first Full Gear or Revolution (and even the first All Out), DON has been a bit weaker despite their intentions.

Of the past two years I'd argue that in terms of booking All Out is their biggest show, followed by Full Gear, then DON and then Revolution. I do think a big part of what has made DON feel smaller is it's been held at Daily's Place more than any other AEW PPV and aside from the two Stadium Stampede matches none of the storylines going into the last two DONs were super notable nor were really any of the matches at the last two DONs.

Not to say that the past two DONs were by any stretch of the imagination bad as I don't think AEW has done a bad PPV but I do think because of when it's held DON has generally suffered the most because of the pandemic. Particularly in retrospect. In the moment, DON 2020 was an amazing show considering the state of the world but in 2022 that show is kind of a slog to go back to in a way that most other AEW PPVs aren't (same goes for DON '21).

So I'm excited to see DON back in Vegas as it'll truly feel like a big show again. I'm expecting big things happening both leading to and at DON 2022.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Hangman goes for the Buckshot on Cole

Fish interferes and throws salt in Hangman's eyes

Cole rolls up Hangman to win the belt

Hangman is staggering to the back when out comes Cody to help him

Fish gets on the mic and challenges Cody to a match with Cole right then and there

Hangman gives Cody the green light and Cody makes his way to the ring

Big boot, big leg, 1-2-3 Cody is the new champ!

Cody takes big platinum to Japan and calls the belt a "toy"

1e0f2-16441613920308-1920.jpg

How to curse a PPV brought to you by Danhausen and HH
Cody with the AEW title in Japan:
diesel-osw.gif

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
is jeff hardy still on the 90 day no compete? Havent been hearing much about him potentially showing up at revolution. He is coming for sure at some point though

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will be at rampage and revolution live for some friends, we drive up in 6 hours. Can't wait for work to end in 3 hours and for the fun to begin.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Been kinda "meh" on AEW as of late, but the show last night was strong and this card looks to be pretty good.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction time!
  • AEW World Championship: "Hangman" Adam Page (-500) vs. Adam Cole - Hangman, only person taking the strap off of Hangman is MJF
  • AEW Women's World Championship: Dr. Britt Baker (+200) vs. Thunder Rosa - Going with Rosa. Its time.
  • AEW World Tag Team Championships: Jurassic Express vs. reDRagon vs. Young Bucks - reDRagon wins, further division with the Elite
  • Face of the Revolution Ladder Match: Keith Lee vs. Wardlow vs. Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Ricky Starks vs. Orange Cassidy vs. TBD - Keith Lee
  • TBS Championship: Jade Cargill vs. Tay Conti - Jade
  • CM Punk (-325) vs. MJF - Punk gets his win back
  • Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson - Moxley, but only after Danielson ups the violence
  • Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Kingston - Kingston, with help from Santana and Ortiz
  • Darby Allin, Sting and Sammy Guevara vs. AHFO - Sting, Guevara, Allin, Hardy deletes the HFO
  • HOOK vs. QT Marshall Hook
  • Kris Statlander vs. Leyla Hirsch Hirsch

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
May you be witness to all the 5-star matches of the beyond, Sinatar.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

Got a whole lot of wrestling with only one of the matches not really having much of a build (Jade vs Tay). I think Punk vs MJF could be a MOTY contender as well as Mox vs Danielson.

And this would be a great time to finally put Leyla with Team Taz.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Unbelievably stacked card. Pretty excited for all the women's matches (3 if you include the buy-in!), Page/Cole, and Kingston/Jericho. Probably the most hyped for Danielson/Moxley - gonna be violent for sure. Also, curious if there's any fallout with them joining together after the match and whatnot but that'll probably have to wait for the next Dynamite.

Only match I'm a bit sour on is the tag title match. I get that the Bucks are there but ReDRagon is just so meh for me. They've been a wet fart since they joined and you have a stacked tag division that you basically ignored. Gross.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
First AEW PPV where I'm not feeling any excitement. I've no doubt most of the matches will be fantastic as per previous PPVs but outside Punk and MJF there's no good stories to get invested in. Take the main event, I know it's gonna be great, but there seems to have been no build - add in Cole acting a dork on BTE and you've got a match better suited to a Dynamite or Rampage.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
hype for tonight's rampage. hope they treat it like a proper go-home show.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Unbelievably stacked card. Pretty excited for all the women's matches (3 if you include the buy-in!), Page/Cole, and Kingston/Jericho. Probably the most hyped for Danielson/Moxley - gonna be violent for sure. Also, curious if there's any fallout with them joining together after the match and whatnot but that'll probably have to wait for the next Dynamite.

Only match I'm a bit sour on is the tag title match. I get that the Bucks are there but ReDRagon is just so meh for me. They've been a wet fart since they joined and you have a stacked tag division that you basically ignored. Gross.
Kyle O'Reilly is solid but he should be a singles guy, ReDragon is not a good team. It does feel like since the Bucks lost the titles the tag division has really been deemphasized. Lucha Bros had a disappointing run and Jurassic Express has been about as expected: a solid but not amazing team having solid but not amazing matches. Problem is their tag division is so stacked that putting the belts on a FINE team is such a waste. Still, the triple threat Sunday should be good so there's that.
First AEW PPV where I'm not feeling any excitement. I've no doubt most of the matches will be fantastic as per previous PPVs but outside Punk and MJF there's no good stories to get invested in. Take the main event, I know it's gonna be great, but there seems to have been no build - add in Cole acting a dork on BTE and you've got a match better suited to a Dynamite or Rampage.
I think I'm a bit more positive but agree for the most part. Punk vs MJF is an incredible story but it's also the only one going into this PPV that has any real heat behind it. Which isn't even to say I think most of the other stories are bad but many of them are in a spinning wheels spot. We'll get good story progression at Revolution and the Revolution fallout Dynamite but yeah, a lot of the story builds to the PPV have been very underwhelming. Probably all of the matches except for the TBS title match (sorry, they've been booking Jade pretty well more recently by keeping her matches short but they're going to want this one to be longer since it's a PPV match and she's way too green for that so there's no way it's going to be good) will be at least great but most of the builds have been underwhelming.

They've really been fucking up Hangman in terms of how he's been booked. From the moment he won the title its felt like they just don't know what to do with him which has resulted in some really weird stuff. Even the feud with Danielson, those matches were phenomenal but that feud was built on the foundation of the heel Danielson calling out Hangman for not being a fighting champion while Danielson was wrestling every week. And he was right as Hangman didn't do shit until his matches with Danielson. Somehow Danielson was supposed to be the jerk there even though he was right. What?! lol. That's such a bizarre backwards way to book a babyface. Then the feud with Archer was abrupt and messy and this feud with Cole, Hangman has been booked too strong so no one believes Cole stands a chance of winning. All of Hangman's matches since winning the title have been great because Hangman is a great wrestler and he has a lot of charisma along with being a solid promo but he's been booked so weirdly. The angle at the end of Dynamite is probably the best angle they've done with him since winning the title but even then it made no sense as to why the rest of the Dark Order didn't come out to make the save? AEW is usually good about covering all of their bases when it comes to that stuff but the fact that the rest of Dark Order wasn't coming out wasn't even acknowledged.

Last edited: