• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrPressStart

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a long time wrestling fan who is fed up with the WWE games of late, I would love to see an AEW game. I love almost everything they have going now and a throwback game in the vein of wcw/nwo revenge would be an instant purchase.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny should get his friend Toby Fox on it

kennys-quest.jpg

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Cody and the Bucks have talked about some conversations with devs happening already, but nothing set in stone. id imagine something is already in dev, but id also imagine they're waiting for AEW to be a bit older.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They need to get bigger before something like this would financially make sense.
But we really need a good wrestling game

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
They need to get bigger before something like this would financially make sense.

No need to wait if it's a digital-only indie title and/or PC only.
Especially as it's almost guaranteed to be something of a throwback instead of trying to be a super shiny next-gen graphics extravaganza.
I assumed they would just release some sort of official DLC for Fire Pro World as their first foray into gaming.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017
It's been heavily, heavily teased by Omega/Cody/The Bucks that a game is currently in early development, and that it's using the AKI engine. Omega even implied that they got some of the original AKI developers to work on it.

I'm very curious to know if SynSophia is doing it, or if they licensed the engine to another dev or what.

May 10, 2019
I keep wishing that RGG Studios announces a dedicated pro wrestling game. With how much NJPW fan service Nagoshi puts in the recent Yakuza games they could make an amazing one.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
I have no doubts a game is in the works. I see a few possibilities.

1. They mangaged to get SynSophia to make "the game that was hinted at" WCW/NWO type game. This is doubtful in my mind.

2. Yukes. I know, but hear me out. Yukes wanted to branch out and make a better WWE game and WWE said no. So Yukes started working on thier own wrestling game, 2k got pissed and dumped them. There are pics from way back in august I believe that look like MJF being head scanned for a video game. Just based on the timeline Yukes seem like they would be far enough along to do this.

3. Indie devs and modders. Or some other combination of all the old wrestling devs from EA, 2K, Syn, etc.

as for the type of game I think it could be from most to least likely.
1. N64 WCW/NWO style. They have heavily hinted that they love these games and want it in this style
2. WWE All Stars style. If they go with Yukes, the over the top, combo heavy style of that game was really fun. I think with the characters AEW has they could really push it and have a lot of fun.
3. Mobile game. Isn't that what SynSophia mostly does now?
4. Mid 90's SNES style or Fire Pro style
5. WWE2K style. If they go this route it will be heavily moddified or else it will be DOA

Last edited:

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're all gamers — Kenny especially. I have faith in it.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, we're all looking for that AKI style game, so much so that Kenny has acknowledged it and said he'd like to get those devs on board to make it. Honestly an arcade type wrestling game would be the perfect counter to WWE's slow and boring simulation style games. I legit think they could do really well if they put that kind of game out.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I can definitely see them putting something out eventually but as of now it seems like it's way too soon.

And yeah, it would 100% be an AKI-style game.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Until AEW does something on their own, always good ole Fire Pro Wrestling World.

Where fans have already made most of the AEW roster.

I have no doubts a game is in the works. I see a few possibilities.

4. Mid 90's SNES style or Fire Pro style

I wouldn't be surprised if RetroMania Wrestling added AEW to their game, either as DLC or in a sequel should that game be a success with it's NWA and House of Hardcore roster.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They said at a Q&A to expect news at the end of 2019, so I guess that fell through

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man, just give me something like the old Smackdown games. Doesn't even need commentary. throw in some generic music like HCTP or some repetitive catchphrases like in SYM.

Doesnt need to emulate the TV show or be a sim. Even WWE All Stars was so refreshing.

The roster is the only real issue, but it wouldn't even matter considering how absolute bad WWE games are

TKG

Apr 26, 2018
Istanbul, Turkey
I wouldn't play an AEW wrestling game but hopefully, it will create a competition for WWE 2K and maybe 2K will fix itself and the series.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I would definitely play a good AEW wrestling game, the genre has been shit for so long.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
AEW is on the market for a year. Developing a game takes more time.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can you make Orange Cassidy and not have him be OP as fuck?

Cursed game and it's not even out yet.

However, the thought of doing coffin drops all fucking day is one I am very fond of. Let's go!