• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine if this led to Eddie beating the holy hell out of Sammy.

And I think we might be getting another women's tag team tournament soon. Just gotta find someone for Ruby to team up with and bring in Yuka & Riho to win the entire thing.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
I mean, Eddie made Jericho tap on PPV, and he had him dead to rights on top of the cage at Blood and Guts.

Jericho just won the Anarchy in the Arena match and this one.

I wanted Eddie to win that match, too, but always figured Jericho winning was a possibility.

Really enjoyed this Dynamite despite the sloppy post-match to the main event. Not sure what the heck that was between Sammy, Eddie, and Jericho. LOL. The padlock spot had me laughing, but yeah, they really gotta nail those spots and rehearse them or something in the future.
But it feels like an eternity since Eddie won that match. That was Eddie's peak and since then Jericho was always one step ahead of Eddie or lucky. Unfortunately for me, I also reached a point where I don't want to see more matches between them. So either they continue and I begrudgingly watch or the feud is over which would mean Eddie lost the feud and that would also suck.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
I'd be fine if this led to Eddie beating the holy hell out of Sammy.

And I think we might be getting another women's tag team tournament soon. Just gotta find someone for Ruby to team up with and bring in Yuka & Riho to win the entire thing.
Eddie and Soho Vs Sammy and Tay. But Eddie and Soho won't win because Anna helps Tay win the match.

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Just finished the show. Overall it was ok but two things stood out I didn't like. Didn't like luchasaurus maybe turning face again. This recent heel run is the most I've ever cared about him and if he just goes back to how he was before I'll be disapointed. The other is the main event being really short and completely overbooked. Eddie should have won too.

Hakimy

Nov 9, 2017
I actually thought Jericho would win this match cus he lost to Eddie the first time , he lost the blood and guts match and was almost going to tap to Eddie but Eddie is the one who can't let Jericho out of his mind so i couldn't imagine Jericho losing for the third time so it turned out just like i have expected.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
I actually thought Jericho would win this match cus he lost to Eddie the first time , he lost the blood and guts match and was almost going to tap to Eddie but Eddie is the one who can't let Jericho out of his mind so i couldn't imagine Jericho losing for the third time so it turned out just like i have expected.
By my count Jericho is like 6-2 since his match with Eddie at Revolution and is now 4-1 since Revolution in all matches (including tags and stable battles) with him on one side and Eddie on the other. He's also defeated Santana and Ortiz each in singles competition in that time. This isn't an example of Chris just getting his win back.

I'm hoping this is all part of TK trying to build Eddie up into a sympathetic face challenger against a heel Punk or something Mick Foley style as one of the next big long-term stories. That being said, even Foley won a feud once in awhile.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Lashes.541

Dec 18, 2017
Roseburg Oregon
Yeah so to the dude that posted the barbed wire is fake this morning:

It's not. And I wish it was. 😬
Well some of it was lol, this is the most real barbwire they have used. The box Jericho was throw into at the end was fake, the spikes were super long and to close together, but the wire on the tables were legit, I think they snipped the points a bit but real enough hence Eddie's back, and Jericho ripping his ring gear.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Brody vs Darby was my MOTN. Brody looked like a monster and scored a big win. Black misting Sting! Cool Miro!
- Best Friends vs BCC was good. I like how heated it got. Regal delightful on commentary.
- Swerve in our Glory celebration was fun. Butch!
- Hard to care about the Blondes when they never win on TV. Jungle Boy! Christian/Luchasaurus partnership over in record time. What a waste of a storyline.
- Karter vs Ricky (c) was solid. Probably should have shown it on Dark instead. Danhausen!
- Dax speaking from the heart. Glad his daughter is OK.
- Jade & Kiera vs Athena & Willow was good. Stokely afraid of getting his head slapped. If Stat goes after Rosa instead, Athena should beat Jade soon.
- Tony getting closer to pronouncing Yamashita right. Allison Kay would be a nice signing for ROH.
- Jericho vs Kingston was solid until the rough ending. Barbed wire microphone and ring bell lol. How did Sammy & Tay avoid the shark cage? Anna doing what's best for her career. Missed opportunity to have Sammy in the Shark costume. No sell from the cage door lol.

Last edited:

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Just catching up on the show this morning and got to this part and they hit nearly all the notes:

"We love tag wrestling"
"I'm doing it for my family"

Only thing missing was a Bret nod but maybe they snuck one in and I didn't realise 😂

If you didn't get a lump in your throat during that Dax promo, though, I don't know what to tell ya.

"I'm going to fight like an 8-year-old girl" is such a great, heart-warming babyface line.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you didn't get a lump in your throat during that Dax promo, though, I don't know what to tell ya.

"I'm going to fight like an 8-year-old girl" is such a great, heart-warming babyface line.
That was a nice line, I'm not gonna lie, but it still boiled down to the same old "I love my family" which I personally don't find compelling at all.

Being a good dad/family person is one of the blandest and boring characters I could imagine.

Oct 27, 2017
Riho, Stat, Ruby was a short lived but enjoyable trios. Could pair any two of them with Ruby and people would be with it. What's Mizuki doing these days? Maybe Yuka could team with her in a tournament since AEW like to work with their partners anyway and it'd be a cool way to introduce the AEW audience to Riho's senpai/sister.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
just watched the end. so flat after a hype show. botching these endings has really hurt the shows. and they gotta get our boy eddie some Ws, damn. there's a fine-line between sympathetic underdog and loser and tony's treading a bit too far into the latter direction. unless this wasn't the blow-off, which wouldn't make sense because where do you even go after that. months of feuding and having the heel win never goes over well.

perhaps this is eddie's ceiling and that would be a shame. you book him like foley and you got a golden goose babyface on your hands. will be interesting to see where they go from here.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I need to go back and watch the show on TV, but in the arena it was pretty great. I did not expect Jermaine Dupri to walk past us, but here we are. I wanted Eddie to win, but I got to see a barbed wire match so I'm happy.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I need to go back and watch the show on TV, but in the arena it was pretty great. I did not expect Jermaine Dupri to walk past us, but here we are. I wanted Eddie to win, but I got to see a barbed wire match so I'm happy.

You guys sounded great on TV. It was a really fun show to watch outside of some unfortunate main event happenings that came across poorly on TV.

How was Rampage? If you can speak on it without spoiling any results.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Fun show, though I was a bit underwhelmed by the Main Event. I think I probably was too hyped, but I would've rather have this feud ended with Blood and Guts because that rocked.

Also I introduced someone who's really new to wrestling with last night Dynamite. She really liked it!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Fun show, though I was a bit underwhelmed by the Main Event. I think I probably was too hyped, but I would've rather have this feud ended with Blood and Guts because that rocked.

Also I introduced someone who's really new to wrestling with last night Dynamite. She really liked it!

That's cool about introducing someone new to the show. AEW's pretty rad, and I can't imagine watching that opener last night and not being intrigued or captivated by the utter massacre that took place. Lots of fun stuff last night.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Just finished watching this.

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Laughably bad main-event, but I enjoyed it for the laughter. These two have been feuding for 7/8 months and someone feels like there's more to tell here. A big reason why it doesn't work for me is because I don't care about JAS or anything Jericho does at this point.

mookie1515

Oct 25, 2017
If I were Eddie I would stay far away from any TK produced barbed wire/explosion related events. My man keeps getting screwed by overbooking.

That being said, it'll take a lot, and I mean A LOT for Eddie to lose his shine. Just... get him in any feud other than Jericho. Maybe heat him up against Claudio once he has the ROH World Title or something, just no more Jericho please.

Laughably bad main-event, but I enjoyed it for the laughter. These two have been feuding for 7/8 months and someone feels like there's more to tell here. A big reason why it doesn't work for me is because I don't care about JAS or anything Jericho does at this point.

Matt Menard and Angelo Parker are keeping that stable afloat with manic coked out energy!

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
It absolutely is not over.

Maybe not but the way it was presented it looked over. I guess Luchasaurus could be torn between Jungle Boy & Christian or Jungle Boy is slowly seduced to the dark side which doesn't really interest me. Just seems like it's being rushed to do Jungle Boy vs Christian at All Out or TK was trying to avoid Luchasaurus squashing anyone valuable and he couldn't keep destroying jobbers.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Show was probably an 8/10 for me. The ending the main event sucked but I liked the match, in general. They nailed most of the barbed wire and table spots.

Women's match was good, Ricky appearance was good, Brody/Darby was wild, and the Swerve/Lee party was well-done.

Was pretty bummed that Stat got left out of the women's match. What actually happened with Leila Grey? Did she get hurt?

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
feels like AEW does have a bad habit especially lately of letting feuds and angles really drag out (particularly involving Jericho it seems). It feels like the blowoff to the Jericho/Eddie thing should have happened already and the heat of this feud is really starting to wane. I know these types of angels are often a way to keep multiple people involved with limited tv time but its these faction on faction brawls breaking out is kinda getting old.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe not but the way it was presented it looked over. I guess Luchasaurus could be torn between Jungle Boy & Christian or Jungle Boy is slowly seduced to the dark side which doesn't really interest me. Just seems like it's being rushed to do Jungle Boy vs Christian at All Out or TK was trying to avoid Luchasaurus squashing anyone valuable and he couldn't keep destroying jobbers.
I'm not so invested in the angle so I'm happy to see wherever it goes, but man I was looking forward to Luchasaurus DARK VS Jungle Boy. He could have redeemed him through the medium of DDTs!

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
If they don't have any plans for Hanger they need to make him the main Rampage guy. Just reliable bangers every Rampage is a good start to boosting the ratings.