• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I dont know why Jericho needed to win this. The Judas Effect wasnt sold for long though lol

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Wish Eddie won but it was a bunch of fuckery so whatever. Eddie has gotten the best of Jericho at every turn head to head

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
That was as bad as all the other fuck matches from this Eddie vs Jericho feud

Only the first singles match was good is my hottest of takes

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

also ngl, it doesn't happen often but the continuing (and rightful) critique on AEW's booking/women's division made me not enjoy today as much.

Kept thinking "hmm, was this match really needed." ah well. least the duos women match was quite nice.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Years ago younger me would be absolutely distraught seeing Jericho get shredded with barbed wire. Now knowing he's a shithead I'm loving it.

Remember kids never meet your heroes.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
The result of the main event is the exact reason I wasn't hyped for this match at all. I feared they would do this. Terrible main event, but I like the Anna heel turn.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Great Dynamite. Deathmatch was good until the end. If Eddie wasn't going to win, he needed to do more than just toss him into more barbed wire.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
At least the Omega/Mox barbed wire match had a lame finish because of an accident. This was meant to happen.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And think of how much more time they would've had if they cut the damn Varsity Blondes or Starks vs the NXT jobber matches.

TK needs an assistant to help him book and plan these shows out for time better.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Eddie should've just taken Flloyd and wacked Jericho with it for every member of BCC, Santana, Ortiz, and Ruby. And then tossed him into the web.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
From now on, anytime AEW puts on a match with someone locked in a cage, they need to have Robocop on standby.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
The match should have ended with Eddie beating down the JAS with a barbed wire bat if he was going to lose. Eddie throwing Jericho into that barbed wire pit wasn't even that visually impressive since we see so much crazy stuff on this show.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
AEW fits way to much on Dynamite, I knew the main event would be rushed with it having less than 15 minutes plus a commercial break.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised to see so many down on the match. I expected dumb bullshit. I got dumb bullshit. Eddie starting the match with the mic had me marking out. Padlock botch had me howling. My biggest complaint was that they didn't use the shark. Still, glad there was plenty to distract from the pure violence.

So happy Anna is back heel too. Yes I get the DO implications, but she's way better as a heel. And we're probably getting more Tay-Jay matches! They're definitely building a proper women's tag division.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho won a feud?!?

Next time she refs a barbed wire match, Aubrey needs to bring some pliers and wire cutters.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
That ending sucked. Everyone is sick of Sammy so what do we get? Sammy pushed on us and forced into the ending. I also don't get why Jericho needed to win this one after they won the PPV. Now this whole feud is going to keep going, apparently. Even the Anna Jay turn is weird as hell and makes it awkward if the rest of Dark Order isn't turning. And then Jericho going into the pit after the match did very little to make Eddie look better.

Jan 31, 2018
Super flat ending, it actually left me bummed out. Tony just doesn't learn to not prolong feuds and this match was the perfect end, but no, you have Sammy with no heat appearing and just a misly Judas effect and Jericho wins. FUcking awful. The show was excellent too! Why the fuck do you overbook it?

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Please tell me the feud is over.

Getting tired seeing a pissed off Eddie just not winning his matches.

And I need Sammy and Tay to go, instant disinterest as soon they come on tv.

What was the whole point locking JAS in a cage without Sammy and Tay? Geezus Tony, get your storyline straight.

Ahhhh, gonna watch some G1 to cleanse this shit off of me.

kamen_tater

Oct 27, 2017
They should lampshade the lock. Make oversized, obviously fake padlocks with a simple locking mechanism like the one in handcuffs. The key is big enough to be used as a weapon.

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Had a blast watching Dynamite tonight. Thought it was a good show. Won't post my review of it tonight. Maybe tomorrow in the general AEW thread.

My MOTN was Brody vs Darby. That match ruled

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, Eddie made Jericho tap on PPV, and he had him dead to rights on top of the cage at Blood and Guts.

Jericho just won the Anarchy in the Arena match and this one.

I wanted Eddie to win that match, too, but always figured Jericho winning was a possibility.

Really enjoyed this Dynamite despite the sloppy post-match to the main event. Not sure what the heck that was between Sammy, Eddie, and Jericho. LOL. The padlock spot had me laughing, but yeah, they really gotta nail those spots and rehearse them or something in the future.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think I owe an apology to Cody. Because even though he wore his welcome out with me, at least he never had so much "go away" heat that makes me want to change the channel.

Dynamite was still pretty good overall, but someone please reel in TK's booking.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So many great things on this show.

-Brody ragdolling Darby. Jesus, what a match.
-Sting/Malakai staredown.
-Miro!
-Christian getting the pin after doing no work. LOL.
-Jungle Boy return!
-Dax promo that got me teary eyed.
-Ricky Starks and Danhausen setup.
-Jade and Athena being good as fuuuuuck, and Willow and Keira killing it, too!
-Dark Order/Butcher/Blade/Hangman segment.
-Wheeler Yuta fighting his old friends!
-Sw3rve and Keith Lee celebration!
-Hot commentary, especially in the first hour. (JR gave a mostly good showing)
-Visual of the shark cage, Justin's mic, the ringbell, etc.
-Eddie smiling during his entrance.

A lot of the show felt refreshing, and the first half of the main event was very good. Key botch was unfortunate, and the post-match was uuuugly with whatever Sammy/Jericho/Eddie were supposed to do there. It's clear people are tired of Sammy.

Oh, and don't like Britt burying Rosa's promos.