• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It was a squash match to make Athena be a threat to Jade.

And maybe setup an AEW Women's Tag Title scene.

Not a great match, but I get why it was there.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
They could've at least had Jade beat down Kris and Kiera beat down Athena. Either way that was a bad post match beatdown.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good god TK, when WWE is having longer women's matches than you, you know you're doing a large disservice to the AEW women. That wasn't even 5 minutes

On one hand: Asuka alone is eclipsing the entire AEW women's division (but i mean, Asuka's super great so)

on the other: I watched Indi Hartwell vs. Lash Legend this week

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gresham vs. Moriarty was really damn good. Moriarty is excellent at this. A workhorse and star for years to come. Just special watching that man work, and Gresham played his part well as a tactical heel. Loved so much about that match with every move feeling like it meant something.

Claudio vs. Gresham is such an interesting matchup. I could even see Claudio winning it! Gresh has defended the ROH title quite a few times already outside of AEW TV.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Stat and Athena walked to that ring like total bosses and steamrolled their competition. I dug it, but yeah, they got taken out a bit too easily in the post-match.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell was that match? Rush bumps into Bryce, he looks dead at him, and acts like he didn't see anything.

And fucking hell, Fenix seems to be injured again.

I'm not gonna lie, Rampage is starting to lose it's "must-see" appeal to me. I know a lot of it is due to all of the injuries, but it's starting to feel like an extended episode of Dark imo. I'll still watch it, but I just haven't been digging it much as of late.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell was that match? Rush bumps into Bryce, he looks dead at him, and acts like he didn't see anything.

And fucking hell, Fenix seems to be injured again.

I'm not gonna lie, Rampage is starting to lose it's "must-see" appeal to me. I know a lot of it is due to all of the injuries, but it's starting to feel like an extended episode of Dark imo. I'll still watch it, but I just haven't been digging it much as of late.
This one felt particularly bad. Just a bunch of random tag matches, an awful womens match, and a solid Gresham/Lee match that made way for Claudio.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Rampages are... interesting

I've always- even at it's peak- felt it's all auxiliary. It's a extra hour of television filmed after the main show, and it shows: crowds gotta be sweetened, and even then reactions can be outright bleh, and booking has been inconsistent since it's inception imo.

So eh, it's good background watching at worst, and at best you get insane quality that can dwarf a dynamite even.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Decent main event, but I preferred the opening tag match. Definitely one of the more inconsequential Rampages in a minute, but I still largely enjoyed it.

Gresham vs. Moriarty was very, very good.
HOB and Silver and Reynolds smacked the hell out of each other.
Got to see Kris and Athena look totally dominant.
Miro!
Christopher Daniels maybe showing up in ROH in the future?
Isaiah Kassidy popped me numerous times with his antics.
The Acclaimed as babyfaces are going to go places. And soon.

Not gonna speculate on any potential injury to Fenix. The limping looked quite real, though, so we'll see soon enough.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Rampages are... interesting

I've always- even at it's peak- felt it's all auxiliary. It's a extra hour of television filmed after the main show, and it shows: crowds gotta be sweetened, and even then reactions can be outright bleh, and booking has been inconsistent since it's inception imo.

So eh, it's good background watching at worst, and at best you get insane quality that can dwarf a dynamite even.
I find a lot of Rampages to be really solid hours of great wrestling. Tonight though, extremely meh. Definitely a throwaway episode. Although Gresham vs Moriarty was very good.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I find a lot of Rampages to be really solid hours of great wrestling. Tonight though, extremely meh. Definitely a throwaway episode. Although Gresham vs Moriarty was very good.

It's one-hour duration makes for some stupid good pacing, so throwaway eps pretty much go by in a snap at least

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
Some fun stuff in that Rampage, plus some wonky stuff too

Kings of the Black Throne vs John Silver & Alex Reynolds - ***1/2
- Great match
- My MOTN
- Silver & Reynolds are a great team and I hope they'll be used more
- Lots of fun sequences in this match

- Liked the angle with Darby/Sting & House of Black
- Miro is hiding his eye. Interested to see what happens. A feud between Miro & Malakai is money. Or maybe he joins the House of Black?

ROH World Championship: Jonathan Gresham © vs Lee Moriarty - ***
- Good match
- I've been impressed each time I've seen Gresham
- Gresham vs Claudio will be great. Wonder if they'll take the belt off Gresham?

- The Athena & Kris Statlander squash was quick but fun
- The beat down after the match not so much. Need a direction for this feud fast

- Looks like Stokley might be recruiting more people to his stable. Lee Moriarty will benefit greatly from him.
- Looking forward to Dante vs Lee next week

- Loved everything about the Gunn Club/Acclaimed segment.
- Acclaimed are one of the most popular acts in AEW right now and this will only help them get more over
- The Gunn Club will also benefit from this. Great little feud

Private Party vs Lucha Bros - **1/2
- Messy but average match
- Some miscommunication and botches brought this down
- Hope Fenix isn't injured again. Dude can't catch a break
- Weird ending with Rush. Maybe an audible was called?

Show Rating: C+
Two good to great matches. A fun Acclaimed/Gunn Club segment as well. Some messy things as well. Slightly above average show but completely unimportant.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Some fun stuff in that Rampage, plus some wonky stuff too

Kings of the Black Throne vs John Silver & Alex Reynolds - ***1/2
- Great match
- My MOTN
- Silver & Reynolds are a great team and I hope they'll be used more
- Lots of fun sequences in this match

- Liked the angle with Darby/Sting & House of Black
- Miro is hiding his eye. Interested to see what happens. A feud between Miro & Malakai is money. Or maybe he joins the House of Black?

ROH World Championship: Jonathan Gresham © vs Lee Moriarty - ***
- Good match
- I've been impressed each time I've seen Gresham
- Gresham vs Claudio will be great. Wonder if they'll take the belt off Gresham?

- The Athena & Kris Statlander squash was quick but fun
- The beat down after the match not so much. Need a direction for this feud fast

- Looks like Stokley might be recruiting more people to his stable. Lee Moriarty will benefit greatly from him.
- Looking forward to Dante vs Lee next week

- Loved everything about the Gunn Club/Acclaimed segment.
- Acclaimed are one of the most popular acts in AEW right now and this will only help them get more over
- The Gunn Club will also benefit from this. Great little feud

Private Party vs Lucha Bros - **1/2
- Messy but average match
- Some miscommunication and botches brought this down
- Hope Fenix isn't injured again. Dude can't catch a break
- Weird ending with Rush. Maybe an audible was called?

Show Rating: C+
Two good to great matches. A fun Acclaimed/Gunn Club segment as well. Some messy things as well. Slightly above average show but completely unimportant.

A fair rating. I'd say the below-expectations main and the weak post-match to Athena/Stat put this one down a bit. Otherwise, I REALLY enjoyed the opening tag match and the post-match staredown between Malakai and Sting, and Lee vs. Gresham.

Definitely looking forward to ROH getting their own TV soon, though.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up on Rampage this morning and I was dying at Jericho referring to himself and the painmaker as "we" like the fucking Venom symbiote lmao

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Dark Order vs HOB was good. Darby and a Sting/Black staredown! Conflicted Miro.
- Moriarty vs Gresham (c) was my MOTN. Top notch selling from both. Cage back on TV. Claudio! Death Before Dishonor looking stacked.
- Renegades vs Statlander & Athena was a fun squash.
- Acclaimed as babyfaces should be interesting.
- Private Party vs Lucha Bros was solid. Not used to Quen without colored hair.

Fyter Fest Week 2 Dynamite Card

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
FYFlivjXEAEzcHk

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'll take a six-woman tag match. That should be a good one.

But they could've cut that Blondes match in favor of something like Thunderstorm vs Britt & Hayter.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
whoa, Christian actually wrasslin this week, sweet

give that 6-woman tag match some goddamn time pls

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
That's a pretty great card. Not feeling the Christian/Varsity Blonds beef as it seemed just like an excuse to have Christian comments on Brian's dad. I guess they could redeem this match/segment if Jungle Boy shows up but we'll see.

Hoping Leila Grey makes a good showing as its a good sign that women from Dark/Elevation are starting to get more opportunities on TV (Marina Shafir being the other recent one). I know the results with Shafir have been mixed but they'll never find other talent if they don't give them a chance.

Also, Willow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!