• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Is this a real sincere tweet? I thought this was very clearly him making a "zero" with his hand after Jericho asked how many barbed wire matches Eddie has won. I'd be happy to be proved wrong if there's other times it happened but this seems like an unnecessary reach.

View: https://streamable.com/j0mflo

Man some people are just desperate for any kind of controversy and outrage.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
- Cassidy vs Wardlow (c) was good. Managers licenses to cheat lol.
- Strong Jericho & Kingston promos to sell the barbed wire match.
- Takeshita vs Mox was great. Didn't expect blood.
- One of the better House of Black promos. Hangman & Dark Order should be fun opponents.
- Christian lol. Nice to see Griff get a match even if it was a squash. Excited for Garcia vs Yuta.
- Hager vs Claudio was good.
- Give me Hook vs Wardlow please. Tony butchered Yamashita's name :( Sandbag lol.
- Deeb vs Jay was good.
- Wu-Tang is for the children lol. TayJay is over unless Anna joins JAS.
- Tag Triple Threat was my MOTN. Obligatory nut shot. Shock result! I expected Swerve to turn on Lee.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
If you were to remove the 50+ viewers from every wrestling show, WWE and AEW would be almost on level pegging in total viewers. WWE seems so much more popular but when you look at the breakdown it really isn't that different outside of the olds.

Which is funny since WWE is trying their hardest to attract the young viewers. They will try anything other than having actual storylines that make sense and good wrestling.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I don't get those people at all. WWE is unwatchable for me precisely because of their presentation and garish lighting. It's like they use the same lighting they shined on Sweet Dee in Always Sunny, but all the time. It just adds to the whole impersonal and fake presentation the main roster suffers from.

But people like that, even if the product itself is subpar or outright bad. Speaking of Sunny, and that episode, funny enough, the gang goes to another bar full of bright, fake colors and pre-set, formulaic "please clap" moments. The gang eventually gets sucked in to the atmosphere of the bar because they're just used to it after staying for a while. The gang's bar was seen too low-rent. This is, of course, an actual commentary on Sunny itself not getting awards; instead mostly going to those bright, flashy sitcoms. Because people respond to Big Bang Theory much, much, much more positively than something like It's Always Sunny.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Card for tonight's Rampage

FXu8ho1UcAEAOL1

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Really liked the opening match. All four of those guys are SO damn good. Loved seeing Silver and Reynolds hit their combo offense on the massive Brody King. Dante's Inferno looks like absolute DEATH. Kings of the Black Throne just need regular TV time and regular matches, and they could be legit incredible in AEW. As always, it's an issue of TV time and Tony Khan's priorities, though.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'd prefer if they have the RoH stuff as a YouTube only show to replace Dark on Tuesdays until they can get on TV. Them shoehorning these matches onto Rampage and Dynamite just isn't working.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Big week of wrasslin' next week! Fyter Fest Week 2 on Wednesday and Friday, Death Before Dishonor on Saturday, and Terminus 3 on Thursday with Gresham vs Takeshita.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nice to see Miro. Excellent lighting hiding his left eye there, too. House of Black could be a really cool faction if they toned down the cryptic language a bit. They've been better since Julia's come on board, tbh.

Lee and Gresham now off to a hot start. Man, Lee Moriarty is GOOOOOOOD.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Thank goodness I avoided spoilers. I have a feeling Tully Blanchard Enterprises are gonna be in a feud with BCC in the next couple of months.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Statlander absolutely needs to be to one taking that TBS title. She's deserved it for a long ass time.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Claudio vs Gresham would get some buys.

Claudio was supposed to be the big surprise at ROH PPV. However with Danielson injured, it was pitched for Claudio to join BCC. I think TBE and BCC will be feuding each other cuz of the Gresham turn and makes it more enticing to see a perhaps future Gresham vs. Danielson match.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Good god TK, when WWE is having longer women's matches than you, you know you're doing a large disservice to the AEW women. That wasn't even 5 minutes