• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
All aboard the Jungle Boy and Jurassic Express train. They're building them up for something. I'm thinking it's a tag title loss to Proud and Powerful at or before Double or Nothing.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Shanna really needs to stop doing that bridging suplex as her finisher

A86O2t.gif

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Wednesday. You know what that means. 💜

Caught Dark last night before bed. Wasn't expecting to watch the whole thing, but it went by quickly. Super easy watch. Lots of good stuff from pretty much everyone. I was initially disappointed that Rickyyyyy(!) and KC didn't have a match, but the dude is so charismatic that you just can't hate on anything he's a part of.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I bet the Luchasaurus figure sells well. He's a living action figure as is!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Man I really need to up my screen brightness sometimes, it took me way too long to realise that Tony was holding a heart balloon and wasn't dressed as Iron Man.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty dumb tbh when there's tons of women's tournament matches that should be on TV. Unless it's a 2 minute squash that leads into a promo or something.

I have to imagine that's 100% what this is gonna be. Give or take a few minutes. But yeah what the heck, really weird match up haha. I'd much rather see Serpentico vs OC, as well. I've grown on Luther, but only as far as how fun he is with using Serpentico as a weapon. Not really excited to see him in a singles match, so I really gotta imagine this is a squash to lead into a Miro promo that was probably going to happen anyway.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
TK's gift to Kenny is absolutely some sort of gimmick match to ensure it's 1 on 1 against Moxley at Revolution, Kenny will be apoplectic.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty dumb tbh when there's tons of women's tournament matches that should be on TV. Unless it's a 2 minute squash that leads into a promo or something.
No question that AEW should have had more of these matches on TV, in general. Two last episode and two this episode should have been obvious. But it's probably a logistical impossibility on such short notice to do that kind of swap. As lame as the situation is.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to our lovely rolling power outages completely ruining Dynamite for us tonight. Match I'm low key excited for is FTR v Sydal Bros. Feels like it could be some good stuff.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I'm beginning to question how they plan to actually have the tournament winner vs Shida on the PPV, after this episode, there will only be 2 more episodes of Dynamite left before the PPV, and if they only do the Deeb/Riho match this week, that means you need to have 2 first round matches, then 2 quarterfinals, a semifinals match, and the match vs the Japanese women's side winner all in the span of 2 weeks, which means a lot of this either has to be on Dark or you have to have women working multiple matches a night on Dynamite, which I can't see happening. It also means that the Finals are going to basically be an afterthought, with a maybe 30 minute build instead of a 1 week build. I'm beginning to suspect that they might change things and make the tournament final the PPV match and do the Shida match on TV instead?

I understand why they are only doing 1 match this week- the return of Riho after a year is a pretty big deal and there is no reason to overshadow it and just make it one of several tournament matches on a show- but the timing on this all makes little sense. If you were going to do a bunch of this tournament on Dark, wouldn't it have made sense to have the first round, and not the quarters/semis as part of it?

I'm also not sure how florida is handeling overseas travel right now, but I would assume that if they wanted to have the finals match on TV in 2 weeks, the Japanese wrestler probably needs to already be in the country by now?

Then again, we still don't actually have a main event for the PPV which is really weird!

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Completely forgot that Bucks/Santana&Ortiz was a title match. That's probably a 20-30 minute full angle, from promos/entrances/match/the post match angle with Jericho&MJF.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a good card. But to be honest, they could have probably moved that FTR/Sydals match either to next week or Dark and put in another women's tournament match. I don't know why AEW is so insistent on having only one women's match per week.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, some of the booking seems a bit weird lately. We always find AEW desperately needs a second show to showcase all their talent and then we get Chaos Project matches or guest spots that are glorified Dark material unless they're starting an arc which they don't usually do.

I really, really love AEW but the build to Revolution 21 pales in comparison to how well they've built up matches in the past. If the Sting callout doesn't play out differently tonight than it has in the past four to six weeks, we're in trouble...

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
OC vs Luther looks like a match there primarily to set up an angle. OC vs Miro at Revolution seems likely so probably we get a Miro run down after a brief match.

Pretty much anything on TV at this point is going to build to the PPV I'd imagine. Whatever the Hardy vs Page thing ends up as, whatever FTR vs Jungle Express ends up as, OC vs Miro, women's tournament/title match, tag title match. I assume Omega vs Moxley is officially announced tonight.

It seems pretty clear what the major directions for the PPV are at this point, and we'll probably have a lot more clarity on the specifics of the card are tonight.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I would like for them to give Deeb vs. Riho at least 20 minutes because that match is going to be straight fire.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm beginning to question how they plan to actually have the tournament winner vs Shida on the PPV, after this episode, there will only be 2 more episodes of Dynamite left before the PPV, and if they only do the Deeb/Riho match this week, that means you need to have 2 first round matches, then 2 quarterfinals, a semifinals match, and the match vs the Japanese women's side winner all in the span of 2 weeks, which means a lot of this either has to be on Dark or you have to have women working multiple matches a night on Dynamite, which I can't see happening. It also means that the Finals are going to basically be an afterthought, with a maybe 30 minute build instead of a 1 week build. I'm beginning to suspect that they might change things and make the tournament final the PPV match and do the Shida match on TV instead?

I understand why they are only doing 1 match this week- the return of Riho after a year is a pretty big deal and there is no reason to overshadow it and just make it one of several tournament matches on a show- but the timing on this all makes little sense. If you were going to do a bunch of this tournament on Dark, wouldn't it have made sense to have the first round, and not the quarters/semis as part of it?

I'm also not sure how florida is handeling overseas travel right now, but I would assume that if they wanted to have the finals match on TV in 2 weeks, the Japanese wrestler probably needs to already be in the country by now?

Then again, we still don't actually have a main event for the PPV which is really weird!
They could do the next two first round matches on Dark next week, one of the semis on Dynamite, and than the other on Dark the week before the final. While that only gives them one day to market the US final, I'm not sure if that'll be a big deal.

I'd rather see two womens matches on Dynamite, but I'm presuming they aren't going to at this point.

Edit: Scratch that, I was forgetting that we still have the US vs JP final.

So... hmmn. Yeah. I guess we'd need two semis on dynamite next week, and then the US finals on Dark... which isn't ideal.

Last edited:

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I think it's probably straight forward how they're going to do it if you work backwards:

March 7- Shida vs tournament winner at Revolution
March 3- tournament finals on Dynamite
March 1- US and Japan bracket finals on YouTube
Feb 24- US semifinals on Dynamite
Feb 22- Japan semifinals on YouTube

The only matches unaccounted for are the last two US first round matches. Which could either slot on the YouTube show this Monday, since there are only two Japan matches, or they put them on Dark.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
No disrespect to Luther...but I don't see that match gaining any viewers...even with Orange Cassidy's popularity.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Deeb vs. Riho should go at least 10 minutes and should be a banger. But yeah, I'd love at least one more, though I'm assuming it would just be a Nyla squash or something.
If it wasn't for the time crunch with the tournament, i'd be fine with the Riho match being a standalone thing- it's literally her first match in 11 months almost to the date (march 18 was her last appearance) and she's probably going to be at the top of the card in the womens division with her moving here and her previous spot on the card. I'm guessing this is a 10+ minute match or a really short 2-ish minute match if they want to do an angle around something like "she's been gone and can't keep up anymore" if Deeb goes over or if they want to give as dominant a win to Riho as possible

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think OC taking on Serpentico would've been better than Luther. That at least stood a chance of being a fast-moving, energetic match.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018
The fact that it was a Valentine's themed message from TK makes me lean a pre-recorded video from Ibushi being the surprise to start teasing the match for down the road, but as someone else said, I also expect an announcement of a gimmick match for Omega/Mox 3.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

So...

Hangman and Hardy
Imagine Moxley losing to that collection of dweebs
FTR
OC
Riho

I'm not sure about the Bucks and this title thing. Someone made the point that you could do Santana and Ortiz with the titles versus Jericho and MJF and that stuck with me. You could kick Jericho out the Inner Circle at Revolution.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
There were rumors it could happen and Sammy sewed some seeds in his vlog.
I kinda expect... Bucks beat PnP, Bucks beat Jericho/MJF to set up Jericho/MJF v PnP and PnP leave IC after that match.

Edit: I also expect the Bucks to be the team that retires Daniels & Kazarian as a tag team which will most likely happen as a title shot so there's that too

Status
Not open for further replies.