• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the Adam in the email is referring to Adam Hangman Page.
yes. see, there's long-running speculation that adam cole is coming to AEW because his partner is brit baker. as such, cole coming to aew would likely involve a story beat. for example, what would appear to be a harmless email sent out to hundreds of thousands of people looking for "adam," leading to a response from an adam that the dark order wasn't expecting.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I read this as most of the Japanese side are sticking with AEW after this tournament? I wonder if they might bring them all to America eventually.
It seems like the original "pitch" of the Women's division in AEW was to use them like the Cruiserweights in the early era of WCW- bring over something that most people watching the show had never seen (Lucha in WCW, Joshi for AEW) to bring something unique to their show. Just look at what the women's division was at the start of the pandemic when travel shut down- it was Statlander, Britt, Nyla, Brandi (i guess), and Shida, and that was it! It was like the women's division out of 2004 smackdown where they had literally 5 women so each week they would find some way to pair them up. I think they have done a great job this year of getting new talent- finding Anna Jay fresh out of school, getting NWA women like Deeb and Rosa, hell, even finding a way to use someone like Rebel, who I believe was legitimatly hired just to be a makeup person and they found a good TV role for her. In a covid-free world, there would probably be 3 or 4 "regular" japanese women, like how Riho was used, and there would also a constant flow of "territory visits", similar to how Emi Sakura was used for the feud with Riho back in 2019. Like, I can't imagine Aja Kong being a regular in AEW, but brining her in to do a 2 month feud with Nyla? Sign me up! My guess is that all of these women end up having matches in an AEW ring at some point, but maybe 2 of them become "regular" characters on AEW.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
EuSuvF1XAAErBuo

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
wrestlingheadlines.com

Indie Veteran Contacts AEW About Possibly Coming In

Indie women's wrestler La Rosa Negra (Black Rose) is interested in working with AEW. Rosa recently spoke with Carlos Toro of Fightful Select and revealed

Is she someone to get excited about possibly coming in?

I've seen her a few times in Thunder Rosa's promotion. She's fine and has plenty of attitude.
Honestly though, we need that second show before we increase the women's roster. We bsrely see women like Nyla and Penelope and a few others. I guess you can add people on Dark with a short contract but unless we have more than one spot per week on TV hiring doesn't make sense, not even talking about what happens with the Japanese women and who comes over. Riho is also basically a new addition at this point.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Wow. That's one hell of a story, coming out of nowhere to start shit. What an awful person.

Yeah it caught me completely off guard. It took a lot not to go low. I wanted so badly to say well congratulations on being able to work and go to school she probably had a nice upper middle class life and had the support system in place to do both work and school. Not everyone has that and end up never breaking the generational poverty cycle. Not to mention considering who shes fucking married to she doesnt even have to work. Even after all the vile shit she spewed I still had too much respect for Jericho to put her in her place.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, unless we're cutting another men's segment or two (which I'm fine with depending on the talent), we're not getting more women's wrestling on the show, which is a shame. Just give us another one-hour show. Hell, make it a women's-only show if you have to.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
oh, pure speculation for fun at this point, absolutely. but the fact that they sent out an email to hundreds of thousands of people makes me think this is a storyline that's way bigger than just a BTE bit.
It's no fun when you make me cry :(

Doesn't Cole has like at least a year more contract with WWE?

Oct 27, 2017
La Rosa Negra is the wrestler that Tessa Blanchard called the N word isn't she? There's another nail in the coffin that is Tessa Blanchard's chances of showing up in AEW anytime soon.

Women's Eliminator Tournament Round 1
- Maki Itoh vs Ryo Mizunami
- Yuka Sakazaki vs Mei Suruga
- Veny vs Emi Sakura
- Aja Kong vs Rin Kadokura

I'm excited for all of these matches.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's no fun when you make me cry :(

Doesn't Cole has like at least a year more contract with WWE?
yar the rumors were his contract lasts anywhere from 2022 to 2024. it'd be a huge surprise if his contract is up. just a lot of fun coincidences right at the same time.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
The only one people aren't talking about is Rin and I'm hoping that she ends up being a pleasant surprise for all the viewers of this tournament.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Would love to be watching live with everyone but life found a way as it does these days.

I'll hopefully catch it tomorrow when life has calmed down.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
One-man announce team, eh? Wish they had gotten Veda for colour commentary.

So psyched for this. Yuka and Mei about to bust the door down.

Status
Not open for further replies.