• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
The tournament should be fun.

Even if Maki gets knocked out early, hopefully the hints of the feud with Shida escalate.

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho infuriates me because he sometimes does good things (having Nyla Rose and Sonny Kiss on his show to talk about trans and LGBTQ issues, helping younger wrestlers get over like OC and Britt, and taking care of Brodie's family financially), and then his shitstain Trumper affiliation along with his Covid superspreader concert, and his Karen of a wife who is a waste of oxygen.

He's probably one of those typical wrestlers who puts on a front until it's something that benefits him directly where he can show his ass.

I'm really disappointed in Jericho's actions this year but I've got to believe the good things are genuine.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Screw it, I'm on the Mei Suruga train. MEI FOR THE FINALS. LET'S GO.

(realistic pick is Yuka Sakazaki)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm really disappointed in Jericho's actions this year but I've got to believe the good things are genuine.

Yeah, I think the good things are genuine. Taking care of Benoit's family after that tragedy too. Politically, I think he's just an ignorant asshole. I do wonder if it's his wife or himself pushing the Trump train forward in that family, though. All of those posts by his wife read like any right-wing relative who spends too much time on Facebook.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
The posts in those tweets were mostly from his wife's mother, that's who that Chach person is.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The posts in those tweets were mostly from his wife's mother, that's who that Chach person is.

Ah, gotcha. Not as bad, but still bad. My dad's a right-wing nationalist type too, and I'm nowhere near him politically. But it's clear Jericho and his wife are when it comes to Jericho's mom-in-law.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
My realistic pick that I want is Veny but the most likely one I think is Yuka. I'm still sticking with my story of Maki being a stowaway in Shida's luggage looking to start shit and couch surf

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Maki really wants to come to AEW going by her social media posts. I hope Shida and Tony can make it happen. I don't think we see Shida casting social media and YouTube shade on Maki like this if it leads to absolutely nothing down the road. Could be a fun feud even without a title belt.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the tourney tonight! Don't know if I'm going to be available to watch when it airs but I'm gonna try.

Nov 5, 2017
Jericho's wife is not surprising. True story we got into a war of words on Facebook on election night 2016. Back then I was on the Fozzy street team and we were all friends with the head of the label in Australia that did the distribution for the albums since they didnt have their big record deal they have now.

Anyway I comment on the post that was congratulating Trump on winning and I wasnt looking for a fight I just simply expressed why I preferred Clinton. One of the main things I brought up was the idea of free technical and community college and how that would help someone like me. Back then I was living penny to penny making minimum wage working full time. My money went to my phone and the rest went to my mother to help pay bills and put gas in the car so we could all get to work. All I wanted was a chance to get into a technical school do the program and get a better job so if I wanted to go farther university wise I would have the income available to take the hit of a student loan.

Jericho's wife comes out of fucking no where and starts railing me about wanting a hand out and how she had to work and go to school. Serious boomer shit. We went back and forth and it basically ended with her saying I'm so glad we have a president like Trump so now lazy people like you that are full of excuses to why they cant amount to anything will either figure it out or get left behind.

I never looked at Jericho the same after that night. I met him years prior at a signing and he was so patient with me because I was 100% starstruck. That was definitely my never meet your heros moment by way of his shitty wife.
Wow. That's one hell of a story, coming out of nowhere to start shit. What an awful person.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Have they announced who is doing commentary for the tournament?

Would be nice to have Veda back or another woman aside Excalibur for it.

Nov 5, 2017
It sounds like any number of shitty social media exchanges. FB and the gang are terrible for removing all accountability for what people say. Jericho's wife was (and still is by the sounds of it) super shitty with this stuff, though.
Oh, I know. I see it in the Facebook comments section all the time. I read them and I'm completely flabbergasted at what I'm looking at, that someone knowing believes something is totally false but will keep saying it's truth no matter what. That orange piece of shit literally does no wrong in their eyes. It's amazing how brainwashed people can be.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
In my opinion I think Jericho is a good person, but unfortunately is influenced by the Trump bullshit. Jericho has put a lot of wrestlers over, and has done a lot of selfless things for people in wrestling. I personally don't get why Trump can gather support from some good people, but he does.

I still consider Jericho one of the best ever in wrestling, but not everyone can be perfect both in and out of the ring.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Have they announced who is doing commentary for the tournament?

Would be nice to have Veda back or another woman aside Excalibur for it.

No clue. I was wondering the same thing, and I'm now wondering if it will be someone we haven't heard before. I imagine they wanted to do live commentary for the Japanese bracket, but maybe I'm wrong and they did it after the fact with someone like Veda.

I'm also really curious to see the production for this show. No clue if Tony sent Shida over there with any type of production team, or if she got people she knows. I think we might be in for a very different experience once this goes up. Part of me is gritting my teeth in worry, but the other part just wants to see some entertaining matches with acceptable video and audio quality.

Oct 25, 2017
In my opinion I think Jericho is a good person, but unfortunately is influenced by the Trump bullshit. Jericho has put a lot of wrestlers over, and has done a lot of selfless things for people in wrestling. I personally don't get why Trump can gather support from some good people, but he does.

I still consider Jericho one of the best ever in wrestling, but not everyone can be perfect both in and out of the ring.

Populism is a terrible thing. At least America has 4 years to prepare for the next round. Our big battle with populism gave us Brexit.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seen a neighbour in an AEW hoodie earlier, first time seeing any merch in the wild. Going to have to befriend him so I have someone to go to the live event with when they get over to the UK.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
1jtn6oawqoh61.jpg

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

Future stars of AEW πŸ‘€

All her spots are hilarious lol

Also Lulu Pencil did an interview with all the women in the tournament.

Yuka Sakazaki
(about the voice of AEW fans who want to see Ms Sakazaki) Thank you. I'm very happy to have everyone remember and participate in such an epoch-making tournament.

As a group of Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, the number of people is increasing and the size of the venue is also increasing, so I wish I could grow at my own pace. I'm hoping to go higher, so if I can play an active role as an individual, Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling will be broader and will help the organization to grow. At the American box office, what was scheduled for last year has failed, but I hope I can do it again. I think everyone is already fully open.

I am still vaguely exploring my potential and how much I can do. As a professional wrestler, I want to look further ahead, create new things myself, take on challenges and absorb everything.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So excited for the tournament tonight. I don't really have a favourite. Happy for anyone to go through.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I read this as most of the Japanese side are sticking with AEW after this tournament? I wonder if they might bring them all to America eventually.

Even before this statement, my assumption was that the group in this tournament largely represents a group of joshi they have future plans for. Obviously things like availability also play a part for this particular tournament. It's hardly a stretch to come to this conclusion because like half the tournament already has worked with AEW before (Emi, Yuka, Aja, Ryo) but for some of the others I definitely wouldn't be surprise if this is the beginning of a larger AEW career. I particularly get that impression with Mei Suruga and Maki Itoh.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
STEP ONE, WATCH BTE
STEP TWO, READ THIS (ESPECIALLY THE LAST BIT)

STEP THREE, CONSIDER THIS

πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€”

I think you're reaching, but that would be fun.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're reaching, but that would be fun.
oh, pure speculation for fun at this point, absolutely. but the fact that they sent out an email to hundreds of thousands of people makes me think this is a storyline that's way bigger than just a BTE bit.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
STEP ONE, WATCH BTE
STEP TWO, READ THIS (ESPECIALLY THE LAST BIT)

STEP THREE, CONSIDER THIS

πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€” πŸ€”

Pretty sure the Adam in the email is referring to Adam Hangman Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.