• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I disagree with Alvarez on separating the traditional Orange spots from the new motivated Orange character, because he doesn't just use those spots to get a pop, it's not just Orange's form of playing to the crowd, it adds a psychological element to his ring work.

The way he utilised his lazy kick combo vs Jericho to bait him into taking a full on super kick was wonderful and now that's a new mind game in his opponents heads that's gonna play a part in his matches going forward.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah. Boiling down Orange's act to "playing to the crowd" seems to be entirely missing the point. That's part of the whole thing but from a kayfabe perspective, I don't think we're supposed to think that he's doing this just to play to the crowd. It's a psychological tactic and it's also true to his character being "really laid back."

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Brodie Lee beats the shit out of Cody in 3 minutes and takes 15 minutes in a 50/50 match with OC who is half his size. It was just over the top zero suspension of disbelief. If the match was 6-7 minutes it would've worked
Do you even pay attention, let alone understand professional wrestling storylines? Before, during AND after the Cody/Brodie match the storyline was that Cody was running himself down with match after match and match and pulling the trigger on squashing Cody is the culmination of that storyline.

It's extremely basic storytelling.

We literally just had OC in a best of 3 match with Jericho which he WON. The idea that he then goes on to have a competitive match with Brodie is not weird or requires any suspension of disbelief.

Well, it does if you choose to ignore what you're actually told during the show.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Cody got destroyed not just because Brodie is a beast, but also because he kept wearing himself down with weekly title matches. He also clearly underestimated Brodie and treated him as "just another title defence", saying that he's beaten big men before. Meanwhile, Brodie was thirsty for blood and came at him like a truck,

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
some of you need to stop wasting your time with wwe trolls masquerading as wrestling "fans" that only come out to complain.

Value your time more, people.

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Yeah. Boiling down Orange's act to "playing to the crowd" seems to be entirely missing the point. That's part of the whole thing but from a kayfabe perspective, I don't think we're supposed to think that he's doing this just to play to the crowd. It's a psychological tactic and it's also true to his character being "really laid back."

It's a fresh take on how to psychologically approach a wrestler. You've seen the big giant intimidating hoss who everyone is afraid to get in the ring with. Why not turn that on its head? OC is someone you underestimate and think is a pushover, then he gets you when you least expect it.

Oct 27, 2017
If Christopher Daniels did a promo on Dynamite talking the same way he was talking in that last BTE it would be one of the best things on that show.

I don't know if I'd want him to be a Champion but I'd want him to at least chase one and eventually lose. When he got visibly emotional and had to compose himself, I felt that.

That shit is pro wrestling.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Orange Cassidy vs 10 added to Dynamite.

Starks vs Darby
Jericho vs Kassidy
FTR vs SCU
Moxley and Cody appearances
Britt Baker in action

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. And he's really good at it going by the couple of clips I've seen. I think he would be accepted and cheered as "cool heel" ala Brock if live fans were around, though.

Yeah, and they're using an interesting dynamic with it.
Heyman's back as his advocate but it's a role reversal where Heyman actually seems a little alarmed and maybe scared of Reigns. Basically, remember when the Usos first went heel and everyone liked that? It's that, times ten with Roman.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm going to do something that goes against everything Im usually about but all this Roman talk itt had me poke around a bit in places and Lord almighty do I agree with this:

I've been saying Cody is the embodiment of people's Roman complaints (legacy kiddo with the right relatives and a good look) for a few years now. Somehow Cody was given the sort of cred afforded to indie dudes despite his lineage.

The wealthy son of a wealthy man who was the son of a plumber is still an underdog, I guess.
He is like a reversed Cody Rhodes lmao, a legit main event guy with piss poor bookings.

Standing ovation from me to you both because I totally agree. Im happy for Roman after what he's been through

mattyhochs

May 9, 2018
Speaking of game. Have we heard even a drop of new info in the last couple of months? I have know doubt it's delayed because the pandemic, I'm just jonesing for it.
GameSpot just published an interview with Kenny about it: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/k...azwares-toys-for-the-first-time/1100-6482688/

"The status of the video game is that it is currently in development," Omega told GameSpot. "I can't say too much more other than I am working very closely creatively with a team. And every few weeks, they have very exciting new things to show us. And I believe that we're on the right track because I think we have a good team backing us with a lot of very, very good hands that are very capable. And when I can more, I certainly will. And I'm really excited to show the first little bit of footage that we have.

"So it's a little ways away. We're not going to be competing head to head against WWE Battlegrounds anytime soon. But when the game is ready, and when it will release, I think it has a very good chance of standing alone is probably the best wrestling product as a video game that you could probably find on the market. That's the hope anyway."

mattyhochs

May 9, 2018
Damn. If he is talking it up so much, maybe this is different from the 'Bookin Sim' style mobile game rumours we have been hearing.
I really hope so. We all know how much Kenny loves games, so hopefully he won't compromise and will fight for a quality one. My main concern will always be the studio. How many indie teams out there could make a great wrestling game? Unless they were able to get a major publisher to sign up.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Damn. If he is talking it up so much, maybe this is different from the 'Bookin Sim' style mobile game rumours we have been hearing.

"a little ways away" Definitely seems like something a lot more than a mobile game, especially with next gen hitting two months...You'd think they would want to launch in every platform. haven't played a wrestling game since N64 , my desire for it is through the roof. The amount of hours I will play if they get it "right" like those old-school games they refer to..

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
They've all but said that this game is going to be a modern AKI-style game, so it's definitely different from whatever the mobile game is. I have no problem trusting that Kenny is going to make this happen the right way. I'm super hype for this

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
If Christopher Daniels did a promo on Dynamite talking the same way he was talking in that last BTE it would be one of the best things on that show.

I don't know if I'd want him to be a Champion but I'd want him to at least chase one and eventually lose. When he got visibly emotional and had to compose himself, I felt that.

That shit is pro wrestling.
What was with the weird dubbing of his voice at one bit? Was it because there was a whistle or something from the field?

Orange Cassidy vs 10 added to Dynamite.

Starks vs Darby
Jericho vs Kassidy
FTR vs SCU
Moxley and Cody appearances
Britt Baker in action
I hope Starks smashes Darby into oblivion. I'm over Allin, and not the wrestling definition of "over".

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
If they straight up resurrected the AKI games, chunky polygons and all, I'd be all about it.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I really hope so. We all know how much Kenny loves games, so hopefully he won't compromise and will fight for a quality one. My main concern will always be the studio. How many indie teams out there could make a great wrestling game? Unless they were able to get a major publisher to sign up.

If Kenny's involved it will be Street Fighter style game with wrestling moves LOL.

Oct 27, 2017
If Kenny's involved it will be Street Fighter style game with wrestling moves LOL.

I'm hoping Kenny gets it to be more like this and less like whatever else has been released for a long ass time. "No guys it's not crazy enough. Make it crazier!"
I'm just imagining him doing the same thing to the game dev team that he was doing to the Fyter Fest crew during those goofy vignettes.

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
They finally do the right thing with Reigns, and it's with no crowds lol
Watch them make him a face again when crowds return..

BTE was good as always. We get 'explanations' for why Stu and Reynolds weren't around, and discover a whole new side of Brodie Lee!
Hearing Christopher Daniels promo reminded me of why I'm a fan. Been a fan of him from when I first saw him in TNA.
Speaking Spanglish takes a stab at telenovas and we get Thunder Rosa's BTE debut!
More promo school with Kingston, so goooood.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Will Hobbs on a GCW show that will air on FITE.tv

EjBdzh0XsAA5YUE

EjBdzuqXkAAWEEK