• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Black Hair Cody is back

Reminded me of the time Ziggler dropped the bleach and wrestled Sydal.

dolph-new-look2.jpg

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I don't agree with anyone who called the Hardy/PP/Jericho segment "the worst of the year" or anything that hyperbolic. Hope PP uses it as a learning opportunity. This company could be utterly amazing in 3-4 years once these young guys get more reps in. Imagine working with the likes of Jericho, Hardy, Cody, et al when you're 22 to 26 years old. Soak up everything you can from their learning tree, and reap the harvest years from now. AEW's homegrown talent is going to be so rad.

I actually thought all of the IC was ace in the segment.

Hardy was flubbing lines left right and center. They dropped the central point of the fight which is someone crowbarred Hardy backstage and we don't know who it is.

I actually thought Kassidy was actually pretty good on the mic and was pretty hyped. Quen was... not good. And his shit talk was limited to "I almost pinned you!" and adding Bitch to the end of a Jericho nickname. It was just flat mic work. He should have gone for a little brother stepping out of the shadows angle. Which is what they wanted, but they should have leaned in on how he didn't get a TNT title shot, and everyone backstage thinks Kassidy is the future star, but he's got news for them.

But even then, the delivery was just awkward. PP has fantastic in-ring work and in-ring storytelling and I'm super high on them, but they need to get better on the mic, and I'm sure that will happen given everyone they are around. I think it's Jungle Boys biggest shortcoming ATM too.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Lance Archer, Nick Jackson, Cage, Butcher and Blade, and Grayson were the ones I noticed were obviously missing, but yeah Wardlow wasn't there either which was weird. We don't know what was taped for Dark, but if Jurrasic Express isn't there that's another noted ommission

I think they need to stop using non-contract talent that is traveling and doing Indies for a while. The less people you are mixing in the locker room, the better

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
At this point, it's probably presumptuous to think they all have COVID because they don't always have everyone on every show. Of those, we obviously know about Archer. Grayson, Reynolds, and Nick Jackson seemingly would have shown up so they definitely stand out. But that group is definitely possible and shows how potentially widespread this was.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The other concerning thing is that Archer is always next to Jake, who is one of the oldest people on the show with the most health complications (realistically, Jake is lucky to be alive right now).

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Another one is Christopher Daniels. That could explain why it's Scorpio and Kazarian tagging next week instead of Kazarian and Daniels.

I thought about that. I believe they already did FTR vs the Kazarian/Daniels version of SCU though, so it may be purposeful that it's Kaz/Scorpio instead since they also were the duo that were champions before.

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think speculating on peoples medical status if they haven't made it public is not a super cool thing to do.

Dec 29, 2017
The other concerning thing is that Archer is always next to Jake, who is one of the oldest people on the show with the most health complications (realistically, Jake is lucky to be alive right now).

Archer caught it at his home in Texas from a family member this past week while they were off. Jake lives in Georgia I think. There was no way Jake was in contact with Archer at that time. At least we hope so.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Recently saw the latest Brodie Lee promo from Dynamite. Can't believe this is the same wrestler that was known as Luke Harper. WWE really dropped the ball with him making him some silent dirty mechanic looking guy.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Saw the Cody entrance again on twitter and I just laughed at how much Cody overbooks his own entrances. Like he was gone for years and makes a glorious return. Nah dog, you were out for like a month and honestly, I barely noticed.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Recently saw the latest Brodie Lee promo from Dynamite. Can't believe this is the same wrestler that was known as Luke Harper. WWE really dropped the ball with him making him some silent dirty mechanic looking guy.
Vince McMahon's immediate request to Luke Harper when he was called up from NXT/FCW was to ask him to talk in a southern accent.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
God no. Fuck that band! I can still remember how people wouldn't shut up about them in high school because they were from 2 towns over from me and everyone had to be "friends with Gerard".
That sounds like a special kind of hell. I was going to say "Hey, they're actually a great band!" But that's a different thing entirely and yeah I can dig being upset about that. Like me w/ REM and never wanting to hear their music again cuz everyone in GA seems to love them so I couldn't escape that shit in HS.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
50K-ish drop for AEW, 7K-ish rise for NXT. Basically the same numbers as last week, except AEW was number 9 in 18-49, lost to 4 NBA items (game, 2 pre-game shows, and midnight sportscenter), the NHL game, and news.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like AEW changed their testing procedures in response to this outbreak, wrestlers will be tested at home before they travel to Jacksonville, them again on site. Definitely taking it seriously, that's good

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Looks like AEW changed their testing procedures in response to this outbreak, wrestlers will be tested at home before they travel to Jacksonville, them again on site. Definitely taking it seriously, that's good

That's smart though not enough IMO. In theory, you could test negative at home but then pick it up in the process of traveling to Florida. Still, it does add another extra layer.

IMO the biggest difference they can make is reducing the amount of people they're bringing in for the tapings. With indies running more now, they should really cut down on the Dark matches. Maybe just keep it to a small number of indy guys/gals that they like the most.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
yar i read that they actually started this a little while back. khan did it after seeing how the NFL was doing its testing and decided to ramp up its procedures as a result.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I hope they're going to still test day of. When you first catch it you aren't infectious. You don't test positive for the first few days. Once you test positive you're infectious, as I understand it.

So Ben could have been infected during the Dynamite taping, just not shedding virus yet.

But you could test negative day before, travel, and then be infectious and shedding day of the show. So yeah, hopefully they continue testing before people perform.

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
As much testing AEW does, with the way the country is handling things it's understandable that people would get it sooner or later.

All this speculation on who is missing and how they got it isn't helpful though. Everyone just needs to continue to be careful and practice mask wearing, social distancing etc...

I thought about that. I believe they already did FTR vs the Kazarian/Daniels version of SCU though, so it may be purposeful that it's Kaz/Scorpio instead since they also were the duo that were champions before.

Kaz/Daniels did wrestle FTR already, and that was a good match too. At least this time FTR can say they beat the first tag champs too.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they're going to still test day of. When you first catch it you aren't infectious. You don't test positive for the first few days. Once you test positive you're infectious, as I understand it.

So Ben could have been infected during the Dynamite taping, just not shedding virus yet.

But you could test negative day before, travel, and then be infectious and shedding day of the show. So yeah, hopefully they continue testing before people perform.
they are. still doing the same testing they were doing before in addition to the home testing.