• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
That was a hot ending. It's been a while since they've done one of those. I like all the different heel alliances coming together.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The show didn't start out great with the first match, the Matt Hardy segment took a lot of steam out of the show, and that sloppy women's tag match didn't help, but the main event and aftermath was really good.

It was a decent episode that needed better pacing.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Given they had to scramble to put this together it was pretty good. It was weird in places for sure, but that last match and finish was hot.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Look at the people in the ring closing this episode and bitch to me about AEW having too many WWE people
Are you kidding me they ended on Ricky Starks' theme, a prominent former member of WWE

ricky-starks-vs-ryback.png

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
You got the best spine buster and spear in the business right now going on in that ring.

Bless Hobbs and Starks 🙏🏼

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The future of this company is just too amazing, and all of them are on their way towards being stars.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
This is pretty inaccurate lol
This thread is extremely negative during the airing if Dynamite.

Go back to last week. Or even much of this Dynamite. People mark out on the regular and generally love the show and root for the promotion to succeed.

This Dynamite didn't hit the highs of last week and was oddly paced. Think it's okay to call that out. The most negativity was for the women's tag and the Hardy/PP/Jericho segment, both of which were less than stellar, no? :)

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good show overall. Only downsides were the beginning match after Miro hurt himself and Ivelisse's performance. Hopefully Miro is ok. OC vs Lee was great. They fit so much in 2 hours it's crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
I left for dinner during Adam Page's match and came back to Ivelisse and Diamante being lost in the ring repeatedly and forgetting which member of their team was the legal person. Then I miss most of the main event because I get stuck in the bathroom. On this night I missed all of the goodness :(

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Enjoyable episode overall. Favourite parts...

-Kingston promo
-Hangman vs. Uno
-Second half of Brodie vs. Cassidy
-Brodie promo
-Jericho and MJF
-Moxley vs. Kingston and the ending

Thought the FTR segment was "fine," but they quickly threw SCU under the bus with the Best Friends showing up like that. Dark Cody showing up also didn't get a pop from me because he's been acting like a heel for months.

Meh-to-bad stuff for me was the opener (Miro looked like a beast at least,) women's tag, and the Jericho/Hardy/PP segments.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not the best episode of Dynamite. Definitely felt like filler before the Anniversary ep where it gets real.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I left for dinner during Adam Page's match and came back to Ivelisse and Diamante being lost in the ring repeatedly and forgetting which member of their team was the legal person. Then I miss most of the main event because I get stuck in the bathroom. On this night I missed all of the goodness :(
If you see nothing else, find Kingston's and Brody's promos.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
So is Miro actually hurt? He seemed fine by the end of the match.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
-First match had no chemistry but awesome seeing Miro in action.
-Hangman/Uno was solid, great work on commentary again by Omega to further the saga.
-Brodie/OC was a lot of fun. Brodie/Cody dog collar match should be great.
-The segment was a bit rough but cool opportunity for Kassidy against Jericho. I like that they've given both of the PP guys a spotlight in singles now.
-Women's match had a rough start too but I thought they pulled it together by the end. Rosa is really on a different level than pretty much every woman they have.
-That last match was great and loved the ending. I always love seeing different storylines intersecting like that. Kind of crazy to think about what a strange collection of talent they had in there by the end, it's really been cool to see how the roster has come together.

So it looks like we're essentially going to get another two week special event between the Jericho show and the Anniversary show. Curious to see what happens with Jericho, has to be something big. Would they pull the trigger on something with MJF already?

The Anniversary card could be pretty stacked. If they save all the title matches for that, we could be getting Moxley/Archer, Brodie/Cody, FTR/BFs, and possibly Shida/Rosa??

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Ivelisse/Diamante are slowly not syncing together since the tournament. Sucks cause I'm a fan of both.

Yeah, it's been really weird to watch. Not sure if it's the pressure or what that's causing it, but I feel they've actively gotten less smooth and less cohesive since they won the tournament. Hope they figure it out, or Tony makes a call to hide them elsewhere until they work through whatever they need to work through.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is Miro actually hurt? He seemed fine by the end of the match.
Either he's ok or he powered through the match injured. He still didn't seem the same after it. His leg was quivering alot during his finish. He seemed ok speaking after the match, but walking to the back he looked kind of angry.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
I am guessing the 6-man tag being nixed threw off a lot of the timing.

We got a pretty good singles match though.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Either he's ok or he powered through the match injured. He still didn't seem the same after it. His leg was quivering alot during his finish. He seemed ok speaking after the match, but walking to the back he looked kind of angry.
Totally seemed like a partially rolled ankle. If so he will be fine, but it hurts like hell in the moment. Did it to myself a couple of months or so ago running. Had to stop for a moment from the pain. Could walk on it after a couple of minutes and was running on it again before the end of the day.

Looks like a close call. I've properly rolled my ankle before and that's a whole different deal, but I don't think he'd have been able to power through if he'd done that.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Did he do another one after the staredown? I know I saw Kingston talking some trash early on and having to be separated from Mox by the officials. Definitely going to try and find Brody's stuff because I love me some Brodie Lee.
Yes. He just let it rip on Cody and set up a special stipulation match for some point in the future.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Totally seemed like a partially rolled ankle. If so he will be fine, but it hurts like hell in the moment. Did it to myself a couple of months or so ago running. Had to stop for a moment from the pain. Could walk on it after a couple of minutes and was running on it again before the end of the day.

Looks like a close call. I've properly rolled my ankle before and that's a whole different deal, but I don't think he'd have been able to power through if he'd done that.
Hope that's true and he's fine. I haven't even gotten to see Miro vs Omega yet!

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Yeah there were some shaky segments tonight, like a lot of the live ones recently, but a good time overall. Prob felt a little more off in the shadow of a really great Dark and bonus show this week. Getting spoiled.

Brodie Lee vs. OC overdelivered without much buildup, and Cody's return was a cool moment. Hangman and Uno was solid, the women's tag match improved by the end, and Kingston delivered on short notice, he's a unique and reliable talent.

FTR segments are bathroom breaks for me, just not into it. Best Friends getting the rub off the parking lot brawl while Santana and Ortiz return to the lackey role, man what do those guys have to do to cut them loose. JR continues to bum me out. One of the reasons Dark has become must watch for me is the commentary chemistry, and hard to get there when he's burying Excalibur.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How did everyone feel during Cody's appearance tonight?
i thought it was great. brodie vs. cody rematch definitely has the most hype for the current quarter, to me. cody just knows how to build energy, something all of the other growing rivalries are really lacking right now, imo.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'd be more terrified of a overbooked, world beater heel Cody run if the Bucks And Kenny weren't also about to heel it up , at least it will all feel far more balanced

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I liked Cody's sparkly shoes LOL.

One pet peeve I have about that is how Brodie already had the dog collar handy. That always comes across a little hokey to me when they want to set up a gimmick match and conveniently just come up with the idea out of thin air. I like a little more set up to create some context for why he pulls that out and immediately wants to go to a dog collar match. But like I said, that's probably going to be a great match.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Cody's sparkly shoes LOL.

One pet peeve I have about that is how Brodie already had the dog collar handy. That always comes across a little hokey to me when they want to set up a gimmick match and conveniently just come up with the idea out of thin air. I like a little more set up to create some context for why he pulls that out and immediately wants to go to a dog collar match. But like I said, that's probably going to be a great match.
Obviously he keeps the dog collar handy for Silver at all times.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Sooo I have been staying away from wrestling for years after WWE really soured me on it all, but recently started reading AEW stuff. Seems interesting, I will start recording it on my PVR.

I recently heard a lot about Ben Carter and watched his Dark match on YouTube, was really good stuff. I'm excited to see more of him.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Sooo I have been staying away from wrestling for years after WWE really soured me on it all, but recently started reading AEW stuff. Seems interesting, I will start recording it on my PVR.

I recently heard a lot about Ben Carter and watched his Dark match on YouTube, was really good stuff. I'm excited to see more of him.

His match last night with Scorpio Sky was pretty amazing.