• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It would be great if Priscilla is signed. She definitely has "it." Also, bring back Hayter!

And I hope the TNT championship is utilized like the IC championship used to be: you have it and you're moving on to the main event soon. It kind of seemed like getting the IC title became a curse that doomed guys to the mid card forever.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
lol. funny coincidence. i'm going back through botchamanias since they're potentially going to be taken down by Dailymotion soon.

from botchamania 342 in 2017, harry potter looking into the mirror of erised and seeing what he wants to be real.

LSZxGH2.jpg

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
And I hope the TNT championship is utilized like the IC championship used to be: you have it and you're moving on to the main event soon. It kind of seemed like getting the IC title became a curse that doomed guys to the mid card forever.

Yeah you look at the ladder approach of guys like The Rock, Austin, Triple H and then what happened later. They really need the TNT title to be a proving ground of sorts.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

I have full confidence that it'll function like a mid card title is supposed to, just as you're suggesting.

I think two big things happened in WWE that led to the IC (and US) titles being devalued.

1. They started having people who were former world champions go back and win the mid card title.

2. They did the brand split and had two world titles.

It has turned into a prop to give to guys that they don't know what to do with, when it really should be about elevating someone before they get the main event push.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I have full confidence that it'll function like a mid card title is supposed to, just as you're suggesting.

I think two big things happened in WWE that led to the IC (and US) titles being devalued.

1. They started having people who were former world champions go back and win the mid card title.

2. They did the brand split and had two world titles.

It has turned into a prop to give to guys that they don't know what to do with, when it really should be about elevating someone before they get the main event push.

Yea I would love to see this title become like the NJPW Intercontinental title , as in actually mean something

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

"Road To" for Wednesday night.

Schiavone should do all these sit-down interviews instead of Ross

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Big fan of Brandi's cooking show now. Priscilla's impression of Darby was great. I hope she signs.

Road To was good as always. Funny stuff on BTE. Could that QT snub be another heel turn tease? I think there's a possibility either QT or Cody try to interfere when Archer's beating the crap out of Dustin.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm normally not a big fan of tournaments because usually there are clear favorites who'll advance early on and in general the whole heel/face dynamic dictates who advances. So once you know one result you can fill out the rest of the brackets immediately.
You can't completely avoid this but I just wanted to appreciate how this TNT title tournament has been excellently booked, especially with the limited people they have available. In the first round Sammy could have easily won and a match with Cody would have made sense but now you have Darby vs. Cody which has history and could go either way in my opinion. And even in the Dustin vs. Archer match, which has a clear favorite, the upset of Dustin winning could make for a great final with a rematch against his brother. To me that is pretty compelling booking and a great testament to AEW where everybody matters and has multiple hooks to various friends and enemies in the roster.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I'm normally not a big fan of tournaments because usually there are clear favorites who'll advance early on and in general the whole heel/face dynamic dictates who advances. So once you know one result you can fill out the rest of the brackets immediately.
You can't completely avoid this but I just wanted to appreciate how this TNT title tournament has been excellently booked, especially with the limited people they have available. In the first round Sammy could have easily won and a match with Cody would have made sense but now you have Darby vs. Cody which has history and could go either way in my opinion. And even in the Dustin vs. Archer match, which has a clear favorite, the upset of Dustin winning could make for a great final with a rematch against his brother. To me that is pretty compelling booking and a great testament to AEW where everybody matters and has multiple hooks to various friends and enemies in the roster.

You can get away with being more predictable if you go all out on the presentation and the match quality is good. AEW treating it like a big deal helps the fans view it as a big deal.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Finally some more minorities. If theyre decent hopefully theyre signed

Also never air that bubbly bunch trash again. My god that shit was like a sketch from a failed youtube channel with like 30 subscribers lol. Cant believe that cringiness made the air

Just like most of the youtube/tik-tok videos people are making while in quarantine. Inner Circle got their fingers on the pulse.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
What a shame, Cain was well on his way to being an MMA all timer, damned injuries. That he irl handily whooped Brock's ass only to have to get MMA tapped out by him ( as if) in the E. Gross.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I was pretty into the idea of AEW working with Cain before he went to WWE. He was doing a lot of cool lucha stuff with AAA which clearly should have been the direction for him as a wrestler, not the bland faux MMA stuff. I think he clearly needs more time and training before he's ready for a big stage, too. He should probably go back to AAA and then AEW can re-visit it sometime in the future if he's progressing and looks like he has a legit future in wrestling. Right now, I'd prioritize a bunch of other recent firings over him, though.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Cain's clearly injury prone but his lucha stuff wasn't bad. I hope he goes back to AAA and if AEW ever needs him it'll be through the agreement AEW and AAA have and not an exclusive contract

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Just like most of the youtube/tik-tok videos people are making while in quarantine. Inner Circle got their fingers on the pulse.

Nahh some of those are pretty cute

This was like some cringy out of touch take on it all. Like they even called it flim flam lol. I wonder are they not allowed to use the word tik tok cuz of licensing?

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
Nahh some of those are pretty cute

This was like some cringy out of touch take on it all. Like they even called it flim flam lol. I wonder are they not allowed to use the word tik tok cuz of licensing?

Didn't it say "Not associated with TIkTok" in the corner during the video?

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I went to take my dog for a walk and I come back and it's already over. That was a real quick Dark.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
It's clear due to the lock down they are really stretching the jobber squashes for dark to fulfill the slot, not that they really have to. I'd understand there not being Darks at the moment.

Some of the wrestlers who were available are gonna come out of this with hugely inflated Win loss ratios lol

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
It's clear due to the lock down they are really stretching the jobber squashes for dark to fulfill the slot, not that they really have to. I'd understand there not being Darks at the moment.

Some of the wrestlers who were available are gonna come out of this with hugely inflated Win loss ratios lol

Dark's purpose now is really just to keep the signed wrestlers from getting rusty and the local jobbers some much needed pay and exposure.

QT's school is going to be packed when things get back to normal.

Last edited:

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I actually think Dark functions similarly to how it usually does. They've always used it to highlight wrestlers who were going to appear the next night on Dynamite. The difference is that instead of the folks like Cutler, Avalon, etc jobbing, it's actual local enhancement talents. It's more striking that they're putting little effort into doing anything else with it. They used to do Dynamite recaps and other video packages but it's a completely bare bones production now. I guess maybe something with the production process might be limited during the pandemic?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Noticed Priscilla Kelly among the "audience" on Dark

Maybe she wrestled at some point during these tapings

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Can't say I've any burning desire to see EC3 in AEW.

Not that he isn't talented but I just think it would require too much work to build his credibility up and I'd rather they spend that time on current guys.

Someone like Scorpio Sky especially, seeing as though AEW, well wrestling in general doesn't typically push black wrestlers to the top of the card. If AEW get behind Scorpio and turn him into a top guy, champion, major star then it will be beneficial for attracting more black talent in the future.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I've any burning desire to see EC3 in AEW.

Not that he isn't talented but I just think it would require too much work to build his credibility up and I'd rather they spend that time on current guys.

Someone like Scorpio Sky especially, seeing as though AEW, well wrestling in general doesn't typically push black wrestlers to the top of the card. If AEW get behind Scorpio and turn him into a top guy, champion, major star then it will be beneficial for attracting more black talent in the future.
He was tag team champion and there's a black women's champion. Two of the three titles have been held by PoC.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
He's too MJF adjacent as is. Have to see if what he's been doing on Twitter for his character change pans out.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Oh wow, I just realized Dynamite is pretty stacked tomorrow with Darby vs. Cody III, Archer vs. Dustin, and Best Friends vs. Havok and Sabian.

I dug Dark. It's super stripped down right now, but I don't blame them. Think it's likely just due to the pandemic, but wondering if it could also be with the plan for the second TNT show and already pivoting away from the YouTube content.

Hybrid Hunter

May 9, 2018
Sydney, Australia
Another short and sweet dark to help build interest in Dynamite.
Production of Dark is probably limited as well with a skeleton production team that's probably focussing on Dynamite more than Dark.

I wonder if this pandemic didn't happen, would they have launched the B show now and would the TNT championship tournament be contested on the B show instead of Dynamite.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I think the B show would have still been in the planning stage and the tournament would have been on Dynamite. Personally I think the B show would focused on Trios at the beginning.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
He was tag team champion and there's a black women's champion. Two of the three titles have been held by PoC.
I get you but it's a totally other thing being the world champion, when you're made the world champion then you become the face of the company.

Scorpio has all the tools, good talker, good looking dude, good enough in the ring, only negative is him being 37 which means it needs to happen sooner than later if they're gonna do it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I would like to see more Scorpio Sky. His run at Jericho back when he had the belt was great. That whole promo where he came into the ring in his leather jacket and just went back and forth with Jericho on the mic is one of my favourite AEW moments still.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Scorpio is awesome and I also can't wait to see them pull the trigger on him as a singles wrestler. They are clearly very high on him. I hope it happens when they start getting back to regular shows. He has all the tools but he has that intangible that just makes him very fun to watch. I can't help but root for the guy.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I would like to see more Scorpio Sky. His run at Jericho back when he had the belt was great. That whole promo where he came into the ring in his leather jacket and just went back and forth with Jericho on the mic is one of my favourite AEW moments still.

"I'm gonna make le champion le bitch" is quite progressive when you consider he used the French male article "le" instead of the female "la."

Or it was just something to say.

Yeah, probably just something to say.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Love Scorpio. Y'all think he'll need a heel turn to move up the card, though? Like, him turning on SCU to break out as a singles guy?

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I get you but it's a totally other thing being the world champion, when you're made the world champion then you become the face of the company.

Scorpio has all the tools, good talker, good looking dude, good enough in the ring, only negative is him being 37 which means it needs to happen sooner than later if they're gonna do it.
I hope he holds the belt. He's freaking hilarious and seems like a great guy.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Love Scorpio. Y'all think he'll need a heel turn to move up the card, though? Like, him turning on SCU to break out as a singles guy?
Remember when Goldust and Booker split so Booker could chase his dream of winning the title, and they had an emotional embrace in the ring as the crowd cheered? No one needs to turn on anyone!

(do NOT try to remember what happened to Booker in the subsequent title chase)

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017

Could see it either way. He's much better as a baby face I think so I don't know if he needs a heel run to move up. Have SCU turn on Scorp. Scorp teams up with another baby face for a match against SCU, gets the pin, and then goes on to singles competition.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I think he can do it without a heel turn. SCU have already kinda shown themselves as this supportive team who back him up when he does solo stuff. I think AEW is doing fine with tag team guys who are legit contenders solo too, I mean Trent? has been doing great solo too.

The thing that might prevent it for a bit is if after this is over AEW is going to focus on trios like it looked like they were before this. In which case SCU as a trio will be more important than Scorpio solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.