• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 month): inflammatory accusations and hostility, numerous prior bans for hostility
Not even a single apology that you assumed the dirt worst about me and my practices on contributing to stopping the spread.... I'd say I;m surprised but I;m not.

The point you were actually making was to assume I am not dedicated to social distancing and combating the spread so as to cast aspersions on my claim that what I'm concerned with is protecting lives and health.... Only oops turned out I was genuine so now here you are shifting them goal posts.

And if TV shows are truly returning to filming in June fuck them too!
Shocking that you scream about how I was trying to prove you don't care about social distancing while ignoring everything I said about filming for movies and tv shows and seasonal vs weekly content.

What are you genuine about? Other people, great me too it's why I don't want to see a company that employs a bunch of people go out of business if it can be helped.

Acknowledge anything I said about the filming of movies and shows resume or the weekly vs seasonal topic please and thank you. If not it proves you only want to come in and shit on AEW and not actually have a conversation about it.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I wish I could bring myself to throw some people in here on ignore, but I try extremely hard to understand everyone's perspective. I swear some only come into this thread to post negativity and I've never seen a positive post from them. They're here just to shit on everything.

I definitely don't want an echo chamber and welcome differing perspectives, and it's valuable to consider where other people are coming from. But I also want to know I'm having discussions in good faith. If you don't regularly post in this thread, and especially when you go on record stating that you don't like AEW and don't watch it, why are you coming in here now? It's trolling and I'm not going to waste time on it.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The thing is, they don't really have to go live when you think about it. Again, no spoilers are leaking out for these matches because there isn't an audience. Ratings for them are held steady even though they are down just a tad. I would highly doubt TNT/Warner are forcing AEW to go live due to contract regulations since AEW is still popular and beating WWE programming 90% of the time. I can see a scummy company like Fox doing it for WWE cuz they overpaid but not TNT. And heck, TNT and AEW can simply say we will provide new content but not go live so we can take care of are fellow employees and the positive PR for it would be big.

I'm a big fan of AEW but I still have to say I'm kind of disappointed they are going to go live every so often at this time period.
Plus if you listen to Tony Khan in interviews and especially in the AEW Unrestricted podcast, he has really good personal ties with the top decision maker at TNT and AEW in general seems to have a fantastic relationship with Turner. So I doubt TNT would mandate them to do live weekly television shows during a freaking pandemic.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
See that's where you have to change your mindset, you view it as just wrestling when in reality this is their job. You have a job too and that's great, for them if they don't produce more content they might not have jobs anymore see how that works? It's truly not hard. I get what you're saying but it they truly have 1 live event in May and the PPV and they tape for 2 months or however long of content why should we trash them they are doing their job trying to be smart about it and continue to follow guidelines. As I said before for all we know all talent will drive or be flown in via private jet to avoid public airports, they all might get tested on site, etc etc. once we know the full plan than we can start to form opinions (good or bad) towards it

The Khans are very rich individuals who should take care of their employees and not needlessly put them at risk because a bunch of Republican governors who don't give two shits if people live or die are going to let them film.

Reminder Tony Khan literally moved his tapings to Georgia and filmed down to the wire of the shutdown there when Florida shutdown first. Khan will take advantage of any amoral government run by the GOP if he can.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
See that's where you have to change your mindset, you view it as just wrestling when in reality this is their job. You have a job too and that's great, for them if they don't produce more content they might not have jobs anymore see how that works? It's truly not hard. I get what you're saying but it they truly have 1 live event in May and the PPV and they tape for 2 months or however long of content why should we trash them they are doing their job trying to be smart about it and continue to follow guidelines. As I said before for all we know all talent will drive or be flown in via private jet to avoid public airports, they all might get tested on site, etc etc. once we know the full plan than we can start to form opinions (good or bad) towards it
This is where we don't agree.

We're going through a global crisis right now. People like myself (who are in healthcare) are working to help get rid of this virus and helping patients. People like excelsiorlef are helping feed the people. You said you're an essential worker too so you're doing your job if it's truly essential. When I mean essential workers I mean real essential jobs. Healthcare, grocery stores, sanitation, government jobs, real real essential workers.

It doesn't matter if AEW is their job. It's a wrestling company. It doesn't matter if governments declare them ok to work just because they're too stupid to realize it's bad. These jobs are NOT more essential than the jobs that those who are truly helping in this pandemic. At all.

That's what this all boils down to. There's just no excuse for it to be classified as "ok" during this and the fact they're still going to open up during this just shows they care more about money and their company rather than what's safe and rather than these other truly essential jobs who are truly out here doing things. WWE of all people was being ripped to shreds by everyone for doing this so now AEW is doing it and yet shit is apparently ok? Nah, they're all in the same boat. Any company that's not truly essential is.

We can't be defending stuff like this at all. You're basically saying "well they got the ok to do it so they should since they're a company" without realizing that you're putting health and what it truly means to be essential lower than being a business.

You're basically saying Gamestop should be open during these times. That's silly.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The thing is, they don't really have to go live when you think about it. Again, no spoilers are leaking out for these matches because there isn't an audience. Ratings for them are held steady even though they are down just a tad. I would highly doubt TNT/Warner are forcing AEW to go live due to contract regulations since AEW is still popular and beating WWE programming 90% of the time. I can see a scummy company like Fox doing it for WWE cuz they overpaid but not TNT. And heck, TNT and AEW can simply say we will provide new content but not go live so we can take care of are fellow employees and the positive PR for it would be big.

I'm a big fan of AEW but I still have to say I'm kind of disappointed they are going to go live every so often at this time period.

Yeah, there's definitely no actual reason to go live right now. I'm just saying, if they're taping other content around the live show and not getting together each week for live tapings, it's essentially the same to tape on Monday and Tuesday than it is to have a live show Wednesday and tape more on Thursday, or whatever. If it were me, I wouldn't go live in that situation because then you have the benefit of being able to edit things and not worry as much about timing, etc but I think the most important thing is reducing the frequency of gatherings/tapings which you can still accomplish even if some of the shows air live.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is where we don't agree.

We're going through a global crisis right now. People like myself (who are in healthcare) are working to help get rid of this virus and helping patients. People like excelsiorlef are helping feed the people. You said you're an essential worker too so you're doing your job if it's truly essential. When I mean essential workers I mean real essential jobs. Healthcare, grocery stores, sanitation, government jobs, real real essential workers.

It doesn't matter if AEW is their job. It's a wrestling company. It doesn't matter if governments declare them ok to work just because they're too stupid to realize it's bad. These jobs are NOT more essential than the jobs that those who are truly helping in this pandemic. At all.

That's what this all boils down to. There's just no excuse for it to be classified as "ok" during this and the fact they're still going to open up during this just shows they care more about money and their company rather than what's safe and rather than these other truly essential jobs who are truly out here doing things. WWE of all people was being ripped to shreds by everyone for doing this so now AEW is doing it and yet shit is apparently ok? Nah, they're all in the same boat. Any company that's not truly essential is.

We can't be defending stuff like this at all. You're basically saying "well they got the ok to do it so they should since they're a company" without realizing that you're putting health and what it truly means to be essential lower than being a business.

You're basically saying Gamestop should be open during these times. That's silly.

No we agree on that point of wrestling not being essential, 100%. If they don't tape a bunch of content then I'm on the same side as everyone else fuck them for being so stupid. But holding 2 live events with no fans and taping a month or more of content during that time seems like they are just trying to survive same as everywhere else right now. We don't know how much they taped before everything locked down, if they are literally out of stuff to tape I'd much rather see them convene two times tape more content and then go on taped shows until we get somewhat back to a semblance of normal.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Shocking that you scream about how I was trying to prove you don't care about social distancing while ignoring everything I said about filming for movies and tv shows and seasonal vs weekly content.

What are you genuine about? Other people, great me too it's why I don't want to see a company that employs a bunch of people go out of business if it can be helped.

Acknowledge anything I said about the filming of movies and shows resume or the weekly vs seasonal topic please and thank you. If not it proves you only want to come in and shit on AEW and not actually have a conversation about it.

You literally assumed that I was reckless about social distancing and thus putting people at risk, and thus could not judge AEW for doing so... Only turns out I am contributing to society in an essential way and taking all precautions.

You are now trying to shift all your arguments to pretend like that's not what you said, largely to still paint me as the bad guy.

Like I said if other TV shows are doing so fuck them too, I've seen talk shows sure but that's usually done from home and can actually be done practicing social distancing (but frankly shouldn't be done either beyond self filmed things involving no crew that isn't living in the house) . Wrestling is literally about drooling on each other.

But man all you had to say was sorry for making assumptions about you and thank you for the work you're doing....:(

Btw this is the post I was responding to, the one that caused me to say you're accusing me of not taking this seriously myself

Never said that at all, if these states are opening back up, then it's not just AEW putting people at risk and if AEW has 2 live shows and tapes everything else it sounds like they are trying to find a way to minimize any sort of impact they'll have. Real talk have you left your house to go anywhere since this all broke out? If you did then you put people's lives at risk. Is it the same as getting essentials, absolutely not we agree on that but a whole company shouldn't fold and lots of people lose their jobs because they are following idiotic state guidelines. It's one thing to say "we're running weekly shows, nothing taped and no added precautions" but they are having their people quarantine, I assume get tested (since Daily's Place is a testing site) and trying to limit how often their talent is having to go out. Not to mention they could literally fly talent in and out via a private jet we have no clue how they are operating things, some might drive even. If we get more details and everyone is flying normal and no precautions are taken, sure let's get after them but how about we see the plan before trying to revolt?

How can I be ignoring TV/Movies to "scream" when literally the post I was taking umbrage with doesn't mention it byt does include:

Real talk have you left your house to go anywhere since this all broke out? If you did then you put people's lives at risk.

You literally shifted the goal posts after this line didn't work, and are now trying to pretend the new goal post was the original one.

Last edited:

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You literally assumed that I was reckless about social distancing and thus putting people at risk, and thus could not judge AEW for doing so... Only turns out I am contributing to society in an essential way and taking all precautions.

You are now trying to shift all your arguments to pretend like that's not what you said, largely to still paint me as the bad guy.

Like I said if other TV shows are doing so fuck them too, I've seen talk shows sure but that's usually done from home and can actually be done practicing social distancing (but frankly shouldn't be done either beyond self filmed things involving no crew that isn't living in the house) . Wrestling is literally about drooling on each other.

But man all you had to say was sorry for making assumptions about you and thank you for the work you're doing....:(
Please show me where I assumed that at. Asking a question is not assuming anything, it was a legitimate question, in my area a bunch of people say this is serious and then are out and about everyday being idiots.

You are not bad in the slightest and if it comes off like that I do apologize. That's not my intention with anything of the discussion I'm having with anyone in this thread. And thank you for working during this time, I know how shit it can be, even worse than regular times (which aren't always the greatest)

I just dislike how people want to come in, hear part of a plan or idea and instantly start shitting on something or someone same stuff happened a week ago about Cody on Twitter. The internet has a habit of jumping before details or facts are known.

We don't know all the details and I won't start shitting on them unless they are reckless and stupid just for the sake of doing it. If this is the way the company stays in business, do it smart, minimize the risk and tape a bunch of shit to hold you over.

Edit - You beat my post by like 10 seconds wish I could type faster.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
The thread is much more bearable if you remove the people who never post here unless there's some kind of negative news to throw shots about. There's already a whole other thread for that so I don't see the need to come and troll this one.

Yeah, that's was the thing that made this thread so cool and enjoyable... its not WrestleERA.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Please show me where I assumed that at. Asking a question is not assuming anything, it was a legitimate question, in my area a bunch of people say this is serious and then are out and about everyday being idiots.

You are not bad in the slightest and if it comes off like that I do apologize. That's not my intention with anything of the discussion I'm having with anyone in this thread. And thank you for working during this time, I know how shit it can be, even worse than regular times (which aren't always the greatest)

I just dislike how people want to come in, hear part of a plan or idea and instantly start shitting on something or someone same stuff happened a week ago about Cody on Twitter. The internet has a habit of jumping before details or facts are known.

We don't know all the details and I won't start shitting on them unless they are reckless and stupid just for the sake of doing it. If this is the way the company stays in business, do it smart, minimize the risk and tape a bunch of shit to hold you over.

Edit - You beat my post by like 10 seconds wish I could type faster.

The question was worded literally with the implication, that I probably wasn't (and you're basically admitting that you had strong reasons to doubt me because you see idiots) . Your entire initial argument to me hinged on me being irresponsible and thus losing the moral grounds.

Anyway, apology accepted.

I remain steadfast that it is irresponsible to be taping things and performing things where social distancing is not only impossible but where you actually actively breathe and drool on each other.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
No we agree on that point of wrestling not being essential, 100%. If they don't tape a bunch of content then I'm on the same side as everyone else fuck them for being so stupid. But holding 2 live events with no fans and taping a month or more of content during that time seems like they are just trying to survive same as everywhere else right now. We don't know how much they taped before everything locked down, if they are literally out of stuff to tape I'd much rather see them convene two times tape more content and then go on taped shows until we get somewhat back to a semblance of normal.
It doesn't matter if it's taped, doesn't matter it's live, it's dumb regardless. These wrestlers are living their lives and like every essential worker out there they're being exposed to their families, the public and their jobs and there's no telling when they'd be exposed and how many people they're exposed to. Unlike real essential workers they have no right to be doing that nor should they have any authority to given they're just wrestling. Sports are sports, sports don't dictate people's lives. They have contact in the ring but do they go home immediately after or do they walk to the local grocery store? What happens if the person they were exposed to shows symptoms days later? Who's to say they didn't expose more people including who let them into the building? That's why social distancing is important and that's why only true essential workers should be working right now because they're working to fight against this and to feed the people which isn't what this is.

You're spending more time on your enjoyment of watching this rather than people's safety at the end of the day. You saying "they're trying to survive" puts more importance on business rather than everyone who's potentially impacted by this. You cannot, I can't stress it enough, have it both ways. Businesses aren't important in a time like this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
When every major sports league in the US is shut down and cancelled for the season, wrestling looks really fucking bad in remaining open.

All the majors live and die by their gates and TV deals and they're not out here looking to justify "essential services" just to get going again.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Tony you fucking mark dont do live shows jfc how hard can it be to not be a carny and your booking is shitty get the foh with that 30min Hager match,mark

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Then they most likely lose the TV deal with Turner and everyone working there is out of a job, since the TV deal was the thing that helped start the company in the first place. No content = breach of contract. Hell taped content works just fine for the networks but no content won't work guaranteed
Shouldn't every TV show be worried about this then, they all get contracted for x amount of episodes per season and ones that didn't finish their filming for say the fall season or didn't even start would all be subject to the same contract breaching. I SERIOUSLY doubt any network is going to pull a breach of contract because of outside circumstances, especially TNT with how things have been going.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't every TV show be worried about this then, they all get contracted for x amount of episodes per season and ones that didn't finish their filming for say the fall season or didn't even start would all be subject to the same contract breaching. I SERIOUSLY doubt any network is going to pull a breach of contract because of outside circumstances, especially TNT with how things have been going.
yes, we should talk about wrestling unionization.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Other TV shows work in seasonal format and can go 2-3 months with 12 episodes. The big difference is with wrestling being live they don't have 12 episodes saved up to put out for now. From the sounds of it they will have 2 live events and tape a bunch of shit at those events to hold them over for who knows how long. Most other things are picking filming back up in June/July so I expect AEW to film enough content until then (Hopefully).

And yes 100% the wrestlers need a union. Right now AEW only has enough content until the end of May. Meaning after that zero content that hasn't already aired, which is why I think they are doing live 2 times to fill out the next couple of months.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
yes, we should talk about wrestling unionization.
Hey I'm in a union my self, I could not imagine working without one after having one for 13 years.

Other TV shows work in seasonal format and can go 2-3 months with 12 episodes. The big difference is with wrestling being live they don't have 12 episodes saved up to put out for now. From the sounds of it they will have 2 live events and tape a bunch of shit at those events to hold them over for who knows how long. Most other things are picking filming back up in June/July so I expect AEW to film enough content until then (Hopefully).

And yes 100% the wrestlers need a union. Right now AEW only has enough content until the end of May. Meaning after that zero content that hasn't already aired, which is why I think they are doing live 2 times to fill out the next couple of months.
They are saying right now about June/July, if things don't change in the next month I can't imagine those dates holding any water. I'd rather they just talk to TNT about going on hold for a while. The show already is seriously tough to watch with their current format I wont be watching at all if it continues

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait until the details of these tapings come out to form an opinion. Maybe they will quarantine talent before and after each taping.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey I'm in a union my self, I could not imagine working without one after having one for 13 years.

They are saying right now about June/July, if things don't change in the next month I can't imagine those dates holding any water. I'd rather they just talk to TNT about going on hold for a while. The show already is seriously tough to watch with their current format I wont be watching at all if it continues
And that is totally understandable. It's one of the few things to look forward to even if it is a bit odd without fans for me. Who knows maybe they will, but they also know there is a huge demand for anything new or live or as close to live as you can get. Most major sports are trying to find ways to start back up and I get why. Depending on the weekend and Georgia we might see tighter lockdowns if shit blows up (which is highly likely).

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
www.thecubsfan.com

Lucha Fighter episode 2, notes on the first show, Arena Lopez Mateos

The second episode of Lucha Fighter airs Saturday at 8pm CT. It’s billed as live and listed on YouTube as airing live, though it is believed to be taped already. AAA has indicated Nino Hambur…

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Hopefully TNT either provide an out, if indeed TNT ARE holding them to the contract, or embarrass them (much like USA and FOX did to WWE) to make it clear that it isn't their choose.

I'll wait until the details of these tapings come out to form an opinion. Maybe they will quarantine talent before and after each taping.
That sounds like it *might* be the plan.

I think one of the big issues here, is that you're dealing with people with a default mentality of 'I risk my life and put other people's lives in my own hands to entertain people every day, and I obviously believe in the value of that to the point where I'm prepared to take those risks'. If they quarantine an appropriate amount where by they don't spread it to anyone else after a show, then, eh, I can kind of see it.

But that's a pretty big if that relies on all the talent being extremely responsible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm going to watch, and perhaps that makes me part of the problem. I'm an essential worker myself, and AEW has been a big help for my mental health these last few weeks. So long as no one actually gets sick it's kind of easy to tell myself that the risk was small and they didn't hurt anyone, etc.

But frankly, I recognize I'm going to feel awful if someone does, and even more so if someone passes it on to someone else.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Hopefully TNT either provide an out, if indeed TNT ARE holding them to the contract, or embarrass them (much like USA and FOX did to WWE) to make it clear that it isn't their choose.

I'm fairly certain TNT would hold them to their contract. Like, I would imagine if AEW chose not to tape as the pandemic was ramping up, and didn't have the ability to air shows at the height of this wave of the pandemic, I would think they would be understanding. But in the months/years to come, at some point I would imagine TNT isn't going to keep paying them tens of millions or whatever it is for absolutely nothing. The reality is, this pandemic is probably a longer term issue so going on hiatus in the short-term may be an option, but it's not a solution. Whether we like it or not, for many companies (not exclusive to AEW) to remain viable, they're going to have to continue functioning in some limited way throughout this pandemic, even if there are some risks associated with it.

I don't think anyone should feel "good" about enjoying a wrestling show that's taped during the pandemic, just like we shouldn't feel "good" about sports starting back up when they inevitably do. I enjoy it, it's been a necessary distraction for me, but I'm admittedly selfish in saying that. It's obviously not essential, just like much of the things we think are important. But I ask myself two things:

1. does this appreciably affect the pandemic itself? To that, the answer is no. When much/most of the country is on the verge of lifting some restrictions and will undoubtedly continue to do so if possible, whether or not AEW, WWE, or any pro sports leagues continues on without fans isn't going to make an appreciable difference on the widespread pandemic.

2. does it put the workers at risk? Undoubtedly, yes, but this is where there is a risk/benefit calculation. The wrestlers, just like employees of different companies all over the country, are left with the unfortunate reality that they are going to take some risk to continue to work, so that they can continue to get paid. This is where the individual worker is going to have to decide that the (likely small) risk to themselves is worth it, and they're going to have to act responsibly to protect others. This is not unique to wrestling. And that's me included. I'm a health care worker, for my typical job description, I didn't exactly sign up for a job that exposes me to a potentially deadly virus, but that's the reality I'm stuck with if I want to keep working this job. And I'm going to have to avoid my family/friends for the foreseeable future.

I don't feel bad for the billionaires- in reality, pandemic or not, the Khans and McMahons of the world can and should do more to help the population at large. They should probably be paying their wrestlers more, they certainly should be providing them with health insurance, etc. They could easily shut down and pay everyone and still live comfortably. But i also live in reality. No companies are going to do that, so I'm not going to hold wrestling to an imaginary standard that nobody is going to live up to, nor am I going to expect that AEW would potentially go out of business to make a moral statement in response to the pandemic (never mind that going out of business causes a bunch of people, besides just the wrestlers, to lose their jobs).

I don't blame anyone for not liking the empty arena shows, I don't blame anyone for being uncomfortable with what's to come, but a lot of the black and white thinking I see going on drives me crazy.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
2. does it put the workers at risk? Undoubtedly, yes, but this is where there is a risk/benefit calculation. The wrestlers, just like employees of different companies all over the country, are left with the unfortunate reality that they are going to take some risk to continue to work, so that they can continue to get paid. This is where the individual worker is going to have to decide that the (likely small) risk to themselves is worth it, and they're going to have to act responsibly to protect others. This is not unique to wrestling. And that's me included. I'm a health care worker, for my typical job description, I didn't exactly sign up for a job that exposes me to a potentially deadly virus, but that's the reality I'm stuck with if I want to keep working this job. And I'm going to have to avoid my family/friends for the foreseeable future.
This is something I can empathize with. I provide IT support for a sheriff's office. We handle 9-1-1 dispatch, run a correctional facility, and a few other things. I'm the exposure risk to our inmates or dispatchers when I have to work throughout the facility, which is different to how it is for healthcare workers, but I'm considered essential (and I don't argue with that, as I've lost count of how many video conferences I've facilitated, and laptops I've configured so other people can work from home etc).

But I can empathize with people who have been told that what they do isn't essential, and the desire to pushback on that.

One of my creeds I try to live by is to have no guilty pleasures. If I like something, I will stand up for it, without making excuses for it. Wrestling has always posed somewhat of a challenge there.

I can't say wrestling is essential, and I can't pretend it hasn't always carried with it a human cost. I can say that I'm grateful that its there though, but at the same time, I care about the performers and don't want to see them hurt, sick, or whatever. But then I don't want to see them out of work, or for AEW which if nothing else has proven to be a *healthier* place for them to work vanish. AEW has been far from perfect in how it's treated its wrestlers. They've hired some people I wish they hadn't. But it's demonstrably a much better place to work than WWE, and I think its fair to say that wrestlers are benefitting from it existing.

It quite easily could have gone the way of the XFL if they hadn't renegotiated the deal earlier this year. I'm very glad its still around.

I just hope it doesn't bring with it too much of a cost.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jericho co-hosting The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs tonight, they're watching Bloodsucking Freaks.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
ZDSe8uv.jpg

Spent some time in Animal Crossing today making an AEW logo for customizing the in-game ring. Figured I'd toss it here if anyone wants it :)

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
The way I am reading this is that they plan on doing a live show and then taping stuff for future content. If they do that once a month I have no problems with it. This way at least you can keep the product somewhat fresh while this covid thing is going on.

I also believe that they want to do some live tapings to introduce new talent. You can only have so many matches between the ten same people. Plus I believe this is their way of starting the Revival/young bucks storyline.

Plus it's the wrestlers choice. Nobody is forcing them to go to the tapings. If most of the guys and girls want to do it why try to stop them? Everyone can make their own decisions. Nobody is being punished for not showing up.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Sean Ross Sapp says every AEW employee he's talked to has praised Tony Khan for how he's been going about things during Covid.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The way I am reading this is that they plan on doing a live show and then taping stuff for future content. If they do that once a month I have no problems with it. This way at least you can keep the product somewhat fresh while this covid thing is going on.

I also believe that they want to do some live tapings to introduce new talent. You can only have so many matches between the ten same people. Plus I believe this is their way of starting the Revival/young bucks storyline.

Plus it's the wrestlers choice. Nobody is forcing them to go to the tapings. If most of the guys and girls want to do it why try to stop them? Everyone can make their own decisions. Nobody is being punished for not showing up.

I think you make a lot of good points.

It gets lost in the moral hysteria over all of this that they're actually letting people choose to stay home and continue getting paid if they're not comfortable working. Like, how many people have jobs like that? I sure don't. The reality is, their job is to be a wrestler. There's no substitute for doing that job in-person. In most walks of life, the only options in that case right now are to continue working, despite the risks, or lose your job. Whether or not wrestling is "essential business," it's still a job to these people, at the end of the day.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
www.wrestlinginc.com

Dustin Rhodes Deletes Post On Wanting End To COVID-19 Lockdown, Says U.S. Is Not A Socialist Nation

AEW star Dustin Rhodes took to his verified Facebook page this week and called on the world, mainly the United States, to end the coronavirus…

"I mean, no doubt we have an epidemic on our hands, and have sustained losses which is sad, but we have to move on with our lives. Take precautions is fine, but end the shutdown please. I CARE ABOUT HUMAN LIFE, GUYS. Jeeze, take precautions, don't go out if you have a comprised immune system. Wear your masks and social distance. Still open up" - dustin rhodes

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not against them filming shows if they want as long as people aren't being forced, caution is used, 2 week stay prior, etc.

But the no fan matches aren't doing for me as a viewer.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
www.wrestlinginc.com

Dustin Rhodes Deletes Post On Wanting End To COVID-19 Lockdown, Says U.S. Is Not A Socialist Nation

AEW star Dustin Rhodes took to his verified Facebook page this week and called on the world, mainly the United States, to end the coronavirus…

"I mean, no doubt we have an epidemic on our hands, and have sustained losses which is sad, but we have to move on with our lives. Take precautions is fine, but end the shutdown please. I CARE ABOUT HUMAN LIFE, GUYS. Jeeze, take precautions, don't go out if you have a comprised immune system. Wear your masks and social distance. Still open up" - dustin rhodes

Dustin has +100000 brownie point with me with how he's handled Sonny and Nyla but this is puzzling.

Honestly it actually very much scares me. People are very antsy, very very antsy. I'm seeing logical people I trust wanting to "return to normal ASAP" and Yea.. I worry we're going to make things worse. Heck today I got an article notification that the WHO says there is no evidence That people can't become reinfected after they recover.

We still don't fully know what we're dealing with and all of this sports stuff ,as much as I love , it is so far down the totem pole

I'm not against them filming shows if they want as long as people aren't being forced, caution is used, 2 week stay prior, etc.

But the no fan matches aren't doing for me as a viewer.

If everything I'm seeing about it being up to the wrestlers choice then I guess I'm not as down on it as most people? Insofar as there was never going to be an option for these people to not run shows until things were 100% safe ( how do we determine that even :/) and fully cover all their employees salaries out of their own pockets so I guess this is the next best thing.

I can't disagree with people who are mad at them

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

I'm about as pro lockdown as you are going to get. I think you are going to start seeing some places reopen with forced facemask wearing throughout the US soon.

I want healthcare officials to make the call and not politicians or business leaders but flattening the curve is not about stopping exposure it's about saving lives by not overwhelming hospitals.
I honestly don't know what the solution is other than contact tracing, massive amounts of testing and laws about good public safety.

Assuming AEW can get testing and can do this safely it's not horrible to tape a months worth of content at a time. I don't think it's a great look, but it's not the worst so long as they are working with health officials and not pressuring anyone to travel who doesn't want to. I mean, empty arena wrestling (and sports in general) is likely to be the norm for the next year+.

I don't honestly know what the "right" answer is for stuff like this. Is June ok? July? I mean these are all arbitrary dates in the future. Unless the answer is no taping until there is herd immunity or a vaccine. But that could be well over a year

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Honestly it actually very much scares me. People are very antsy, very very antsy. I'm seeing logical people I trust wanting to "return to normal ASAP" and Yea.. I worry we're going to make things worse. Heck today I got an article notification that the WHO says there is no evidence That people can't become reinfected after they recover.

I don't disagree entirely, but I think many people who are saying we need to "reopen" aren't saying we need to go back to normal. Dustin clearly isn't saying that either. I mean, even Trump isn't promoting that. I don't think Dustin used his words wisely, and the "we're not socialist" etc stuff is unnecessary. But I don't disagree with the idea that we can and should start to ease some restrictions as things are contained. We're headed to a "new normal," not an indefinite lockdown state.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I don't disagree entirely, but I think many people who are saying we need to "reopen" aren't saying we need to go back to normal. Dustin clearly isn't saying that either. I mean, even Trump isn't promoting that. I don't think Dustin used his words wisely, and the "we're not socialist" etc stuff is unnecessary. But I don't disagree with the idea that we can and should start to ease some restrictions as things are contained. We're headed to a "new normal," not an indefinite lockdown state.
Totally, it's just me be worried as hell that some places are going to try and do too much, too fast, that they'll try and fail to go back to normal rather than move forward w a " new normal". I'm glad CA governor has been zero tolerance with regards to risk.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Penta is having fun.

Our Anna. <3 She's gonna be a good one, y'all. Still really want to see her team with Britt.

Status
Not open for further replies.