• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
So I'm going to ask the terrible question none of us want to ask but needs to be asked:

What do you think the chances are that Blood & Guts gets postponed? With San Fran limiting crowd size, I see New York and NJ doing the same. Theoretically AEW could film controlled studio type shows, but with the way things are trending, I see AEW/WWE being effected and soon.

If there was discussion on this and I missed it I apologize.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wrestling Observer notes that a good crowd is not expected for the tonight's Dynamite episode from the Maverik Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The city does poorly for AEW in streaming and TV pay-per-view, and only part of the building has been opened up for seating.

Guess we might be getting the worst AEW crowd tonight.

Well that sucks. Hope the show is still a banger.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Wrestling Observer notes that a good crowd is not expected for the tonight's Dynamite episode from the Maverik Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The city does poorly for AEW in streaming and TV pay-per-view, and only part of the building has been opened up for seating.

Guess we might be getting the worst AEW crowd tonight.
Could be a sign of things to come, especially if more municipalities enforce crowd size restrictions.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going to ask the terrible question none of us want to ask but needs to be asked:

What do you think the chances are that Blood & Guts gets postponed? With San Fran limiting crowd size, I see New York and NJ doing the same. Theoretically AEW could film controlled studio type shows, but with the way things are trending, I see AEW/WWE being effected and soon.

It's certainly a possibility. Everything's on the table now.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

I think there's a pretty good chance that show gets affected.

Personally, I would rather they postpone that event rather than film without an audience or something. That match is going to be something big for them and I think losing the crowd is really going to take away a lot from it.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'd hate to see the Blood and Guts show canceled, but the health of an entire country and community is more important than a wrestling show.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I'd hate to see the Blood and Guts show canceled, but the health of an entire country and community is more important than a wrestling show.

Absolutely. Venues can be re-booked. I'm expecting a wave of large cities restricting event size in the coming days, so I expect this decision is about to be made for AEW whether they make it for themselves or not.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I think we're heading there. it would suck but public health is more important.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Wednesdayyyy, Am I wrong for thinking a lot of this business is momentum based? Like they can't just months off because of coronavirus right? Surely they would have to do like a super controlled Lucha Underground thing?

Even if it's taped but ehh then of course TNT has to approve everything, sheesh. Just spit balling obvs, I just can't think of anything that's come up in my lifetime that's resulted in such a vast shifting of so many different forms of entertainment media

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
It seemed to me a number of the crowd really didn't like Abadon, maybe I was just mishearing and seeing things that weren't there.
But it came across to me like there was some go away heat with some of the crowd.

I was there in Denver and that's the exact opposite of what the crowd was like.

Her match was the second one after Dynamite went off the air.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like wrestling especially feeds off the crowd reaction so much that having to perform in empty spaces would take away from it, but they probably won't have much of a choice soon.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Empty arenas seem unavoidable at this point. If they want to do the shows, which I suspect they do, they shouldn't travel cross country and stop booking new venues as long as we're in the clear, which I suspect will be months rather than weeks. I hope they get a small NWA Powerrr or Full Sail like studio from TNT, where they can record stuff and which they can make their temporary home.

Dec 29, 2017
If AEW is going to make Matt Hardy the Exalted One, they better hurry up and do it. Imagine Matt Hardy being revealed to an empty arena or small studio.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this could potentially be our last Dynamite in front of a live crowd for a while. The Rochester show is a huge question mark.
as much as i want them to keep going in front of live crowds, it's probably the right decision to refund and do crowdless shows as soon as can be managed. :(

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, in this case they really need to get the Hardy reveal out sooner rather than later. Given how late they seemed to adjust the Archer reveal, if Hardy wasn't planned for tonight perhaps they could be retooling (as long as he's available). And if it doesn't clash with BTE/FTD.

Edit:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, in this case they really need to get the Hardy reveal out sooner rather than later. Given how late they seemed to adjust the Archer reveal, if Hardy wasn't planned for tonight perhaps they could be retooling (as long as he's available). And if it doesn't clash with BTE/FTD

I'd rather it clash with BTE and FTD instead of revealing Matt Hardy to an empty arena.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I could see them debuting Hardy before the final FTD. Whatever state or character he is in at the show, it could build interest in getting the final piece of that puzzle further down the line.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
The problem I see with big spots like the Hardy reveal and the Blood & Guts match is that I expect this to be the last show in front of a crowd and this crisis to last months rather than weeks. You can't stall stuff that long (maybe the B&G match because it exists a bit in a vacuum).

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The one thing with Hardy is that he could provide tons of content that doesn't require an audience, which could be really helpful in the coming months.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I wonder if they are scrambling to change up the show tonight with all the stuff seemingly coming to a head in the next couple of weeks.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Either way it's going to be an interesting time going forward.

I'm kinda preparing myself for some rockier episodes just because this is all gonna be a nightmare to navigate. Not gonna lose my mind if the show dips in quality/hype for a little bit cuz of virus related issues.