• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I was browsing around AEW's shop looking for ANYTHING t-shirt related that didn't look ridiculous and came up empty. :/
I own this shirt:

aew1064-1_1_1.png

One of the few wrestling related t-shirts I'd feel somewhat comfortable wearing in public

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
"You mean book you badly?

"I guess that's why they call him Fat Hardy."

Bucks meta commentary is often entertaining. That was good. One to go.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Between BTE and this newest episode focusing on Nick's sunglasses, I'm predicting something happens to him and only Matt escaped. The Exalted One reveal must be next week, as that will be the final episode of FTD. Excited!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Cutler needs weighted dice so every roll he makes plays directly into the match.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm thinking Matt will be revealed on the blood and guts ppv.

That way they can finish the free the delete videos and then after the B&G match and both the inner circle and the elite are destroyed from the battle, the Dark Order can come out with Matt and lay waste to everyone.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina

It would never happen because of how much this has been teased and it would be too much of a let-down for the wider audience, but man, if they would've kept this thing low-key and had Danhausen actually have been The Exalted One, that would've been professional wrestling at its finest. I would've marked out hard for that.

Chuckie T starts to say the s-word on TV, then the Dark Order jump him because Danhausen doesn't allow cussing.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
This video now available. Tony Schiavone and Jenn Decker breaking down what's coming up. Tony is such a natural. Would love to hang with him and just talk about something like stuff he likes to cook.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Abadon has two choice:

She can either join Dark Order or join Death Triangle and turn it into Death Square.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I'm not so sure about this guy. Mind you, this is the first thing I've ever seen from him.

I love Danhausen, but I'm not sure that his gimmick would work on a nationally televised product. At local shows he's absolutely incredible. He has one of the best comedy gimmicks I think I've ever watched. He was at a Black Label Pro show I was at and it was absolutely amazing.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
First time poster in here, AEW has been a great kickoff for a lapsed wrestling viewer since the Taker v Mankind days.

The appeal of not requiring years of lore got me interested in starting anew and I'm glad to head into the 2nd arc/era of title holders now.

Abadon really left an impression and my dream booking is...

Abadon vs Yuka
Just imagine the hilarious expressions Yuka will make throughout that encounter.

Welcome aboard buddy, enjoy the wild ride each week with us.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person here who wasn't wowed by Abadon? Her look is obviously killer, but she didn't do anything in the ring that made me think "oh hell yeah, they need her right away!". Maybe I was going in with higher expectations after seeing people's reactions, since I didn't watch Dark till this morning, but she just seemed...ok.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Am I the only person here who wasn't wowed by Abadon? Her look is obviously killer, but she didn't do anything in the ring that made me think "oh hell yeah, they need her right away!". Maybe I was going in with higher expectations after seeing people's reactions, since I didn't watch Dark till this morning, but she just seemed...ok.

It's her look that made people like her.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I'd be okay with Brodie Lee being The Exalted One as long as Matt Hardy is leading this creatively and has a big role in the story. The Young Buck will have to have a role to play, possibly with them joining The Dark Order post Blood & Guts. Maybe show them slowly being corrupted and being excessively violent at B&G. Then it could lead to Kenny and Hangman taking on The Dark Order.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017

Ok is a start. LOL
A lot of the fun of the match also came from Shida's reactions and those would eventually wear off once Abadon would fight women multiple times. Still, it is a memorable look and the gimmick lends itself to set up multiple storylines which the women need badly. You can start as a monster that creeps out the faces, maybe transition into an uneasy tag team with somebody until they become friends and once you turn her face she can creep out the heels. A match against Dr. Britt Baker down the road would be money in my book for example. I honestly could see that entertaining us with little segments for weeks.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
With the virus now claiming virtually all my other hobbies, I'm gonna force myself to really enjoy tonight's show, even if it's just ok again.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
It seemed to me a number of the crowd really didn't like Abadon, maybe I was just mishearing and seeing things that weren't there.
But it came across to me like there was some go away heat with some of the crowd.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
It seemed to me a number of the crowd really didn't like Abadon, maybe I was just mishearing and seeing things that weren't there.
But it came across to me like there was some go away heat with some of the crowd.

With Dark, it's hard to gauge fan reactions. You're literally seeing a combination of matches that happened at the beginning of the show and after the main event. So, sometimes you see a match and think the crowd is dead, but that's just because they've sat through 3+ hours of wrestling, and however long else traveling.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Go-away heat would be weird in this case, but I could see people not liking her wrestling while acknowledging her character work.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Wrestling Observer notes that a good crowd is not expected for the tonight's Dynamite episode from the Maverik Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.

The city does poorly for AEW in streaming and TV pay-per-view, and only part of the building has been opened up for seating.

Guess we might be getting the worst AEW crowd tonight.