• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm sure somebody's already mentioned it but 7 hours ago AEWs YouTube page posted a thank you for reaching 1 million subscribers. A couple hours later on Monday Night Raw, WWE posted a graphic saying they've reached 40 billion views on YouTube. Stay classy WWE.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Hangman cares. Best storyline in wrestling right now.
Yeah, that part was really good. I think for Blood and Guts it's going to partly be Nick that convinces him to join the team, that or The Inner Circle finally targets him. I kind of wish they hadn't already announced Blood and Guts since they have to build this storyline quick. When was the last time Cody wrestled alongside another member of The Elite?

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I thought she got signed by AEW?

Yeah, I feel a bit bad for her because she was really looking forward to working for them, but instead one of those jobs went to DDP's daughter, who does a good job, too. It probably was never going to be anything full term anyway, they kind of did the same deal with Chris van Vliet who also appeared just once so far. It was the early days and AEW gladly did the cross promotion with those Youtubers. Ultimately I don't mind because AEW really found their groove with non wrestling staff. It's just a bit sad for Alicia because a regular gig on that scale definitely would have helped her career.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found out Hangman is a Bernie Bro.

7a4bUql.gif

Are the young bucks the same?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Free The Delete more than doubled in popularity with the Young Bucks appearance. The first few episodes have under 100,000 views. Matt Hardy getting that AEW bump and will hopefully give AEW that Matt Hardy bump.

lsbTRU6.png

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Just finished watching and it was really interesting.

Best/worst part was JR talking about his treatment by vince and specifically about the segment of them pulling the head out of his ass and he was in intensive care when it aired and his wife was crying to him, trying to explain the segment to him.

He had a tough line about the whole thing with "it's like loving a woman but she doesn't live you back". Absolutely terrible how Vince decides to treat some people but I suppose that's been known for years.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Just finished watching and it was really interesting.

Best/worst part was JR talking about his treatment by vince and specifically about the segment of them pulling the head out of his ass and he was in intensive care when it aired and his wife was crying to him, trying to explain the segment to him.

He had a tough line about the whole thing with "it's like loving a woman but she doesn't live you back". Absolutely terrible how Vince decides to treat some people but I suppose that's been known for years.

yeah, great episode with JR. AEW is lucky to have the GOAT on the mic, he's really helped elevate talent with his commentary so far

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine Jake's guy is Brian Cage. He's the only person of the un-debuted people that would be a good fit for a main event run.

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't he just undergone surgery and also hasn't actually signed with AEW yet?
Lance Archer seems more likely to me.
That would be cool, but I thought he was still nursing and recovering from an injury of some sort.
Oh yeah, forgot he had the all-too-common steroids gone wild tear. Still, he's on steroids recovering so it might be soon. You never know!

Man, I just don't see Archer as a main event dude, but if anyone can give him the opportunity, AEW could do it. He does great in New Japan but he's a far cry from a main event talent there, which is what I'm basing it on.

Oct 25, 2017
WOAH. I am fucking here for this look.

Sidenote: I really , really want AEW to sign Danhausen as in the past few weeks since Cody has mentioned wanting to get him and Warhorse, I have become an unabashed fanhausen.
Danhausen is great. Whenever you hear a bunch of old heads hating someone as much as they hate Danhausen, you know you're on to something good that engages younger folks and open minded individuals and can actually make something newhausen.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I feel a bit bad for her because she was really looking forward to working for them, but instead one of those jobs went to DDP's daughter, who does a good job, too. It probably was never going to be anything full term anyway, they kind of did the same deal with Chris van Vliet who also appeared just once so far. It was the early days and AEW gladly did the cross promotion with those Youtubers. Ultimately I don't mind because AEW really found their groove with non wrestling staff. It's just a bit sad for Alicia because a regular gig on that scale definitely would have helped her career.

Pre-Double or Nothing AEW basically hired everyone lol. In the end hard decisions has to be made, including putting in Alicia's spot to Dallas' Daughter so he can be happy in AEW and keep working there. Shit happens.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Who are other POC wrestlers that are currently available and would be good gets for AEW? It's weird that there isn't one POC male singles star in the company.

I'm assuming we'll see more AAA representation at some point in 2020 to help with this, and it's nice to see the diversity in the women's division already, but we're still a far cry from where we should probably be.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Who are other POC wrestlers that are currently available and would be good gets for AEW? It's weird that there isn't one POC male singles star in the company.

I'm assuming we'll see more AAA representation at some point in 2020 to help with this, and it's nice to see the diversity in the women's division already, but we're still a far cry from where we should probably be.

Cobb, which we know they are interested in. Can't think of anyone else I have seen recently.

I'd be into Gresham but he has an ROH contract.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-Double or Nothing AEW basically hired everyone lol. In the end hard decisions has to be made, including putting in Alicia's spot to Dallas' Daughter so he can be happy in AEW and keep working there. Shit happens.

It probably makes sense, too because I read/heard AEW production is in a space they rent from DDP, so if his daughter lives nearby using her is more flexible and cost effective than to fly somebody in from Canada.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Cobb, which we know they are interested in. Can't think of anyone else I have seen recently.

I'd be into Gresham but he has an ROH contract.

Oh yeah, Gresham would be a fantastic get. Otherwise, who's out there?...

ACH (free styling right now, no? But not sure of the Bucks' relationship with him)
Jay Lethal (probably ROH for life, and has some unfavourable stories surrounding him despite seeming like a natural babyface on screen)
Willie Mack (Impact...probably locked in)

An Asian male singles star would also be great if they could lure in some Japanese stars, but most of the really good ones are with New Japan, I suppose.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh yeah, Gresham would be a fantastic get. Otherwise, who's out there?...

ACH (free styling right now, no? But not sure of the Bucks' relationship with him)
Jay Lethal (probably ROH for life, and has some unfavourable stories surrounding him despite seeming like a natural babyface on screen)
Willie Mack (Impact...probably locked in)

An Asian male singles star would also be great if they could lure in some Japanese stars, but most of the really good ones are with New Japan, I suppose.

They might need to take chances with greener people and hope to develop them. The more well known talent just seems to be locked up in contracts.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Journalism? I thought he taught Graphic Design?

old.reddit.com

TIL Adam "Hangman" Page used to teach graphic design at a Virginia high school

Posted in r/SquaredCircle by u/jrhwriting • 736 points and 177 comments
He taught both.
I taught graphic design and journalism classes for five years in Halifax County, Virginia. Teaching was a great experience, but it was pretty brutal to wrestle Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, get together lesson plans, and then teach the next week. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to pursue wrestling full-time, but I like the idea of going back one day.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I don't know if this is true but last year I remember hearing that Sanada was working NJPW as a free agent.

If that is still going on I would make a strong effort to bring him to AEW.