• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I'm not super into the Elite being up against the Inner Circle for Blood and Guts (although by all accounts they were clearly setting this up last week). I'd much rather have it be Mox, Darby, and some other folks, but I'm still looking forward to the match. The potential for tension between Page and the Bucks makes for an interesting sub plot, so we'll see how it goes.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Does it bother anyone that there's nothing on the line? Still excited to see the match, but I don't really see what Jericho, Sammy, Hager, and Cody really get out of it. This really only (potentially) helps the tag teams along in terms of story. And it adds nothing of substance to anyone's records. We still have a couple weeks though so I'm not really going to complain too much.

Well, it's a grudge match. The Elite are trying to settle the score with the Inner Circle, who won the first battle in the fall. I think this gives the Inner Circle their comeuppance and it's the big victory everybody has wanted the Elite to have. Doesn't really need to have any more purpose than that.

I think you can quibble about how they got to this match, but I think it's clearly been the long-term plan to have Elite vs IC blow off in a War Games match.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Well I said Matt Jackson should be Page's tag partner but now I feel like it should be Mox that fills in for Kenny.

- Gives them chance to tease Mox/Page
- Can work into another Mox/Omega match
- Not picking Matt J. furthers Page/Elite
- Furthers Mox/Circle
- Go with Mox and if Kenny isn't cleared for B&G then Mox can take his place, you can also tease Mox/Cody.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I wonder what the women's division would look like if kylie rae never left.

I'm going to be honest- probably not too much different. They'd have one more capable worker, but I don't have any reason to believe she is the difference between the featuring the women more and not. I think they just haven't had plans to put a spotlight on their women to this point. I think if anything may have changed their plans and caused them to feature the women less, it's that they may have expected to be able to bring in more joshi more easily than they have.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well I said Matt Jackson should be Page's tag partner but now I feel like it should be Mox that fills in for Kenny.

- Gives them chance to tease Mox/Page
- Can work into another Mox/Omega match
- Not picking Matt J. furthers Page/Elite
- Furthers Mox/Circle
- Go with Mox and if Kenny isn't cleared for B&G then Mox can take his place, you can also tease Mox/Cody.
i like this a lot.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Checked since it looked familiar. That's not a new place it's QT and Glacier's school 1 Fall Power Factory where AEW has taped stuff before. Cody bought part of it and owns it with QT now so he's rebranded it. QT updated his twitter bio to reflect the new name. Not sure if Glacier is still involved. Their site still reflects the old name and stuff.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Checked since it looked familiar. That's not a new place it's QT and Glacier's school 1 Fall Power Factory where AEW has taped stuff before. Cody bought part of it and owns it with QT now so he's rebranded it. QT updated his twitter bio to reflect the new name. Not sure if Glacier is still involved. Their site still reflects the old name and stuff.
I posted it because he put a date on when they are opening to the public. They are probably going to change the site and do a new domain and all. Should be good for the people in AEW and also possibly training new people as well.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Buzzards
Three chartreuse buzzards
Sitting in a dead tree
Follow the buzzards

tumblr_oet8umCIyg1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

WWE trying to take Blood and Guts back? Trademark thing? PR thing?

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still holding out for Marty. They might still be able to go with the original plan. He's clearly busier than he would've been if he signed with AEW, but if he is allowed to work with them at all, maybe he just needed the time to settle into his new position which just postponed the entire thing. Tony Khan describes TDO as an "evil corporation" and all this bird imagery could just as well fit with his theming as well. Maybe TDO is a subsidiary of Villain Enterprises. 😂

I know it's a bit pie in the sky, and would be far more limited than it could've been, but that would be an amazing swerve.

Don't mind me fantasybooking over here in the corner, though.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be honest- probably not too much different. They'd have one more capable worker, but I don't have any reason to believe she is the difference between the featuring the women more and not. I think they just haven't had plans to put a spotlight on their women to this point. I think if anything may have changed their plans and caused them to feature the women less, it's that they may have expected to be able to bring in more joshi more easily than they have.

Kylie's a very good worker who specializes in carrying folks in matches, does great character work, and has some rare gifts for a babyface in 2020 in terms of making the crowd like her and getting sympathy.

I always saw it as KR being able to carry a feud with someone like Penelope Ford in the women's midcard and that would have given the division a lot more focus. Also it would have been obvious they had something with her (she's really over in Chicago) and they would have worked to feature her on the show and build her up.

Anyway, hopefully AEW does finally get a long-term plan in place to build up their own stars in their division and develop a lot of the very promising women's wrestlers out on the indies.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not super into the Elite being up against the Inner Circle for Blood and Guts (although by all accounts they were clearly setting this up last week). I'd much rather have it be Mox, Darby, and some other folks, but I'm still looking forward to the match. The potential for tension between Page and the Bucks makes for an interesting sub plot, so we'll see how it goes.

Honestly it doesn't feel to me like they've built to Inner Circle vs The Elite. They still have time to build and I'm sure they'll do something interesting but it definitely feels like this match should've been Inner Circle vs Mox, Darby, Dustin, Page and either Omega or Matt Jackson.
I'm still holding out for Marty. They might still be able to go with the original plan. He's clearly busier than he would've been if he signed with AEW, but if he is allowed to work with them at all, maybe he just needed the time to settle into his new position which just postponed the entire thing. Tony Khan describes TDO as an "evil corporation" and all this bird imagery could just as well fit with his theming as well. Maybe TDO is a subsidiary of Villain Enterprises. 😂

I know it's a bit pie in the sky, and would be far more limited than it could've been, but that would be an amazing swerve.

Don't mind me fantasybooking over here in the corner, though.

Honestly, I don't see them working with Marty until he's a free agent again. They seem to want to focus on their own talent as I want to say someone from AAA recently commented on this. Obviously Kenny is still a AAA champ but outside of that one Dark match with Jack Evans it's barely been acknowledged on AEW so for whatever reason AEW has soured on that relationship and they seem to begrudgingly make deals with their own people to let them work Japan and I say begrudgingly as they seem to view guys like Moxley & Jericho working there as only benefiting NJPW & not AEW.

Basically my point being that if AEW doesn't see the benefit in working with major international wrestling companies then I have a hard time believing they would have any interest in working with any domestic wrestling companies.

Imagine if they ate burgers that were better than mediocre?

BTW what's going on with Jeff Cobb? Is he just waiting for NJPW to start back up? I wonder what NJPW's schedule will be when they do start back up? I say that as the corona situation has only gotten worse though in Japan maybe it hasn't gotten worse?

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
BTW what's going on with Jeff Cobb? Is he just waiting for NJPW to start back up? I wonder what NJPW's schedule will be when they do start back up? I say that as the corona situation has only gotten worse though in Japan maybe it hasn't gotten worse?
My guess is he's not in any rush to sign for anyone at the moment unless NJPW were to offer him a full time contract. More likely than not he has a bunch of commitments already and is playing wait and see about what's going on with New Japan Cup and probably wants to work that Wrestle Dynasty card at MSG which if signed to AEW he wouldn't be allowed to do. Dude's got options and has time to let them play out.