• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 10, 2018
I think except maybe Riho and Baker, all AEW women are nerds. We got Dragon Ball gear, X Men gear, a freaking alien, a magical girl, a fucking cosplayer with all the merch, Mortal Kombat...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Jan 10, 2018
"For me, the simplicity of a great game engine, that's easy functioning and easy to use," Matt Jackson said. "Like, some of the stuff nowadays, to me, it seems like it's almost too overly elaborate. I'm just not into it.

"Honestly, I've played a few of the new ones, they're too hard," he added. "I don't know if that just makes me seem like I'm an old dinosaur now and it's like, "Oh, I like the games how they used to be," but God, I don't know, man. I don't know if it's me romanticizing and being nostalgic about the games I played when I was a kid."

---

Matt is gonna play again when AEW game hits

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Bucks are nerds. They come in Street Fighter gear. Jericho?
That is kind of why I have the Bucks in a "maybe"

They are very much on record as not being gamers and a lot of off the cuff comments seem to completely go over their heads. Maybe that is a bit, but their history makes me more inclined to think they just are tangentially aware of stuff for their kids and mostly embrace the nerdier side of things because their friends (Kenny and Cody) want to and because they know it is profitable as all hell for their brand.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Mox was talking about how he watched Batman vs. TMNT like a bunch of times over and over again a few months ago. He's a nerd!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Jake Roberts on the art of the promo from Talk Is Jericho

"To do a promo right, you gotta believe what you say. First thing you never do is say something you cant deliver in the match, like "I'm gonna kill you" or "I'm gonna take your eyeballs out and swallow them". Where did you bury the others?How many have you swallowed so far? Once you destroy that, once you destroy that with a fan, you're mush. Keep it real."

"You don't look at the camera, you look through it. If you're cutting a promo on somebody, a fan, you look through them. Here's how I learned to do it. When I was a kid I was being sexually abused, and when you're a kid and that is happening to you, you learn to lie, because your life is on the line. You gotta learn to read people, cos you wanna be able to read that person, to see what kind of mood they're in, what can I say to keep them from doing what she does. And how can I get out of this unscathed. I think I gained a lot of my ability from having to deal with that. When your nuts are on the line, you're gonna get a promo out there that makes them believe what you're saying. You gotta say it and believe it."

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm thinking either one of the bucks will be hangman's tag partner or it will be just him since he believes he took out both bucks on his own.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I'm guessing the direction is Hangman plus mystery partner wins, and that leads to further tensions between Page and Kenny. Page will be picking his own partner, whereas he's been a reluctant partner to Kenny all along...

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hangman isnt the same guy he was when he challenged Jericho for the title too, curious if that plays a role as well.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I predict Darby will be Hangman's partner. That means that it will probably actually be someone that no one expects.
I don't see why Hangman would pick Darby but he has plenty of motivation to take on Jericho and Sammy again. Though I can easily seeing Hangman accidentally buckshotting Darby and removing him from the picture. I think Nick Jackson would be a better choice storywise, if he's available by then. They can work it as Nick wanting to do right by Hangman and try to make up for Matt's behavior. Of course Hangman will probably pull some shit and throw more gas on the fire. Kenny comes back to things being even more of a mess and maybe reaches his breaking point.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why Hangman would pick Darby but has plenty of motivation to take on Jericho and Sammy again. Though I can easily seeing Hangman accidentally buckshotting Darby and removing him from the picture. I think Nick Jackson would be a better choice storywise, if he's available by then. They can work it as Nick wanting to do right by Hangman and try to make up for Matt's behavior. Of course Hangman will probably pull some shit and throw more gas on the fire. Kenny comes back to things being even more of a mess and maybe reaches his breaking point.

Mox or Darby for revenge from last week

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's like when they turn botches into storylines. They can't keep getting away with it.
I think they can, they have shown that they are capable of logical, well thought out story telling and have so far adapted to any real criticisms or unexpected events that have propped up.

It probably just feels like they can't because Vince and WWE have done such a terrible job of their booking for over a decade and haven't learned any lessons in that time.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He picks Matt or Nick Jackson and ditches them midmatch.

Ideally he'd pick someone that he really hits it off with, but I can't think of anyone on the roster now that would be a good fit.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Me and the fam watched three straight episodes of Dynamite today (starting with the ep where Mox fought Ortiz) as I play catch up after missing a month and change of AEW.

Tomorrow we're gonna watch the go home Dynamite and FINALLY Revolution. lol

Good, good shit. Helluva set of episodes.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted to say Matt Jackson would be his partner especially if Nick is out again this week since it would give Matt something to do and further their story a bit. But I can't see why Hangman would choose Matt as his partner. Doesn't really make sense.

Archer debuting here would be cool even though having him do his own thing would be better. But if he came in as a face, basically wins the match for them and has Hangman questioning if Archer would be a better partner for him, that could be pretty neat too. Plus mystery partners are always pretty hype if it's someone new.

It'll probably be someone random though.