• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017

If OC gets his own theme they need to license "Jane" by Starship. He had it on the indies. It's too perfect. He needs it back. Break out the checkbook, Tony.

Heh, I kind of wondered if the OC character was partly based off of Paul Rudd's character in Wet Hot American Summer. Didn't realize he used this song as an entrance theme. Makes sense!

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I still can't get over how wild it is that I am actually invested in this. I was a lapsed fan of like 10 years at least and maaan The hype level I have for this Wednesday's episode is through the roof. I was super excited for the premiere obviously but that they have gotten me to the point where I am genuinely excited for a pay-per-view postmortem? A pay-per-view that I actually bought? In 2020? Feels great

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I still can't get over how wild it is that I am actually invested in this. I was a lapsed fan of like 10 years at least and maaan The hype level I have for this Wednesday's episode is through the roof. I was super excited for the premiere obviously but that they have gotten me to the point where I am genuinely excited for a pay-per-view postmortem? A pay-per-view that I actually bought? In 2020? Feels great
tenor.gif

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I dont have a problem with Cody's tattoo in style (I actually like the Nightmare logo) but in size and location. Huge ass tattoos in the neck look weird, and this one would be better in the arm or in the chest imho. Even this logo would be good in the neck if it wasnt that huge, it just looks out of place.
I will get used to it, but in a first look was a bit jarring.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Dark already aired on Friday...
Britt vs Alize
Luther vs Kiss
Spears/Cutler vs Private Party
Dark ORder vs Nakazawa and Avalon

Forgot about that LOL. No surprise with that lineup.

I know before Revolution they had a tag match. Riho and Yuka vs Britt and Penelope. Not sure if it's gonna be shown on Tuesday or not though.

I hope so. The women got screwed with at Revolution. They could have done a Britt vs Yuka rematch on the Buy In at least.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I hope so. The women got screwed with at Revolution. They could have done a Britt vs Yuka rematch on the Buy In at least.
My biggest gripe with AEW will always be that the women's division is their lowest priority by a good margin. "Revolution" my ass.

Men's Tag Team Division ---> Men's Singles Division ------------------------------------------------------> Women Division

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
God I loved the awkward interactions with Sammy Guevara and everyone while constantly referencing and showing the INSANE superkick to the face lol. (on BTE, I mean)

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Revolution was great and well worth the money.

Is there any big things happening on US TV on Wednesday night? I can see AEW going over 900k and nxt dropping under 700k.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the OC highlights, what a treasure he is. And what a treasure Pac is, too. And what a treasure AEW is for letting this absolutely stupid shit go down and that goes double for the crowd.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says the B/R Live and FITE PPV numbers for Revolution were up from the last PPV. About 10% higher on B/R Live. No firm number overall yet though.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Dave says the B/R Live and FITE PPV numbers for Revolution were up from the last PPV. About 10% higher on B/R Live. No firm number overall yet though.

Fite is gonna be up 200% because everyone on Era VPN'd it. (hey, it's not like I bought the cheap seats for the Rochester show)

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
i'm very curious if Daniel Bryan someday will take the plunge. how long is his last contract supposed to be?

He's on a reality show with his wife for them and WWE opens a lot of doors for her and her sister. He now also has some creative input and the money must be good, so why would he leave?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
He's on a reality show with his wife for them and WWE opens a lot of doors for her and her sister. He now also has some creative input and the money must be good, so why would he leave?
While I've no doubt that Daniel will stay with WWE forever (or until they stop letting him wrestle again), Mox's wife is also in a similar position and she's fine while he's off being happy in AEW.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
While I've no doubt that Daniel will stay with WWE forever (or until they stop letting him wrestle again), Mox's wife is also in a similar position and she's fine while he's off being happy in AEW.

True, but it's much easier to drop somebody while she's benefitting from you while not being directly employed than sabotaging an employee.
As long as Total Bellas is still a thing I think leaving is out of the question, and they have two more seasons already planned out with the dual pregnancies. ;)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He says he thinks it will come in around 100k but he doesn't have traditional PPV numbers. Says the loss of ITV Box Office probably kept them from a higher number.
ITV Box office was a big pile of wank and caused many problems over multiple PPVs so I wouldnt be surprised if most UK people just used FiteTV (or PS4 for Revolution).

I have bought a few PPVs for AEW now and even though I tried to twice with ITV, not once were they able to actually deliver.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

If OC gets his own theme they need to license "Jane" by Starship. He had it on the indies. It's too perfect. He needs it back. Break out the checkbook, Tony.

Well, and I like that OC largely zero'd in on Andy's lethargy and cool guy-ness from Wet Hot and not the fact that Andy is a dick. lol. It would be so great if AEW pony'd up the money for this song but I doubt that will happen.
The women got screwed with at Revolution. They could have done a Britt vs Yuka rematch on the Buy In at least.

I thought Britt looked good on the most recent Dark. I genuinely wonder if her new gimmick has boosted her confidence because her movements/actions didn't look stilted or hesitant like is often the case with her. A match with her on the Buy in would've been nice.
While I agree in concept, I'm not going to complain about seeing less Britt.

I'm generally with you but I thought she looked good in her most recent match on Dark and her promos have been solid as of late so I would be interested in seeing more of her.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I'm generally with you but I thought she looked good in her most recent match on Dark and her promos have been solid as of late so I would be interested in seeing more of her.
She's a solid wrestler, I disagree with you about her promos though. Her first promo when she did her heel turn was alright but she just doesn't seem to be able to think of anything other than her two talking points of "I'm a role model, Tony used to work in Starbucks" and it has already gotten boring and repetitive. And her Jericho Cruise promo was awful. To the point where they seemingly cut it off.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I am now 100% convinced. The Elite pay attention to social media, if Hardy wasn't going to happen (or anytime soon) they would have done a joke about it in BTE like with Marty Scurll.
Not to mention Tony Khan's awkward on-the-spot response to a Matt Hardy question at the media scrum. He might as well have just said "yeah he's signed but I don't want to ruin the surprise."

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
She's a solid wrestler, I disagree with you about her promos though. Her first promo when she did her heel turn was alright but she just doesn't seem to be able to think of anything other than her two talking points of "I'm a role model, Tony used to work in Starbucks" and it has already gotten boring and repetitive. And her Jericho Cruise promo was awful. To the point where they seemingly cut it off.

So, her first heel promo and the Jericho cruise promo are one in the same and yes that promo was bad. No arguing that really (though Tony's reaction to her Starbucks comment was gold. Dude did his best to get that promo over). Also her being cut off was incorporated into her promo the following week so even if it was cut short for being bad they still did something with that with her being pissed at JR for cutting her off.

Having said that, I would argue that literally every promo she's done since that first one has not only been progressively better but even just her second heel promo (the aforementioned one where she yells at JR) was significantly better than the first. And the live crowds have been eating them up (unlike with the first one). I can speak to this as someone who was at the Cleveland show as that crowd was chanting "Pittsburgh sucks" and people yelling things like "I don't floss" during her promo that she ended with big boos from the crowd when she said that Cleveland "finally has a Baker they can believe in". So no doubt that first promo was bad but she has quickly gotten so much better with them.

Also, I do think the new gimmick has boosted her confidence because compare the most recent time she sat at the commentators desk with the first time she did it and the difference is night and day (largely because she actually talked. lol)

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018

Man you get bored quickly

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Wondering if there were so many heel wins and faces not getting exactly what they wanted at PPV because they're gonna put all the feuds in Blood & Guts.

Dustin didn't get his revenge.
Darby got the win but didn't get to murder Sammy.
Cody lost to MJF.

Cody, Dustin, Darby +2 vs MJF, Sammy, Hager +2

Who are the other two?

Maybe put Jericho and Mox in there and use this match to write Jericho off TV for his tour?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I hope to see MJF re-unite with his father Colt Cabana in AEW :')

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel the same about Britt as Hangman
They both seemed pretty awkward in the ring and their both whole schticks put me on snooze watch, but since Hangman's drinking thing and the split from the Elite & Britt turning into a total dickhead, they're entertaining me a lot more - also both of them seem much more comfortable and competent in the ring.

No complaints here - I'm really glad TNC got dropped too. AEW is improving their faults, in my opinion.

Now we just need to focus on the women's division, stop the weird sexual harassment shit and drop Hager.

Deleted member 34788

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
i'm very curious if Daniel Bryan someday will take the plunge. how long is his last contract supposed to be?

Dunno about the contract length, but I don't see him going to aew before he hangs up the boots.

He kinda made his nest in WWE with the extra shows and all and with how injured he got, it's better of he enjoys his time left in wrestling whilst collecting an enormous paycheck.

Oh and yes,yes I know punk is relatively happy with the wwe back stage presenting gig, but seeing your former best mate who you had a massive falling out with debut on a bigger stage, in your hometown, definitely smarts. Colt kinda got the last laugh out of the beef they once had.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Britt's issue is AEW expected her to be able to go in and work matches with joshi wrestlers and work other styles that are way out of her comfort zone instead of playing to her strengths.

When she can work her type of match she's solid. Doing things she's not comfortable with is a recipe for her to fail.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
twitter.com

All Elite Wrestling on Twitter

“Following #AEWRevolution we have a huge grudge tag team match signed for this week’s #AEWDynamite from Denver w/ New AEW World Champ Jon Moxley & Darby Allin vs Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara Get your tickets now at https://t.co/UN1cNj1kQq or watch 8/7c on @tntdrama”

Finally getting that Mox/Darby tag team.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I really hope we start seeing more attention paid to building the women's division now that Revolution is in the rear view. Pretty sure we've yet to see the first women's match to open Dynamite, first to headline, two matches in one episode, etc. Fans are familiar with the roster, Nyla has the belt, NC is dead - it's time.

Nov 18, 2017
Sorry if this has already been answered, but if i buy revolution on PS4 will it stay permanently in my account. Full Gear was awesome, im just kinda gutted that i paid for it and cant rewatch it forever.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Sorry if this has already been answered, but if i buy revolution on PS4 will it stay permanently in my account. Full Gear was awesome, im just kinda gutted that i paid for it and cant rewatch it forever.
I don't know about PS4, but if you live in the U.S., the show will stay permanently in your account if you buy from B/R Live.