• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
In the recent youtube video, matt says he wants a white canvas to draw all his creativity. If he really is going to AEW and is the Exalted One, probably Tony greenlighted all the crazy shit he wants to do with the Dark Order.
I almost wonder if Dark Order's big turnaround coincided with them starting talks with Matt (if he's on board). There was a very sudden change which resulted in DO being not shit, I just can't remember when or what that was.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Yes.

He is permanently Shorty G, they don't even call him Chad Cable anymore as far as I know.
They even did a whole tag team interview/segment with him talking about how he's not gonna let his height be a negative aspect of his life and he won't let it hold him back.

And he cut this promo while standing next to his tag partner, Mustafa Ali.

Who is the same. Fucking. Height.

Last edited:

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Watched Matt Hardy's video and reading between the lines he has to be The Exalted One. I think the twist here is that he won't ever be referred to as Matt Hardy and if he wants to use Broken Matt Hardy he'll do so with another promotion. I get the sense he's going to be working with at least two promotions, and that'll allow him to stretch his creativity and not have his last few years just be defined by one character.

My dream for The Dark Order is for them to structure it like a fucking Power Rangers/Super Sentai faction and embrace the camp. There's The Exalted One as the leader, hamming it up, scheming, and rarely fighting. Then you have the commanders, currently Evil Uno and Stu Grayson, being the real muscle and overseeing the lesser ranked members. Finally you have the creepers and Beaver Boys being completely useless jobbers. Also there are the monsters/one-off foes that are more powerful jobbers. I want The Dark Order being a persistent threat that mostly stays within the carny sphere of AEW and crossing over into the serious wrasslin' sphere when appropriate. Though I don't think that idea can work if there isn't a proper face faction. The Elite are currently falling apart in the serious wrasslin' sphere, but there is Jungle Express in the carny sphere.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Watched Matt Hardy's video and reading between the lines he has to be The Exalted One. I think the twist here is that he won't ever be referred to as Matt Hardy and if he wants to use Broken Matt Hardy he'll do so with another promotion. I get the sense he's going to be working with at least two promotions, and that'll allow him to stretch his creativity and not have his last few years just be defined by one character.

My dream for The Dark Order is for them to structure it like a fucking Power Rangers/Super Sentai faction and embrace the camp. There's The Exalted One as the leader, hamming it up, scheming, and rarely fighting. Then you have the commanders, currently Evil Uno and Stu Grayson, being the real muscle and overseeing the lesser ranked members. Finally you have the creepers and Beaver Boys being completely useless jobbers. Also there are the monsters/one-off foes that are more powerful jobbers. I want The Dark Order being a persistent threat that mostly stays within the carny sphere of AEW and crossing over into the serious wrasslin' sphere when appropriate. Though I don't think that idea can work if there isn't a proper face faction. The Elite are currently falling apart in the serious wrasslin' sphere, but there is Jungle Express in the carny sphere.
Yeah this is my realistic hope for a Hardy led Dark Order as well

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they bring Matt in as the Exalted One it puts more eyes on the product and also he can help with creative/booking. The guy is like Jericho with reinventing himself and has been in it so long he's bound to help younger talent. Would be a no brainer really

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

wwe must be like
52ee860f-c89d-4143-83arkxp.gif

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
The feed I used for Revolution fucked up during Dustin vs Hager, so I just finally watched the whole bit involving Hager's wife. Gods that was awful, sexual assault is not funny. Certainly helps explains why Dustin is okay working with Jake and feeding him his first win, despite having a transgender son. 🙃 I know that everyone working in wrestling, particularly veterans, are largely conservative. *shakes head*

Between various intervew segments involving "light" sexually harrasment of women interviewers, there's a problem within AEW.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
The feed I used for Revolution fucked up during Dustin vs Hager, so I just finally watched the whole bit involving Hager's wife. Gods that was awful, sexual assault is not funny. Certainly helps explains why Dustin is okay working with Jake and feeding him his first win, despite having a transgender son. 🙃 I know that everyone working in wrestling, particularly veterans, are largely conservative. *shakes head*

Between various intervew segments involving "light" sexually harrasment of women interviewers, there's a problem within AEW.

Cody turns out to be the biggest bestest bro imaginable by taking all the heat Dustin was about to get and decided to get THAT FUCKING TATTOO and for everyone to talk about that instead.

Yes I'm still thinking about it.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as how the first part of Free the Delete's finale is called "The Preparation", they may wait until next week to fully unveil The Exalted One with just a more confirmative tease or promo at the end on Wednesday. I would like to see The Dark Order get an aesthetic overhaul including new outfits, and I don't know how long it takes to get costumes and gear made. Evil Uno and Stu Grayson could certainly use an overhaul, along with the creepers.
Cody turns out to be the biggest bestest bro imaginable by taking all the heat Dustin was about to get and decided to get THAT FUCKING TATTOO and for everyone to talk about that instead.

Yes I'm still thinking about it.
Between the tattoo, Cody's flop of a match, and the tag match being hot fire no one is going to be talking about a tasteless bit in an altogether bad match.

Last edited:

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
And Downstait.

Man this one night was just an absolute torpedo stock drop for Cody in my personal perspective.
It's just baffling how bad it was with Jericho's entrance being phenomenal. I just don't know where Cody's head is at. Though being an EVP he has a lot more stress and responsibility on his plate than Jericho. I think Cody needs a nice break from performing after Revolution.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Cody's best is highly booked old school wrasslin matches, while Revolution was an overly booked old school mess

Jan 10, 2018
so, i was so moved by everyone singing along to @IAmJericho's theme that i decided to join in.

here's my acapella version of @FOZZYROCK's "judas". enjoy.

@AEWrestling #AEW #aewdyamite #InnerCircle #LeChampion https://t.co/Z5jRCPMHRD

twitter.com

meredith bell. 🛎 on Twitter

“so, i was so moved by everyone singing along to @IAmJericho’s theme that i decided to join in. here’s my acapella version of @FOZZYROCK’s “judas”. enjoy. @AEWrestling #AEW #aewdyamite #InnerCircle #LeChampion https://t.co/Z5jRCPMHRD”

guys... when i posted the original acapella cover of "judas"... i was honestly bored LOL. it was a saturday, i was killing time between getting ready to see my friends play in atlantic city...

i never, EVER, thought it would come to this.

twitter.com

“guys... when i posted the original acapella cover of "judas"... i was honestly bored LOL. it was a saturday, i was killing time between getting ready to see my friends play in atlantic city... i never, EVER, thought it would come to this.”

it was a month of me composing the arrangement, scheduling, rehearsals, tears, and general anxiety kicking my ass. but it paid off in the end, and i am so, SO thankful.

i have said since i was 13 that i wanted to sing at a wrestling PPV. this was literally a dream come true.

twitter.com

“it was a month of me composing the arrangement, scheduling, rehearsals, tears, and general anxiety kicking my ass. but it paid off in the end, and i am so, SO thankful. i have said since i was 13 that i wanted to sing at a wrestling PPV. this was literally a dream come true.”

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
TK was talking about how there'll be opportunities for different types of games on different platforms/systems. So I'm guessing that while we're going to almost certainly get an AKI-produced title, we're almost certainly going to get a card (or card collecting or whatever) based game. Probably first, and that will probably have to last us a while.

Basically, something like this, but replace Sega characters with anyone in the AEW roster.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
TK was talking about how there'll be opportunities for different types of games on different platforms/systems. So I'm guessing that while we're going to almost certainly get an AKI-produced title, we're almost certainly going to get a card (or card collecting or whatever) based game. Probably first, and that will probably have to last us a while.

Basically, something like this, but replace Sega characters with anyone in the AEW roster.
When cody was asked on the panel the other day he said they always give the fans what they want and that they want a specific game engine and that takes time so it seems guaranteed it will be the AKI engine at least.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Revolution was kinda disappointing, considering how they hyped it up and the heat going into it.

Outside of expectations though it was a good PPV.

Tag match was absolutely amazing, it had everything, it was so good I think it even affected the crowd as the only thing else they were as hot for was OC.
Banger of a match and the storytelling in the match was brilliant.

PAC vs OC was near perfect.

Cody vs MJF, I thought the match was pretty good actually, in a vacuum.
The problem was it needed to start off hot straight away and it didn't, it needed a heated crowd and there wasn't.
Ultimately it fell flat for such a heated feud.
Also Cody bb pls. Why didn't you wait to get it on your back instead of your neck.

Main event had a big fight feel, enjoyed it other than the eye reveal which just confused me, how does that benefit MOX?

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Main event had a big fight feel, enjoyed it other than the eye reveal which just confused me, how does that benefit MOX?

He could still see out of the eyepatched eye. The patch didn't cover his whole eye. Jericho attacked Moxley's "good" eye, and, thinking Mox was totally blind, overtly set up for the Judas Effect. Moxley, still being able to see out of the patched eye, was able to duck it and hit the Paradigm Shift and win.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
He could still see out of the eyepatched eye. The patch didn't cover his whole eye. Jericho attacked Moxley's "good" eye, and, thinking Mox was totally blind, overtly set up for the Judas Effect. Moxley, still being able to see out of the patched eye, was able to duck it and hit the Paradigm Shift and win.

That shot of the blood coming out was so perfect and gross lol

that gash actually looked pretty good too

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
That makes him look retroactively worse, he was doing rough because he only had the one eye but if he could actually see the whole time... he was just sucking.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
When cody was asked on the panel the other day he said they always give the fans what they want and that they want a specific game engine and that takes time so it seems guaranteed it will be the AKI engine at least.
Yup! Definitely at least that. But Tony definitely made it sound like there'll be more than one style of game based on AEW. My first thought was some other kind of fighting game but I could more easily see a F2P deck building game as a money spinner for them too. Cheaper to make as well.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
That makes him look retroactively worse, he was doing rough because he only had the one eye but if he could actually see the whole time... he was just sucking.

I took it to be, the eye was originally injured and his vision was impaired, but at some point before Revolution, that recovered. However, he continued to wear a gimmicked eye patch that gave Jericho the illusion that he still couldn't see.