• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
RE: The Britt promo

Regarding Britt Baker's promo from this past week's AEW Dynamite, Dave Meltzer reported on the Sunday morning edition of Wrestling Observer Radio that Tony Khan came up with the basic bullet points for the promo. Cody gave her an outline. But she did all the words. Nobody scripted her. The big line about Whataburger was Cody's idea. The stuff about extracting the tooth for free was Tony Khan's idea.

They've since deleted the tweet but it sounds like Britt will be on this week's Dynamite too.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Imagine working for a boss who understands the biz and doesn't hate his workers and the audience. Imagine living that life.
1581634720_515_Eye-For-An-Eye-Jeff-Cobb-Debuts.gif

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Naito/KENTA was a complete drag until the final 5 mins or so. Absolutely had no business going that long.
Kenta carrying Naito throughout the match like it happens with all his opponents. They should have held off on the match since Kenta has the most heat in the company. I really don't see how Naito is so popular... I don't get his appeal and is probably my least fav in NJPW.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Kenta carrying Naito throughout the match like it happens with all his opponents. They should have held off on the match since Kenta has the most heat in the company. I really don't see how Naito is so popular... I don't get his appeal and is probably my least fav in NJPW.
It felt like they were going for the long gruelling main event epic because that's what Okada main events give you but neither guy was capable of carrying it off.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man the matches this week were so damn good, it's insane.

Nyla/Riho was so especially great. It both felt inevitable and earned at the same time, can't wait to see what happens with the women's division moving forward. Britt was pretty good this week, and seems like the Nightmare Collective is all but done with Brandi now, which on one hand is a bummer, but on the other, interesting in terms of angles for that group.

All the tag team matches were incredible. I can't believe they throw this shit out on TV for free. For free.

COWBOY SHIT!

I find it endlessly fascinating that their two biggest angles (Mox/Jericho & Rhodes/MJF) are the two I have the least interest in, but they're still entertaining, none the less.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Two days until Britt drops a 28-3 reference and burns another city to the ground. I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to her segments now.

I was just hyping up AEW to a coworker who has yet to check it out and was telling him how many ridiculously athletic performers they have. Like, I have one percent of the athleticism of these people.

...I think I undersold it.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Arena refuses to host AEW show because relationship with WWE

According to Fightful select (subscription required), Heritage Bank Center (formerly known as U.S Bank Arena) is refusing to host any All Elite Wrestling events due to their existing relationship with WWE.

According to the report, Jon Moxley has been pushing AEW to run a show in the area, and many were hopeful the company would be able to have Heritage Bank Center host an event.

WWE most recently ran a house show at the arena in December 2019. The venue also played host to WWE Cyber Sunday in 2006, and WWE Starrcade in 2018.

All Elite Wrestling does have the option of running the Cintas Center at Xavier University, which has a capacity of 10,000.

Fucking disgusting if true.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I mean, it sucks for us AEW fans, but that's pretty normal operating procedure. Livenation did something similar by getting venues to use their services by promising venues the higher selling artists.

It'll be interesting to see if this keeps happening with WWE live event attendance dropping in buildings if they will still be able to hold arenas hostage.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Of course it is true, this isnt the first time we have heard about a venue not allowing other wrestling booking because of WWE. Isnt MSG the same?

Such a stupid thing though from the perspective of the venue, I mean unless WWE are paying for exclusivity, it makes more sense for them to just host whatever events that can draw people in. Whats WWE gonna do, go somewhere else? Im sure they would have already in these cases if a better venue was out there for them.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
MSG is running ROH and NJPW shows now.
Ah, I remember reading about issues with them back in the day but wasnt sure if it was still going.

But you made a good point before that I was thinking, considering attendance has been dropping for WWE and AEW are essentially outselling them I believe, will venues really be willing to keep saying no because you have history with one company who is doing worse and worse as time goes on.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Need gif of OC checking out Hangman's naked ass.

LMAO that was great stuff as always, Page going round and trying to sabotage the young bucks was hilarious, especially the shower scene with Best Friends :)

Also Scorpio getting pissed at JRs coffee because it had 2 cold scorprio written on it was a nice touch ;)

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started to catch up on this week's episode, the days sober in the graphic was tremendous.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking about this the other day after all the Jeff Cobb and Matt Hardy rumors but I think AEW's roster is in a pretty good spot right now. Probably the area that needs the most work from at least a diversity standpoint would be the men's singles division in both ethnicity and wrestling style (though even their tag division could stand to have a little more diversity with at least more wrestling styles). I'm really generally not a fan of big power wrestlers but AEW could stand to have more of them and I would love if AEW picked up some great technical wrestlers because watching Zack Sabre Jr. over the past few months has made me realize just how much I miss having that kind of wrestling in my life (also I think a lack of technical wrestlers is an issue that extends beyond AEW). Even having said all of that I think AEW's roster is in a really great place and will really only get better with time as they do eventually pick up more people.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Only good thing he's done is made me like Kenta.
KENTA.jpg

NJPW-New-Beginning-in-Osaka-2020-Review-645x370.jpg

*opens eye wide* I too love seeing KENTA taking Destino to the head tbh. You can not like him but your gotta respect a man who got rejected by the NJPW fans, left (and created a taunt as a constant middle finger to racism) then came back to be beloved enough to be the first dble champ and actually cheered for against Okada of all people. That takes helluva lot of guts. I dig how respectful all these NJ guys are,

"I said this yesterday, but KENTA really let me know the extent of his resolve after he did what he did in the Tokyo Dome. Before Osaka, I really wasn't sure, but he really let me know in Osaka. There was a lot of criticism toward this being a title match, and I had questions too, but he thought, he felt, and he made something happen. I have to say, KENTA took a risk and acted. I think that's amazing. We should be criticizing the rest of the NJPW roster, looking at me as double chamion and not doing anything right now. Are they not acting, or are they not interested? I don't know. But KENTA, I like his style. I like that KENTA. Other than that, as I said backstage last night, I went straight to the hospital yesterday,in my ring gear, and got five stitches. This scar is a reminder of how KENTA brought it to me. It's a good kind of pain. Gotta say though, my head hurts right now. I said yesterday that I'll take everybody's questions until they're sick of asking; I'm not sure I can do that, but I'll do my best."

OT on AEW I was watching NXT with my cousin and his friends yesterday and trying to get them into the cage match this week and every single one of them came back wondering who in the world the guy is that Cody is fighting in their first ever cage match 😅