• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

ITV has confirmed its three year venture into pay-per-view has come to an end.
The ITV Box Office channel, which was available on Sky channel 493, via 'on-demand' on Virgin Media and carried through online streaming platforms, was officially withdrawn from service.

Customers who had accounts with ITV Box Office have had them closed.

The service launched in February 2017, with the exclusive UK broadcast rights to Chris Eubank Jnr's world title fight. But the channel suffered with a bad reputation among some viewers, with many events on the channel accompanied by reports from viewers having trouble getting the service to work and with issues getting through to customer service.

ITV Box Office, alongside the now defunct ITV Encore, was part of ITV's re-entry in to providing traditional pay TV services. This has now been abandoned in favour of subscription video-on-demand services, such as ITV Hub+ and BritBox UK, of which ITV has a 90% stake.

AEW ppv's in UK on Fite TV

Last edited:

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I'd love to shed a tear for ITV Box Office but everything I heard or saw of them was that they were constantly messing up.

I don't even know what else they ran besides AEW PPVs, did they have boxing?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love to shed a tear for ITV Box Office but everything I heard or saw of them was that they were constantly messing up.

I don't even know what else they ran besides AEW PPVs, did they have boxing?

Yes they had boxing but they never showed any fights which would generate PPV Buys.

Service wasn't great though. I did order one boxing PPV and had to get a charge back on my card from the bank as all I got was a blue screen.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Itv box office was a complete load of shit, twice I tried to order aew ppvs and the first they cancelled before on ps4 and then they couldn't get the next ones Stream working so had to issue refunds.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Do TNT not air movies like Atomic Blonde?

It's all in the presentation. Inter-gender matches generally show both sexes as equals. There's nothing about that that looks bad.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. I actually switched to using ITV for AEW PPVs up to now, as the picture quality seemed better than it was on Fite.

Fite it is from now on though, at least now if it's not promoted by ITV we should be able to pay with credits.

Speaking of Fite, has anyone with AEW Plus been having an issue playing Dynamite on demand on Android? The video player just shows a loading spinner and doesn't do anything. The video seems to work fine via the website, strangely. I've experienced this on two different phones now.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Brian Cage announced that he is now a free agent.

He's had offers from a few places but he's having surgery for a torn bicep before he decides where he's going next.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully aew. I want a hoss, and i dont really care about the wyatt family guy that much. This dude looks like a beast tho

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Loooooool everyone is having the time of their lives on that cruise.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
People can slag on the cruise for a number of reasons but you can't help but admit everyone is having a blast there, the wrestlers included.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't fuck with cruises at all but I might look into buying tickets next year haha

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
AEW is carrying serious momentum just now. I haven't even heard much about the Royal Rumble this week, everything has been about the cruise and now they have this giant 10k day 1 advance which would be notable even if it was WWE.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
AEW has been really inclusive and sensible about that. Now that they have a deal for 4 more years, just give them time to convince TNT about that, i know that inter gender wrestling will arrive eventually, but give them time, so far they earned that confidence vote.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
A third Moxley Karaoke performance appears. Seeing him having fun warms my heart.

This cruise and things like the New Year's party they've had must have been good for morale.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For those that like to follow Lucha Bros and AAA, today AAA returns to action:

The show will probably feature a tribute to La Parka who recently passed away (not to be confused with WCW La Parka, L.A. Park today). The Mixed Tag Match should be great and the main is probably going to start the Lucha Bros vs Muñoz Family (Rush) feud.

Lyon

Jun 5, 2019
I like how they're using this PiP ad break for just drone shots of a boat.

I just watched the episode. Thought they would have shown that on TV.
I'm surprised they didn't open the show with footage of the ship; that would probably have caught the attention of casual viewers a lot more than panning around the deck, which could hav been perceived as a simple hotel or something.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I just watched the episode. Thought they would have shown that on TV.
I'm surprised they didn't open the show with footage of the ship; that would probably have caught the attention of casual viewers a lot more than panning around the deck, which could hav been perceived as a simple hotel or something.
I thought the same thing as it opened. If you have a unique setting SHOW IT OFF! Gosh.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
EPJL7OAXsAIKF5W

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Any other Stardom matches worth watching from the Jan 19th show? I've been picking and choosing and have watched:

Mayu vs. Momo (very good)
Arisa vs. Utami (good)
Tam Nakano vs. Kagetsu (solid)
AZM vs. Zoe vs. Starlight Kid (GP match...fun)

Not super enticed by the other tag bouts. Should I watch some of them?

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I don't know how you can open with such a great match. The rest of the show was good to great but boy, talk about starting the show with a showstopper.