• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, this definitely feels like a confirmation of Dark being turned into TNT's new AEW show which is interesting. Certainly whatever viewership loss they get by moving Dark to TNT would be counteracted by the additional ad revenue they get by having two shows on cable. Either way, as someone with a VPN and a subscription to FITE TV's AEW+ I'm fine with this. I still have to imagine that somewhere down the line AEW will have two live programs every week instead of one taped show and one live show.
Doubt they do two live events a week until after this TV deal is over and they get a bigger one. Part of the money from the new deal goes towards producing TV which is expensive and two seperate nights live would cut into the budget a lot so it wouldn't be worth it.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Doubt they do two live events a week until after this TV deal is over and they get a bigger one. Part of the money from the new deal goes towards producing TV which is expensive and two seperate nights live would cut into the budget a lot so it wouldn't be worth it.

Right, though it's not off the table that it could happen sooner than we think as no one expected them to have a second TNT show live or taped this soon. I'm happy though that the amount of AEW we get a week isn't changing because 3-4 hours a week is kind of the sweet spot for me. Also I think they'll have an easier time maintaining quality with only that much wrestling they need to produce every week.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
The majority of American Wrestling fans don't dig submissions and holds.

I think a gimmick/style like that can still get over here but getting a gimmick/style like that over is definitely a much more difficult prospect in the states than elsewhere in the world. You would definitely need someone with the talent and charisma of a Zack Sabre Jr to get that over in the states.

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I'm hoping that they do a pre-sale for the NJ show. I'm flying from Puerto Rico and I want to ensure I get the 7 tickets I want in the section I want all in continuous seats.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I hope they have good weather on the cruise this week. I imagine it'll look pretty badass when it airs on Wednesday. Hope so, anyway.

I don't think a promotion based around that would work at all as a mainstream product, but I think somebody with that style could stand out in a good way. Their roster still leans too much into the flippy stuff IMO. Which is where some of the rumored future signings (eg Harper, Cage, Revival) can really help to balance the roster more.

Cage is flippy stuff, runs...

I hope so maybe as the leader of the dark order?

He can talk?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'd expect 'commercial free' for the new version of Dark, to offer no new content over what TNT show, just zero advertising breaks.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The PAC promo was legit, though. Just comes off like a bad bad man who demands respect and wants to be recognized as the best in his field.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Can't blame a guy like Pac for having a chip on his shoulder about his WWE experience. He clearly has star potential and they completely wasted him.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
"I sold my sould to the dev...

dammit guys you are fast lmao xD

I have to say i never liked pac because, even i find him a really talented and great wrestler, a little bland.

But all his run in AEW has made pac growing in me now and i cant wait to see more of him in the ring.

Also, his entrance theme is awesome.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Wow that pac promo was fucking great, need to see more of that.

I do hope they both get harper and cage, Harper would be a great, great presence in ring and on the mic, and even if we see a shred of his work in the E, when he was part of THAT group, then we will be in for something special. Cage is just a fucking great all rounder that looks like he can bend steel in the ring, but then just pulls of multiple moonsaults out of nowhere because fuck you he can. He is a ver unique talent.

They need to lock down killer cross when they have the chance too.

They now have a much bigger checkbook, they need to start throwing some weight around and get some top talent. They can't let a Marty type situation happen again. I'm still surprised he didn't sign with them, thought that would be the one sure thing to come back to after having a break.

Marty was as close as you could get to the aew lot, bar being a blood related family member and he still said no. Need to be laser focused and cunning to get the people in to make it a worldwide success.

Last edited:

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
That was a helluva Road To. Pac with the fire. Jungle Boy with the feels.

I've been thinkin', and if someone has said this already I apologize, but AEW should make their second show a studio show in Jacksonville. Small crowd, a match or two (plus developmental matches for live crowd or DARK), vignettes, promos. Their version of NXT. Could be on Saturday mornings and YT. Keep Dark on Tuesdays. Would be good for developing young talent and keep production costs low.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Wow that pac promo was fucking great, need to see more of that.

I do hope they both get harper and cage, Harper would be a great, great presence in ring and on the mic, and even if we see a shred of his work in the E, when he was part of THAT group, then we will be in for something special. Cage is just a fucking great all rounder that looks like he can bend steel in the ring, but then just pulls of multiple moonsaults out of nowhere because fuck you he can. He is a ver unique talent.

They need to lock down killer cross when they have the chance too.

They now have a much bigger checkbook, they need to start throwing some weight around and get some top talent. They can't let a Marty type situation happen again. I'm still surprised he didn't sign with them, thought that would be the one sure thing to come back to after having a break.

Marty was as close as you could get to the aew lot, bar being a blood related family member and he still said no. Need to be laser focused and cunning to get the people in to make it a worldwide success.
Killer Kross apparently met with Triple H very recently, it sounds like he is WWE bound, don't get your hopes up over that one.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I know she was never signed to AEW, but man this sucks:
5QL5CrAl.jpg

Serves me right for thinking a bogan would be better than that :/

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It didn't even occur to me that the show would be pretaped. Makes total sense.

But shit, even if the full results got spoiled for me ahead of time I'd still be super excited to watch. The outcomes of the matches are only a small part of why I'm enjoying this product. The whole thing is an unmissable spectacle.

Looking forward to AEW coming to Rochester.

Hell yeah we're gonna show out!

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Killer Kross apparently met with Triple H very recently, it sounds like he is WWE bound, don't get your hopes up over that one.

Damn, they should have got to him sooner. I really like the elite, I really do but they need to be a little bit more cutthroat with such obvious talent and wrestlers like Kross. Hiring wrestlers is always competition you need to win.When you face an enemy like wwe, and make no mistakes that what wwe thinks of aew. That's how much of a real, dyed in the wool shit they are. Then the slightly laid back, chilled approach to getting wrestlers who they want real bad and love to work with doesn't cut it. I have the feeling Tony K is sometimes the person who is the cunning motherfucker and the others are too laid back. They must have thought about and even worked on fucking great storylines to do with Marty and now that's been shelved for years.

I mean I cant think of many wrestlers on the company that physically, can get a great match out of the likes of wardlow. Of course many on the roster can and would work with a person of that size just fine, but it would require a great deal more work for no real reason if more larger set wrestlers, of any sex, was on the roster.

Looks at the shock and awe power of the likes of nyla rose and, at times, Kong.

Frankly, aew is set for years now with the deal, and has a great deal more money out of it.

But with bigger stages come bigger ambitions, and I do hope they add more of a body mix, meat head musculars too, to the roster with all that extra money.

Nick Jackson said that people look at them like superheroes, but they need a few more wrestlers that look like them too.

Killer cross has already worked with aew and done video packages and ads for them.

I know his wife works in the E but so do quite a few other wrestler couples and they, so far, manage the split between the brands ok enough. But if course, only he knows what is best for him.