• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I believe Marty will work with AEW maybe not all of ROH but why wouldn't he since he's untouchable now and it can help lower card guys get experience (a AEW using ROH that is)

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
"The former... Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods Champion"

I gotta watch Lucha Underground.

Also wtf RVD is still around?

The thing to remember when watching it is that it's a show where wrestling is used to resolve conflict. It is not a "wrestling show". This is important, otherwise you'll start asking questions about booking decisions that don't matter.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
The Marty thing i wont say it was expected, because we all had the hope to see him in AEW, but still working on dates with ROH out of contract was a big red flag.

But the signing of Brian Cage is amazing, now please, Killer Kross next. Please Cody.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sign the kid. Impressive moving the bar at the end. Big strong boy.

If I'm the Revival I'm asking for a say in booking as part of your deal. It's the only way to ensure your not scooting around on your ass like a dog two weeks after resigning. Also an out clause.
Has WWE ever given out a Bret Hart-like contract since the Screwjob? Because that's the template I'd be using for a contract, at the very least, if I'm the Revival.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brian Cage is so boring I want to cry. But hopefully they do something fun with him.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Random late night thoughts
I wonder why Mox went back to wearing pants after he talked about how much he hated them on Jericho's (I think) podcast.

I wonder what happens to Marty on the opening on the next BTE.

I think eventually Trent is going to turn heel on Chuck and OC. He is trying to be a legit competitior and their care free attitude seems to be pissing him off. Speaking of OC, loved how he threw the glasses off when he was tagged in this week. Something so small but it was shit just got real moment.

intergender wrestling is most likely coming but I think it will probably remain Dark and PPV exclusive.

I wonder how long ( if ever) before we get the first DQ in AEW.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
ROH gave Marty the book, WWE main roster money, the ability to work elsewhere, and he only has to work about 40 days a year. They literally bent over and gave him EVERYTHING. If it all goes to shit, Marty would still be in demand, so it was a no brainer

Last edited:

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
MY MAN

05a0e9f55d7fbb0f3f3d5511e0dca6259dab9bf0_hq.gif
In that gif he looks a bit like MJF, but is actually jacked.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
ROH have Marty the book, WWE main roster money, the ability to work elsewhere, and he only has to work about 40 days a year. They literally bent over and gave him EVERYTHING. If it all goes to shit, Marty would still be in demand, so it was a no brainer

I'm sure even his AEW pals were like "....Shit dude, sign that contract."

Random late night thoughts
I wonder why Mox went back to wearing pants after he talked about how much he hated them on Jericho's (I think) podcast.

I wonder what happens to Marty on the opening on the next BTE.

I think eventually Trent is going to turn heel on Chuck and OC. He is trying to be a legit competitior and their care free attitude seems to be pissing him off. Speaking of OC, loved how he threw the glasses off when he was tagged in this week. Something so small but it was shit just got real moment.

intergender wrestling is most likely coming but I think it will probably remain Dark and PPV exclusive.

I wonder how long ( if ever) before we get the first DQ in AEW.

I think Kenny and Riho vs. Kip and Penelope will be in two weeks.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Lucha Underground really was one of a kind, too bad it's a pain in the ass to find. It's closer to a regular TV show about wrestling than an actual wrestling show.

RockGun90

Jul 28, 2018
Cage's wife (Melissa Santos) apparently denying the AEW rumor.

Really?? How can you confirm something that isn't true???? I'm his wife and I can CONFIRM, he hasn't signed on any dotted line. @socaluncensored

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

BECAUSE HE'S NOT A MAN

HE'S A MACHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

Pentagon Jr. was under the tutelage of a Sith Lord, Jeff Cobb ate a man alive and one of the AAA dudes was a literal dragon while his BFF was a time-travelling spaceman.

Lucha Underground was wild.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
And the big authority figure was this awesome violence-loving Latino criminal businessman (played by an actual actor) who was secretly working with dark powers to bring about an Aztec God apocalypse or some shit.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
What's the story here?
You mean the tweet?

It's him hugging Tessa Blanchard who just became the impact champion. She also had a bunch of women wrestlers accuse her of bullying and racism (eg spitting in one woman's face and using the N word).

Maybe his tweet is just about her championship win but considering she has been accused by multiple people of racism against black people, it's not a good look for Sky.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the tweet?

It's him hugging Tessa Blanchard who just became the impact champion. She also had a bunch of women wrestlers accuse her of bullying and racism (eg spitting in one woman's face and using the N word).

Maybe his tweet is just about her championship win but considering she has been accused by multiple people of racism against black people, it's not a good look for Sky.
Ah, thank you

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pentagon Jr. was under the tutelage of a Sith Lord, Jeff Cobb ate a man alive and one of the AAA dudes was a literal dragon while his BFF was a time-travelling spaceman.

Lucha Underground was wild.

Don't forget that time when Lucha Underground Champion Mil Muertes ordered his minions to murder Big Rick (Ezekiel Jackson) and a bunch of random LU fans to build himself a throne made with their bones.

Happened in a webcominc but still canon.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Don't forget that time when Lucha Underground Champion Mil Muertes ordered his minions to murder Big Rick (Ezekiel Jackson) and a bunch of random LU fans to build himself a throne made with their bones.

Happened in a webcominc but still canon.
His manager was this immortal, teleporting witch chick who ritualistically licked his defeated opponents.

...oh snap I just realized Brandi's thing is basically that with haircuts instead of licking.

Except Brandi is a normal person acting weird instead of being a witch and is in a product that doesn't have Aztec gods and dragons running about.

...oh fuck I just realized Evil Uno and Dark Order are kinda like Mil Muertes and disciples of death, except not even remotely as cool.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
His manager was this immortal, teleporting witch chick who ritualistically licked his defeated opponents.

...oh snap I just realized Brandi's thing is basically that with haircuts instead of licking.

Except Brandi is a normal person acting weird instead of being a witch and is in a product that doesn't have Aztec gods and dragons running about.

...oh fuck I just realized Evil Uno and Dark Order are kinda like Mil Muertes and disciples of death, except not even remotely as cool.

Fuck Matt Hardy, give me Dark Order leader MIL MUERTES please.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The NC is only ever going to be as good as their adversaries...

I think the gimmick itself is fine. In fact I kinda even like it. But for them to be credible and not random, they need folks on the mic the other side to push back. I think it will get there. I mean next week we get a Statlander and Shida tag team. That's some good shit right there. Gimme!

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Enjoyed Brian Cage in the one season of Lucha Underground I saw, so I'm happy to hear about this.

EDIT: His wife (?) is denying it so I'm putting the breaks on getting excited for now and will wait for the "Brian Cage is All Elite" tweet.

Last edited:

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
To be fair, there's
Enjoyed Brian Cage in the one season of Lucha Underground I saw, so I'm happy to hear about this.

EDIT: His wife (?) is denying it so I'm putting the breaks on getting excited for now and will wait for the "Brian Cage is All Elite" tweet.
She is denying it so that his debut is more of a surprise.

Because he is not a man.

He's a mahsheen.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Cage's wife (Melissa Santos) apparently denying the AEW rumor.

Really?? How can you confirm something that isn't true???? I'm his wife and I can CONFIRM, he hasn't signed on any dotted line. @socaluncensored

Meltzer was saying that it's probably because AEW wanted Cage to be a surprise. SoCalUncensored is a pretty reputable source

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
She's not technically denying it anyway, she's just saying he hasn't signed a contract. Doesn't mean he hasn't agreed to go there. I'm not familiar with his work at all, but seems like there's almost unanimously positive buzz about it around here, so seems like he'll be a good addition and add some needed non-flippy diversity to their roster.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The WrassleERA community's 2019 Carny Awards close tomorrow, and AEW dominates a number of categories.

To add your vote to the tallies, feel free to get your final votes in the poll.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. First time watching one of these BTE episodes because why not?

How often do they translate to something that happens on Dynamite? Cuz I really want that Stat/OC Wall-E style love story now.

Silex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. First time watching one of these BTE episodes because why not?

How often do they translate to something that happens on Dynamite? Cuz I really want that Stat/OC Wall-E style love story now.
Until very recently, there was no crossover almost at all. Or more specifically, BTE would follow-up on things that happened on Dynamite, but not vice versa. However, in the last two Dynamites, some threads from BTE, like the Private Party and Hangman "feud" and the Dark Order stuff, have now made their way onto Dynamite.