• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
I've seen more than enough to know Hager is a piece of shit. I haven't been able to look into the claims that Superhumman is or has done racist things right now at work, that's all. I hadn't heard the accusations before.

I've watched a bunch.

Elbow drops are relatively safe. The center of gravity isn't over the person (or microwave) being elbow dropped. The impact is minimal as a result.

Anyone who isn't a mental health professional, shouldn't in my personal opinion, make judgments over what someone should or shouldn't be allowed to do based on how mentally competent they have decided someone else is.
You're missing the point.
The stunts he's pulling are dangerous. ESPECIALLY for someone with no training whatsoever.

Flips onto light tubes, barbed wire, various household items.

It's going to go wrong.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
AEW's politics are iffy because wrestling's politics are iffy. That's the sad reality of it. Not that I'm turning a face and saying stop talking about it. But that's just kinda expected being a fan of some red neck shit. Just expect disappointment and don't stan anyone too hard until proven to safe. Even then, be ready to pull that rip cord to get out.

It's a dirty business and we are scum for enjoying it.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I've seen more than enough to know Hager is a piece of shit. I haven't been able to look into the claims that Superhumman is or has done racist things right now at work, that's all. I hadn't heard the accusations before.

I've watched a bunch.

Elbow drops are relatively safe. The center of gravity isn't over the person (or microwave) being elbow dropped. The impact is minimal as a result.

Anyone who isn't a mental health professional, shouldn't in my personal opinion, make judgments over what someone should or shouldn't be allowed to do based on how mentally competent they have decided someone else is.
He's dropping his ribs onto a microwave.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Face or reseller value? For face, if you go to aewtix.com and click view seating, it'll show you a map of the arena with the price levels color coded. Getting those ringside seats takes a lot of luck and diligence when the tickets go on sale

The Denver show hasn't been listed yet on their site. But I might just shoot for like the first row lower level tickets if it's that difficult.

My wife got me 3 tickets in row 2 at the Chicago show for my birthday and I believe they were $120-130 apiece.

Thanks.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I honestly thought that, after Brandi talked about the experiences she has had as a PoC, that things might would be different than the normal carny non-sense associated with pro wrestling. But Hager is still out there trucking along.

I also held out hope, but AEW is still a wrestling company at the end of the day, which means they will attract problematic people. A utopian federation doesn't exist no matter how much we might wish for it. Also, sometimes, people are going to be shitty or hold views that are contrary to yours. :-/

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
After three incredibly powerful and lengthy days of NJPW it feels like it's been months since AEW last aired. I wonder how ol' Britt's doing....

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Having Super Humman is AEW's work around to having ICP on the show. 'Cause everyone knows your wrestling company isn't legit until ICP is involved.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Who's that hopping the barricade to attack Jericho?!"

giphy.gif

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
You're missing the point.
The stunts he's pulling are dangerous. ESPECIALLY for someone with no training whatsoever.

Flips onto light tubes, barbed wire, various household items.

It's going to go wrong.
I do not think anyone should question his mental abilities and suggest that he doesn't understand the risks he is subjecting himself to unless they are a mental health professional.

I have no problems with someone saying 'I hope he stops before he hurts himself' but the second you start talking about 'mental disabilities' is the second I personally take issue.

As you admitted, you aren't comfortable *because of your opinions of his mental abilities*. I think you're best off keeping those opinions to yourself.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Boys I just got an email from the Dark Order with a YouTube vid. It's unlisted. I'm scared.

WE ARE ONE
JOIN THE DARK ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
The Denver show hasn't been listed yet on their site. But I might just shoot for like the first row lower level tickets if it's that difficult.
What I learned from the Philly show:
I created an account days before and was already logged in before the tickets went live. When it was time to search for tickets, my mistake was:

I chose the highest price tier (aiming for ringside) and searched, it spun for a bit before returning "no seats found." I then bumped it to the next price level down, same thing. On attempt #3, I realized that I should have done "Best Available" from the get go, because then the system would have given me results on the first attempt rather than me doing it manually 3 times. Every second counts during the initial rush and by the time I saw results, it was upper balcony already.

Philly "sold out" within hours, but the reality is that tickets were coming and going for the rest of the day and the next 2 days. Out of curiosity I was checking the site periodically and would find great seats well after I had already bought nosebleeds. They would get scooped up instantly of course but it was interesting to watch. Then a few months later, on stubhub tickets were going for LESS than face value...

I ended up getting lucky and buying better seats than mine and ate the cost of my original tickets. For 4 people I had 6 seats and was unable to sell or give away my original 2 nosebleeds.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What I learned from the Philly show:
I created an account days before and was already logged in before the tickets went live. When it was time to search for tickets, my mistake was:

I chose the highest price tier (aiming for ringside) and searched, it spun for a bit before returning "no seats found." I then bumped it to the next price level down, same thing. On attempt #3, I realized that I should have done "Best Available" from the get go, because then the system would have given me results on the first attempt rather than me doing it manually 3 times. Every second counts during the initial rush and by the time I saw results, it was upper balcony already.

Philly "sold out" within hours, but the reality is that tickets were coming and going for the rest of the day and the next 2 days. Out of curiosity I was checking the site periodically and would find great seats well after I had already bought nosebleeds. They would get scooped up instantly of course but it was interesting to watch. Then a few months later, on stubhub tickets were going for LESS than face value...

I ended up getting lucky and buying better seats than mine and ate the cost of my original tickets. For 4 people I had 6 seats and was unable to sell or give away my original 2 nosebleeds.
Yeah, the lesson is to keep checking.

Boston sold out, but seats would open back up. That's how I got front row tickets a week before the show. Cause I checked periodically.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the tips on getting seats. That should come in handy when they announce the SoCal show.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think some looked far too much into the AEW title getting coverage. You can't ignore a champion in a sport.

You have to sell the match and why not sell the fact that Tanahashi could be beating the champion of another promotion. It would be silly if Jericho didn't wear the title to the ring just as Zach Sabre takes his rev Pro belt to the ring.

I think a lot of what Jericho did was off his own back again to sell the bout and he no doubt genuinely does want the two promotions to work together but I really wouldn't look too much into it.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I think some looked far too much into the AEW title getting coverage. You can't ignore a champion in a sport.

You have to sell the match and why not sell the fact that Tanahashi could be beating the champion of another promotion. It would be silly if Jericho didn't wear the title to the ring just as Zach Sabre takes his rev Pro belt to the ring.

I think a lot of what Jericho did was off his own back again to sell the bout and he no doubt genuinely does want the two promotions to work together but I really wouldn't look too much into it.

Omega doesn't wear the AAA Mega Championship wherever he goes, so it's not like champions of other companies always just prance around with their other belts.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Omega doesn't wear the AAA Mega Championship wherever he goes, so it's not like champions of other companies always just prance around with their other belts.

That's America. America has this ridiculous idea that pro wrestling doesnt exist outside the host promotion.

It's plain dumb that AEW have a AAA champion but don't use that champion and worse is AAA even allow it to happen. Thats just degrading you're own belt.

Does AEW even call omega the current AAA champion?

If New Japan signed Go Shiozaki tomorrow to enter the G1 they wouldn't bring him in as some unknown entity and completly ignore that he was a Noah HW champion. That's just treating fans like idiots.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If there was one thing that didn't involve the booking or a potential partnership I could change, it'd be allowing Omega to actually show the AAA title. Or anyone who has a title. They have a title, there's nothing wrong with showing it off.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
God damn, that Road To... was excellent. It's a shame AEW only gets 2-hours a week on National TV, cause this content needs to be seen by the masses. But at the same time I understand prioritizing Dynamite to be match and live promo heavy.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also held out hope, but AEW is still a wrestling company at the end of the day, which means they will attract problematic people. A utopian federation doesn't exist no matter how much we might wish for it. Also, sometimes, people are going to be shitty or hold views that are contrary to yours. :-/

Wrestlers will look out for their problematic friends. Cody's doing that for Hagar, just like Aldis is doing it for the one in the Wild Cards who did domestic assault.

Looking out for your friends is understandable. Not right, but understandable.

I think if Hager wasn't one of Cody's longtime friends in the business he wouldn't be anywhere near AEW and would be doing 6:05 time limit matches, if that. (Hager is the worst member of the AEW roster)

If there was one thing that didn't involve the booking or a potential partnership I could change, it'd be allowing Omega to actually show the AAA title. Or anyone who has a title. They have a title, there's nothing wrong with showing it off.

I believe it was shown on Dark. Even in AAA the champ only brings the title usually if they're defending it. In lucha titles matter less than masks/hair.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Is anyone else kinda worried about his health though? It only takes a few minutes into a match and his face is bright red. I know he is close to 50 and sometimes in the ring he does not look well. Or maybe he is just that good at selling. I just hope he is ok.
I've haven't put much thought into his health, but it's been clear to me since the beginning that he does not have a lot of endurance and they have to write his matches around that. He's clearly doing the best he can without (hopefully) pushing himself too far.
I honestly thought that, after Brandi talked about the experiences she has had as a PoC, that things might would be different than the normal carny non-sense associated with pro wrestling. But Hager is still out there trucking along.
I'm not sure Brandi has the best grasp on things, seeing as how she's the face of a voodoo angle right now.

Last edited:

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's plain dumb that AEW have a AAA champion but don't use that champion and worse is AAA even allow it to happen. Thats just degrading you're own belt.
Fenix went over a year without actually defending the belt. I think AAA are okay with it occasionally getting mentioned on Dark and a few more people showing up to their Twitch shows when Kenny is on.