• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting AEW plus but not sure what VPN to use. Can a free one work on the sign up? I have heard people not needing it to watch, but I was hoping to use my fire TV stick.
I'm late to answer here but I have Windscribe, their UK servers with unlimited data cost me three bucks a month through their build your own plan thing. It works amazing on the firestick. So 13 bucks a month total vs the 30 I was paying for sling, it's a no brainier. Plus ppvs only cost $16

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
ENgIb8hXUAUrDZv.jpg:small

ENgYkELXsAAaYWv.jpg:small

ENf4Z06XUAAUEJi.jpg:small

ENc5eTrWoAA376G.jpg:small

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So what happens after the Kenny/Hangman vs Private Party match? People complain about Kenny losing again or people complain that Kenny and Hangman go over an established tag team?
Kenny and Hangman will lose because of lack of cooperation between Kenny and Hangman, signaling that Hangman leaves the Elite.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Spent like 6 hours between yesterday and today taking down Xmas decs and then around 4-5 hours sleeping off the toil so with that in mind I've only just got round to finishing the first day of AEWxNJPW WK14.

Once it actually got past all the multi man tag matches, it was a fantastic show, probably the best show AEW has put on so far tbh, not to take anything away from NJPW though, for an upstart company they've got some decent wrestlers.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll ask the seasoned wrestling fans just once more, but would the Elite vs. Lucha Bros/PAC be considered a 5* match? I don't think I've seen another that was quite as impressive.

BTW that's not considering that some of the best action was during commercial breaks, because I was watching via Fite.tv :)

Hype, love me some PP as well as some Omega/Page action.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll ask the seasoned wrestling fans just once more, but would the Elite vs. Lucha Bros/PAC be considered a 5* match? I don't think I've seen another that was quite as impressive.

BTW that's not considering that some of the best action was during commercial breaks, because I was watching via Fite.tv :)
If its a 5 star match to you then sure and from what you wrote it sounds like it. Ratings only have whatever value you give them. Meltzers star ratings are just his opinion and its hardly unheard of for people to disagree with him.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's no doubt in my mind that they're cooking something up together after the WK stuff. Jericho showing off the belt, talking about the match with Tanahashi, the announcers talking about AEW, etc.

I don't think we'll see anything in the short term, but by the end of the year we might have something.

No doubt he does. AEW get a lot more out of a partnership than New Japan does.

It doesn't help when the elite at any opportunity talk smack about New Japan. Omega and the Bucks talk like they were done dirty when that's just pure BS.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Not for me personally, although I did think it was really good, but if it was for you then it's 5 stars! People act like there's some definitive verdict on matches but it's totally subjective.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
No doubt he does. AEW get a lot more out of a partnership than New Japan does.

I don't know if I agree with that. Quality-wise, sure- New Japan is already enjoying some of AEW's top stars, and more (Omega, Bucks) are already possible if they'd be open to it, whether or not there's an official partnership. AEW would get a significant boost for their fledgling but still rough around the edges roster.

From a business perspective, New Japan wants to expand in the US and being able to get the TNT spotlight via AEW would be the biggest mainstream exposure they've gotten since the WCW days, especially important since they no longer have a TV presence at all in America, and their alliance with ROH seems over. NJPW could help AEW wrestle away a little more of the hardcore wrestling pie they're sharing with NXT but on a wide scale I don't think this is a game changer for AEW out of the gate.

It does seem that things have come together for it to be mutually beneficial so I can see why there's a lot more actual smoke about the companies working together.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017
There's no doubt in my mind that they're cooking something up together after the WK stuff. Jericho showing off the belt, talking about the match with Tanahashi, the announcers talking about AEW, etc.

I don't think we'll see anything in the short term, but by the end of the year we might have something.

I wonder how much of the on-air acknowledgement of AEW happened because NJPW no longer has the TV deal with AXS. I don't think there will be a full crossover anytime soon but I'm sure NJPW would love to have Moxley defend that belt in the US.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
AEW get a lot more out of a partnership than New Japan does.

I'm not sure how true that is. At least, not state side. I would argue that, without a TV deal of any kind in the States, NJPW wants some sort of exposure, especially with NJoA coming. As of right now, they have nothing in the way of reaching to a broader audience, other than word-of-mouth from hardcore fans. An in with AEW could turn into an in with Turner Sports/Warner.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
AEW has more to gain in terms of bringing in New Japan talent, or giving their younger talent somewhere to get experience, but from a pure business standpoint, New Japan needs the partnership more. I don't see how anyone could argue otherwise. New Japan needs the alliance if they want to expand in North America without TV.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I think that NJPW actually showed a lot of goodwill this weekend. Jericho submitting Tanahashi in the middle of the ring plus Mox winning both of his matches and still being their IWGP US Champion. Also, I was just watching the Jericho/Tana match and multiple times they talked about him being the AEW champion and treated the belt with a lot of respect (even zooming in for the viewing public to take a good look at it).
If there was a forbidden door, it sure was broken this weekend and now I think it's time for AEW to pay back that good will to NJPW. I think that by the next WK we could see a lot more AEW people showing up in NJPW. Also, I think that if the January-February USA NJPW shows are a disaster (I hope they aren't) that will show them that a partnership with AEW is good for them (AEW is the only company besides WWE that's actually drawing decent gates in USA). It's a no brainer for everyone involved.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
The NJPW are already rough cuz I plan on going and the floor seating is insanely over priced.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting AEW plus but not sure what VPN to use. Can a free one work on the sign up? I have heard people not needing it to watch, but I was hoping to use my fire TV stick.

I used SetupVPN on Chrome. You just need it to sign up, after that you can just watch normally through your Fite account

tommyv2

Nov 6, 2017
I'm really excited for Wednesday! Riho vs. Stat will probably be major shenanigans when Brandi gets involved.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched the new episode. The women's match was great except for the bullshit ending. 🙄 Shida is over big time with the crowd and had some of the best moments but whatever.

The hell is Kenny getting involved? This is some WWE nonsensical booking.
They have been tagging together for the last two weeks or so? They even hinted at a hangman vs. kenny omega feud too.

EDIT: I was beat like a government mule LOL.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
....they're a tag team together...
Have you not noticed Kenny and Hangman being a tag team for the past couple weeks?
I've been watching and I know that (and that this will probably tie into their storyline) but it doesn't make sense in the context of the story. Hangman picked the fight. I guess I can see Kenny being there to make sure Hangman doesn't do anything stupid. Also while they are an established tag team, I don't view them as a proper tag team if that makes any sense.

Maybe they'll explain things in this week's episode of BTE.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've been watching and I know that (and that this will probably tie into their storyline) but it doesn't make sense in the context of the story. Hangman picked the fight. I guess I can see Kenny being there to make sure Hangman doesn't do anything stupid.

They explained it on Dynamite. They brought up on commentary that Hangman was scheduled to team with Kenny this week even though he was distancing himself from the Elite and you can tell Hangman wasn't thrilled. It's against Private Party due to the altercation on that same Dynamite. Between that and him and Kenny already teaming the past few weeks it makes sense already.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching and I know that (and that this will probably tie into their storyline) but it doesn't make sense in the context of the story. Hangman picked the fight. I guess I can see Kenny being there to make sure Hangman doesn't do anything stupid.

It makes perfect sense in that Hangman picked a fight with a tag team and Kenny is his tag team partner. It's played as something Hangman didn't realize would happen. He wants to be away from Kenny. Now he's being forced back into proximity due to his own behavior.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
They explained it on Dynamite. They brought up on commentary that Hangman was scheduled to team with Kenny this week even though he was distancing himself from the Elite and you can tell Hangman wasn't thrilled. It's against Private Party due to the altercation on that same Dynamite. Between that and him and Kenny already teaming the past few weeks it makes sense already.
It makes perfect sense in that Hangman picked a fight with a tag team and Kenny is his tag team partner. It's played as something Hangman didn't realize would happen. He wants to be away from Kenny. Now he's being forced back into proximity due to his own behavior.
I guess that makes enough sense even if I'm not totally satisfied with it. I retract my statement about it being bad booking.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
e8SU4oh.jpg

Jericho has done great work on the mic during this recent run but he needs to lay off the burgers and fries. He can barely move in the ring

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
e8SU4oh.jpg

Jericho has done great work on the mic during this recent run but he needs to lay off the burgers and fries. He can barely move in the ring

I'm beginning to wonder if, when Fozzy tours next, that Jericho will begin to transition into a more part-time, on the mic, manager role. Like, he could still be the leader of the IC, but just as a heel that occasionally mixes it up instead of the champion.

Though, I say that, and he still can put on great matches. His match with Tanahashi was very good, his match with Jungle Boy was good (for what it was), and his match with Cody was good.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Jericho can definitely still go. He's just not a ripped young stallion anymore. That's okay. We can all still be thirsty for his mic and ring skills, just not his dad bod.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wednesday has a lot of potential.

Plus:
Jericho/Moxley decision
Cody/MJF decision
Tribute to Memphis Wrestling

And probably another match or two.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

New BTE. Hinting towards a match and more hangman. Also the part at the end is interesting.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Jericho looked so good on the debut dynamite. I hoped the easier schedule would help him stay better in shape. I don't see him being full time for more than a few weeks after Revolution anyway. Fozzy has a tour kicking up in March or April.

Hope Kris can get the Title. They need to shake something up and it looks like the mens and tag team titles are staying put until Revolution.