• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

For those interested in getting a taste of the Bryan & Vinny show

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I got a chuckle and "awesome shirt" at my Orange Cassidy T. I do also look a lot like him, so that could be part of the issue as a few people have thought I was wearing a shirt of myself.

Heh. I know what you mean.

There's something about wearing OC's shirt that just makes me feel chill.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
3zVdXeC.gif

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
GREAT promo from Mox! I love the part where he mentions thinking his nipple is bleeding, realizing he just broke character and then getting the intensity back right away.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Damn at that death rider. Looking forward to watching WK in a bit even though I've spoiled the results for myself. LOL

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
After watching the first night of WK - and I acknowledge this is really good wrestling - but it brings to mind something I've brought up before about AEW that I like. They've done a really good job protecting finishers. The big match NJPW template of kicking out of crazy move after crazy move, finisher after finisher gets really tiring for me. I know I'm probably a minority opinion on that, but it gets to a certain point where I start to tune out and the finish of the match just seems random. I think the Young Bucks matches tend to have that element and I tend to lose interest in them too. But in general it's been a rare occurrence in AEW, and they've done a good job too of where if the standard stuff doesn't end the match, there's a logical escalation that does (eg Moxley doing his finisher off the top rope, or on to the exposed wooden boards).

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
After watching the first night of WK - and I acknowledge this is really good wrestling - but it brings to mind something I've brought up before about AEW that I like. They've done a really good job protecting finishers. The big match NJPW template of kicking out of crazy move after crazy move, finisher after finisher gets really tiring for me. I know I'm probably a minority opinion on that, but it gets to a certain point where I start to tune out and the finish of the match just seems random. I think the Young Bucks matches tend to have that element and I tend to lose interest in them. But in general it's been a rare occurrence in AEW, and they've done a good job too of where the standard stuff doesn't end the match, there's a logical escalation that does (eg Moxley doing his finisher off the top rope, or on to the exposed wooden boards).
Yeah, NJPW match finishes are easy to tune out of especially when it's a counter fest. They usually have it so each of the top guys have a unprotected version of their finisher that can take down midcard guys and top guys can kick out of and the protected that you rarely. if ever, see top guys kick out.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
After watching the first night of WK - and I acknowledge this is really good wrestling - but it brings to mind something I've brought up before about AEW that I like. They've done a really good job protecting finishers. The big match NJPW template of kicking out of crazy move after crazy move, finisher after finisher gets really tiring for me. I know I'm probably a minority opinion on that, but it gets to a certain point where I start to tune out and the finish of the match just seems random. I think the Young Bucks matches tend to have that element and I tend to lose interest in them too. But in general it's been a rare occurrence in AEW, and they've done a good job too of where if the standard stuff doesn't end the match, there's a logical escalation that does (eg Moxley doing his finisher off the top rope, or on to the exposed wooden boards).

I agree. I actually wish that the finishers in AEW were even more protected. I know no one has kicked out of the OWA in any of the major promotions, and no one kicks out of the Meltzer's Driver, but I have a problem with people kicking out of things like the Penta Driver and the armbreaker. Or even the Cross Rhodes.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I actually wish that the finishers in AEW were even more protected. I know no one has kicked out of the OWA in any of the major promotions, and no one kicks out of the Meltzer's Driver, but I have a problem with people kicking out of things like the Penta Driver and the armbreaker. Or even the Cross Rhodes.

Ibushi kicked out of the One Winged Angel, unless you don't consider NJPW a "major promotion".

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Tanahashi please beat Jericho and bring AEW and NJPW together.

AEW is really lacking in mid-tier stars. And them choosing to let Kenny and the Bucks keep losing don't help either.

Really miss Kenny in NJPW, so many storylines possible for Kenny instead of a Adam Page heel turn in AEW lol. There is The Dark Order too. The worst stable in wrestling right now.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Eh, I'm fine with finisher kick outs at major shows. Doesn't get bigger than WK. Now if you're doing it on a weekly show, I'm upset.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Darby kicked out of the Cross Rhodes this week. Was legit surprised he kicked out since yeah AEW tends to protect finishers.

Mittens

Oct 29, 2017
Queensland, Australia
Interesting to see that Mox won the NJPW US Title last night and successfully defended it tonight. He's got his next program lined up with Suzuki... So looks like Mox will continue on with NJPW for a while

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AEW need to unload some of Kahn's millions on a guy that can successfully balance the audio for 2 hours a week. How is it still a problem?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit that 4 way Women's Championship match was awesome.

Put this belt on Shida, please!!!!

Every match on last week's Dynamite was great and the main event probably had the most impressive action, but the women's match was my favorite. Give me an extended Shida vs Nyla program because they're magic together.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Shame Jericho won but, I think this was the beginning of good will between NJPW and AEW at some point. Coming out with the belt and using it in the promo for the match is a far cry from a few months ago where the heads of New Japan said don't talk or ask about AEW.

Edit: Ment to say won. Long night lol

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Shame Jericho lost but, I think this was the beginning of good will between NJPW and AEW at some point. Coming out with the belt and using it in the promo for the match is a far cry from a few months ago where the heads of New Japan said don't talk or ask about AEW.

I mean, it's fucking great for NJPW because am AEW partnership gives them inroads into the US market. I thi k their fear was that AEW with a lot of NJPW talent was a threat to that, but it's purely additive. Exposing the Golden Lovers story to the US market is a sure fire way to get people invested in NJPW.

AEW also benefits because it makes AEW appear to be a major player worldwide and gives it something unique that WWE lacks.

Hopefully they get it together and the bullet club comes to punish the elite for leaving NJPW and we get a fire hot angle.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting AEW plus but not sure what VPN to use. Can a free one work on the sign up? I have heard people not needing it to watch, but I was hoping to use my fire TV stick.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm thinking about getting AEW plus but not sure what VPN to use. Can a free one work on the sign up? I have heard people not needing it to watch, but I was hoping to use my fire TV stick.

I used my payed subscription for NordVPN, had no luck with a few fre VPNs I tried (one was Tunnelbear).
Maybe someone else had luck.

Last edited:

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing the AEW belt at Wrestle Kingdom was pretty cool. I'm glad they're starting to at least consider working together, even if it might not happen for a while yet.