• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Have any of these indie guys on Dark won a match yet? It's a little dull seeing them getting fed to the roster over and over.
Yeah but when your entire show is matches against indie guys then what's the point of any of those matches.
Have to remember that with all of the current travel restrictions, AEW is running with a skeleton crew, both for the crew and for the number of wrestlers that are able to actually fly/drive into Jacksonville. Because they're running low on having enough main roster guys for even Dynamite right now, they have to rely more on local indie wrestlers to help pad out Dark. Just trying to make do with the current situation. On the bright side, it is giving a paycheck to some indie wrestlers who otherwise may not be getting any paycheck at all.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Have to remember that with all of the current travel restrictions, AEW is running with a skeleton crew, both for the crew and for the number of wrestlers that are able to actually fly/drive into Jacksonville. Because they're running low on having enough main roster guys for even Dynamite right now, they have to rely more on local indie wrestlers to help pad out Dark. Just trying to make do with the current situation. On the bright side, it is giving a paycheck to some indie wrestlers who otherwise may not be getting any paycheck at all.
Yeah that too. A huge chunk of them are in California for example so they aren't leaving there I'm sure.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Finally, Faboo Andre gets his AEW World Title shot.
maxresdefault.jpg

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but when your entire show is matches against indie guys then what's the point of any of those matches.

Getting guys work, creating content to fill time on YouTube, and allowing your stars an opportunity to get reps and look good and get a win. Sometimes you do an angle during a squash match to advance another storyline.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Don't see the problem with TNT Championship as a name.
Seems pretty innocuous and simple to me.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Don't see the problem with TNT Championship as a name.
Seems pretty innocuous and simple to me.
Yeah, same here. Was kind of surprised when I started reading up on it. Expected the usual goofing around about different channel championships, but the name itself isn't that big of a deal.

If it was the "Nugenix Man Boosting Championship" with Frank Thomas holding the belt in all promotional pics, then yeah

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
TNT Championship also seems fine to me. I just hope the TNT logo isn't on the belt but I bet it will be.

Oct 27, 2017
Columbus, OH
It's fun to poke at these obvious jobber matches but honestly I think it's a really good use of the program at this time. It gets indie talent work and exposure when they need it most and we'll get some fun matches out of it. I don't need to be surprised by the finish of every match.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jobber or not I don't think Moxley (the champion) should be wrestling on Dark. I guess it works because it's Moxley, ready to fight at any time.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Sammy vlog and on Dark? I can get used to double Sammy Tuesdays.

Also I never comment on YouTube videos but I had to recommend him Samurai Cop because it's up on YouTube right now. For any friends in self isolation who need some laughs:

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, AEW has changed their Dynamite and Dark taping schedule again, moving them out of Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL, to an undisclosed location.

It is believed they will be taping matches throughout Tuesday and Wednesday for this week's Dynamite and Dark as well as future shows.

The company is attempting to keep the new location private because they don't want fans showing up and waiting in the parking lot and/or looking for autographs. The location is believed to be in the Southeast where they are doing a significant amount of taping today.

The city of Jacksonville is setting up the parking lot near Daily's Place as a major coronavirus testing center and an early edict this week closing down all hotels in the city except to essential personnel would have made it difficult to continue to run shows there.

AEW has had to postpone dates throughout the United States in recent weeks as arenas closed up shop due to the ongoing health crisis.

AEW filming Dynamite & Dark in undisclosed location

AEW's efforts to keep both Dynamite and Dark going have taken them away from Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Wonder if it will still be live. I'm guessing it won't be.
Honestly no reason for them to be doing any live stuff at this point. Just seems like an unnecessary expense that the majority of the viewing audience wouldn't notice anyways.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Jobbers are gonna job. AEW is doing this to help some indy talent (they can't help them all though) So i dont see a problem of these guys jobbing to regular talent.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
IMO, I'll take episodes of Dark that are all jobber matches over nothing at all.

IMO, the lineup is a clear signal that Allin, Guevara, and Spears are in the TNT tournament (no surprise).

Re: Moxley on Dark- I like it. Dark doesn't have to be, and really hasn't been, analogous to WWE Main Event. Now that Moxley is appearing, Jericho's essentially the only person on the roster who hasn't wrestled on Dark. They've made a point to put the whole roster on there to avoid the perception that it's a worthless show like Main Event or whatever other equivalent is.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly no reason for them to be doing any live stuff at this point. Just seems like an unnecessary expense that the majority of the viewing audience wouldn't notice anyways.

Yeah absolutely. Not even any real danger of spoilers getting out when you run with a skeleton crew. Just seems like a no brainer.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like it if they taped a bunch of shit in one or two days, then pad out Dynamites for the next month+ with tournament matches, pre-taped promos/vignettes and great AEW matches of the past.

It's not ideal obviously, but desperate times. The people on this roster are so creative, you can jam pack these shows with non-wrestling content. This week's BTE was awesome.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like it if they taped a bunch of shit in one or two days, then pad out Dynamites for the next month+ with tournament matches, pre-taped promos/vignettes and great AEW matches of the past.

It's not ideal obviously, but desperate times. The people on this roster are so creative, you can jam pack these shows with non-wrestling content. This week's BTE was awesome.

You have The Elite, Matt Hardy, Sammy, and Darby who are all very capable of creating their own video stuff. It's probably not the best television content but in times like these why the hell not.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm super happy to see these indie guys get a chance. That's gonna be a dream for some of them, plus the check doesn't hurt. I never viewed dark as like a complete second-tier show, I mean I did because its not TV , but it's not like the matches were always terrible or full of no-name jobbers. Dark has produced some good stuff. It's not really fair to be negative on the current state of it, they're just making the best of the situation.

I look at WWE right now and the state of them and wonder how anyone can even begin to criticize what AEW is trying to do , at least AEW cares

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019

Going to be that person and point out TNT isn't a weight class.
I'm just going to assume that there are places on the Internet, heck maybe even here in that overall wrestling thread, where people are making fun of the championship title name. Me I just care about good matches and storytelling. Couldn't possibly care less what they call the title
I'll only be bitter if the belt is ugly.

Dustin stays winning.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I know COVID-19 has people staying home, but if the Heavyweight Champion has to do double duty and film the thing, maybe it's time to reconsider doing shows. ;)