• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yup. Honestly the only real negative was no women's match, like come on AEW.

Matt Hardy makes this shit work and Jericho was a perfect straight man.
Regarding the women, who would be in it because it seems even more people stayed home this week? Penelope was there but I'm not sure if any other women were. Swole has a medical condition so she's out, Baker is a dentist so risking illness for wrestling seems dumb, Nyla already was home last week, Stat was there last week but that was before NY (where she lives) ordered everyone to stay home, maybe Riho headed back to Japan. I guess Shida is available so they could've done Penelope vs her but they just had Penelope beat the former champ and Shida seems to be getting set up for Nyla so maybe they don't want either losing1 vs. 1? They're in a shit situation there. Other options not mentioned because they'd be shit.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm still in on Dark Order, but they took a slightly comedic turn tonight that didn't fit with how they were set up last week. Brodie looked great in the ring and had much better gear, though.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I hope matt hardys goofy gimmick is only temporarily on aew. It was kinda amusing but that promo got wack fast. Jerichos nonplussed reactions to it were great tho.
Matt Hardy's gimmick is more realistic than Jericho's. One of the reasons I kind of backed off is that everything seemed the same.

Having the absurd treat the absurd realistically is a good practice.

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Circumstances are pretty different. Do you want Brandi vs Penelope just to have one on the card?

Honestly? I'd take that over Hager vs Jobber. But I guess, yeah, but still... but blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Regarding the women, who would be in it because it seems even more people stayed home this week? Penelope was there but I'm not sure if any other women were. Swole has a medical condition so she's out, Baker is a dentist so risking illness for wrestling seems dumb, Nyla already was home last week, Stat was there last week but that was before NY (where she lives) ordered everyone to stay home, maybe Riho headed back to Japan. I guess Shida is available so they could've done Penelope vs her but they just had Penelope beat the former champ and Shida seems to be getting set up for Nyla so maybe they don't want either losing1 vs. 1? They're in a shit situation there. Other options not mentioned because they'd be shit.

Figured Swole, Baker and Nyla wouldn't be on the show. Otherwise didn't realize almost the whole divison was gone. My mistake

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
No tag matches tonight either. That's probably why they didn't do the parking lot street fight too. Too many bodies at once.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still remember Broken Matt coming out of nowhere and being the best thing in wrestling for me when I saw it. Just gold. I called my folks to check in on them around this time and my mom couldn't stop talking about this and she hadn't watched wrestling since the Attitude Era, just crazy how this got people interested in TNA of all promotions.

To see Matt and Jericho (who's my favorite of all time) trade off like that was amazing. All Elite is the fucking best.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Kong's out, Bea Priestley's either in UK or Japan and probably coudn't get back in. Allie lives in NY State. Mel is in Chicago area. Yuka's in Japan, not sure Sadie Gibbs made it to the US. Shanna's in Europe

Leva Bates might still be in Florida, but she's terrible.

No tag matches tonight either. That's probably why they didn't do the parking lot street fight too. Too many bodies at once.

I don't think Lucha Bros could make it there either because of the California/Mexico travel restrictions.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kong's out, Bea Priestley's either in UK or Japan and probably coudn't get back in. Allie lives in NY State. Mel is in Chicago area. Yuka's in Japan, not sure Sadie Gibbs made it to the US. Shanna's in Europe

Leva Bates might still be in Florida, but she's terrible.

I don't think Lucha Bros could make it there either because of the California/Mexico travel restrictions.
Yeah and speaking of California I assume none of the California people were there this week because of that and that's a pretty large chunk of the roster.

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
So I seem to be the odd man out here but that Jericho/Hardy stuff fell real flat for me. I wanted to like it, I liked the start with Jericho's promo with Vanguard, and I was intrigued by the teleporting tricks they did with it being pre-recorded....but overall I wasn't really feeling that segment. I'm not sure what it was, but it just felt awkward to me. And I like the original Broken Matt Hardy stuff. I think it might be because of Jerichos "no-selling" the gimmick? But I'm not positive on that. Just something about it didn't land with me. Maybe it just works better in like real pre-recorded vignette type stuff.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I hope matt hardys goofy gimmick is only temporarily on aew. It was kinda amusing but that promo got wack fast. Jerichos nonplussed reactions to it were great tho.

The teleporting was hilarious
The gimmick is in "overdone meme" territory like Rusev Day. I'm just tired of it and think it served its purpose in TNA. Wish he'd change it up like Jericho, but I know thats easier said than done.

dark order is absolute trash, thankfully Matt Hardy didn't get stuck with it

Disappointing to see Lee bagged with this crap. I want to see him have high profile matches with Omega, Moxley, and other stars, not doing some clingy Vince McMahon skit.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Put Tokyo Cyber Squad on Dynamite you cowards!

Also Vince digs or not it makes sense the leader of the Dark Order would be some suit-wearing power-obsessed cult leader. I think the intentional shots burn less than the realization that Vince is literally just that kind of rich evil fucker.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We sure Hardy and Lee aren't pulling an nWo trying to destroy AEW from the inside? Because what the fuck was that interview at the end. And that ridiculous freeze frame teleporting that Jericho had to play along with. All after a great match with Sammy and Omega.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Jake's promo again was incredible. It's amazing how AEW uses the legends to buff the storylines. Honestly i didn't think Jake Roberts could deliver promos like that.

Very good show overall, im glad this promotion exists.

Neutral_Jump

Mar 21, 2020
Saint Louis
I love that they're doing their best to keep some kind of product on-air, though I have to wonder if the performers are getting tested regularly for the virus? Last week's show was spectacular, and I felt that it barely lost a step without the audience.

This week was a decent show but comparatively rougher. It's evident that they're operating with a skeleton crew now. Like, last week I was hoping they wouldn't take a break for a few more weeks, but after tonight I won't be upset when they inevitably have to.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

Riho lives in the US now.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
That main event. Sammy kissing Brandi picture 😆

Matt Psycho power. 😆 Carney as shit. Love it

I'm entertained. Thanks AEW

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Just watched it with the GF, not as good as last week but they did their best given the even more dire circumstances. The main event and ending were great. Only Jericho could pull off cutting a promo at a drone. They need to continue to embrace Matt Hardy having supernatural powers, the teleportation and pyro bit was gold. The only thing I don't like about Hardy's gimmick is the teeth gnashing but otherwise he is absolutely fantastic for these circumstances.

I have to say I've gone completely cold on The Dark Order. I'm sure Brodie Lee is going to have some great matches in the future but the vignette did nothing, and Lee doesn't come off as intimidating at all which made the stare at the camera fall flat.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I have to say I've gone completely cold on The Dark Order. I'm sure Brodie Lee is going to have some great matches in the future but the vignette did nothing, and Lee doesn't come off as intimidating at all which made the stare at the camera fall flat.
The whole "strength in numbers" cult thing can only work so well when you can't have crowds of more than 10 people in one place :(