• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
they need to walk back the audience part.

but marko vs riho in an empty arena in jacksonville is not going to break the us healthcare system's ability to treat the infected.

I don't see the point in doing matches in an empty arena. Especially if you are going to try and continue existing storylines. You gonna debut Matt Hardy to an empty arena?

if they want to basically turn Dynamite into Dark for a few weeks and have matches in front of zero fans I fired they could do that but I don't see the appeal.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Frankly, none of these events should really happen with or without any sort of audience. It's still a large roster or wrestlers/staff/production crew/etc that are traveling around and can easily spread the virus amongst themselves and wherever they are traveling. That's why all these sports leagues are suspending. So I really wouldn't be surprised if the events just get canned completely. Which sucks, but at this point, every aspect of life is being affected by this and we all just have to accept that normal life just isn't going to happen for an undetermined amount of time.

I think for AEW, I could see why they would want to try to squeeze in the next two weeks in some shape or form just because the Blood and Guts event is likely a good stopping point in storylines that they could then pick up whenever. But at the end of the day, this is a global disaster at this point and we have to accept that things just aren't going to be able to go as planned.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
Frankly, none of these events should really happen with or without any sort of audience. It's still a large roster or wrestlers/staff/production crew/etc that are traveling around and can easily spread the virus amongst themselves and wherever they are traveling. That's why all these sports leagues are suspending. So I really wouldn't be surprised if the events just get canned completely. Which sucks, but at this point, every aspect of life is being affected by this and we all just have to accept that normal life just isn't going to happen for an undetermined amount of time.

I think for AEW, I could see why they would want to try to squeeze in the next two weeks in some shape or form just because the Blood and Guts event is likely a good stopping point in storylines that they could then pick up whenever. But at the end of the day, this is a global disaster at this point and we have to accept that things just aren't going to be able to go as planned.

if the talent all camps out in jacksonville for awhile it would avert this. not like there are other gigs for them to be flying around to at this point in time anyway.

You gonna debut Matt Hardy to an empty arena?

if it's going to be the silly broken character it sounds like something he would be into.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
if the talent all camps out in jacksonville for awhile it would avert this. not like there are other gigs for them to be flying around to at this point in time anyway.

unless all the talent and crew are completely quarantined, not really. They will still go home to their friends and families. Until we are further out of the woods, it's just a completely unnecessary risk for AEW.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

Even then, though, unless they're completely kept isolated, there's a good chance somebody from the company is going to get it. I mean, it's a decent chance somebody already HAS gotten it and all it takes is one person to spread it around the company.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, at this point it really doesn't make sense to have Dynamites until this blows over. They could air Revolution and their other PPVs during the Wednesday night spot.
Surprised they don't just run with a couple weeks of "Best of AEW Dark" matches if they need content.
Or even a "Best of AEW" in general. God knows they have quite a bit of matches to pass the time, and it would probably get pretty decent ratings as well.

Honestly these are all great ideas. Between stuff like that and the vlogs these people all do I feel like not putting on an actual new show should be a low priority for them right now. Have Kenny stream some Street Fighter. Just anything that doesn't require these people to go out in public.
I don't see the point in doing matches in an empty arena. Especially if you are going to try and continue existing storylines. You gonna debut Matt Hardy to an empty arena?

if they want to basically turn Dynamite into Dark for a few weeks and have matches in front of zero fans I fired they could do that but I don't see the appeal.

Yeah, not to mention the fact that there's no reason someone at AEW couldn't catch it even by doing a empty arena.

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
unless all the talent and crew are completely quarantined, not really.

Even then, though, unless they're completely kept isolated, there's a good chance somebody from the company is going to get it.

"watch a 24/7 stream of the entire aew roster living in one house for only $9.99".

There it is. Let's face it, Dynamite isn't happening next week, and who knows when it will happen again.

wwe is still doing their garbage. lots of options when you're a billionaire.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
wwe is still doing their garbage. lots of options when you're a billionaire.

Honestly, I think the same is going to apply there, even moreso. The amount of people involved with a WWE show, even a scaled back closed-off event, is pretty large, and these people have been traveling the country and intermixing. It's only a matter of time before somebody from there comes up positive, and then they've potentially spread the virus all throughout the company. Even WWE isn't going to continue having events if they're spreading this around their company.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
There it is. Let's face it, Dynamite isn't happening next week, and who knows when it will happen again.

Well, we still have an episode of Dark to look forward to and we'll probably have BTEs and all of the other wrestlers vlogs to look forward to.

Hey, also for anyone who got on the AEW bandwagon late go back and watch what you missed (with Darks and PPVs being the easiest stuff to go back to).

Deleted member 62561

Dec 31, 2019
Honestly, I think the same is going to apply there, even moreso. The amount of people involved with a WWE show, even a scaled back closed-off event, is pretty large, and these people have been traveling the country and intermixing. It's only a matter of time before somebody from there comes up positive, and then they've potentially spread the virus all throughout the company. Even WWE isn't going to continue having events if they're spreading this around their company.

it will be interesting to see what happens.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Yeah, I'm hoping they can at least continue to release some content. They've probably got a backlog of the podcast to release, I'm assuming the Matt Hardy videos are already done and ready to drop, etc.

At the end of the day none of this is important. But it's pretty deflating when so many other things are getting cancelled in my life, and now even the hobbies I enjoy aren't happening. Everything about this sucks on so many levels.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
LOL. Luther truly is a terrible wrestler. I'm at least hoping it'll be entertaining to see him get beat up in hardcore matches. Maybe he'll be an asset backstage. I don't know.
The original report for this signing mentioned specifically that it was an office signing. He might still wrestle but clearly his real value is in his backstage work, just like Dustin Rhodes with his coaching.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
The original report for this signing mentioned specifically that it was an office signing. He might still wrestle but clearly his real value is in his backstage work, just like Dustin Rhodes with his coaching.

Yeah, I mean I hope he has a lot to offer outside the ring and that's why they've really signed him. Though my cynical side says that he's a buddy of Jericho's and they're primarily hiring him as a favor to him. And since he's shit in-ring, the only way you can justify it is to give him some sort of backstage job.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

ETAbf-VXQAAnHzf

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Hangman is the hero we need right now. Warms my heart to see that his political beliefs are in the right place, too and that he's not too shy to express them.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Finally some good news.

Haven't got round to watching any of his matches yet but just from his acting he isn't very good.

Just screams of someone who is used to wrestling in Japan and having to rely on doing exaggerated facial posing to get over but since its always the same tongue out/pointing at his head it comes across as shallow and boring.

I'm hoping that his match with Havoc will at least be good though since Havoc is great.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I would also like to say that Handwash Page is extremely good! Just what wrestling needed.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Okay, I will be completely honest with you, if there was anybody in wrestling that I would have not expected to be a liberal, it would be Adam Virginia Redneck I Love Beer, Jesus, and Horses Hangman Page.

This makes me believe we have some hope for humanity.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, I will be completely honest with you, if there was anybody in wrestling that I would have not expected to be a liberal, it would be Adam Virginia Redneck I Love Beer, Jesus, and Horses Hangman Page.

This makes me believe we have some hope for humanity.

I know, right? I had him pegged as a Trumper for sure. But here we are being proven wrong by Wokeman Adam Page.

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
Fantasy booking here. What I'd love to see is AEW just use this opportunity to get more personal, with more vignettes, maybe some more backstage world building, even some low budget ass roundtable conversations where they just shoot the shit like a Talking Smack and just rib each other.

It's obvious how this whole virus had grounded everyone, so I think it'd be cool to bring some of the personal stuff that's usually on YouTube, where people might not follow, and just let them be themselves. Maybe even more control center segments. More Dasha isn't a bad thing.

Also, for me personally, I'd love to see them highlight the ring and camera crew. Do some segments with them, backstage people, etc.

With outside world building, I think creating tension and storylines would be a great way to get people super hot for when they do come back.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Fantasy booking here. What I'd love to see is AEW just use this opportunity to get more personal, with more vignettes, maybe some more backstage world building, even some low budget ass roundtable conversations where they just shoot the shit like a Talking Smack and just rib each other.

It's obvious how this whole virus had grounded everyone, so I think it'd be cool to bring some of the personal stuff that's usually on YouTube, where people might not follow, and just let them be themselves. Maybe even more control center segments. More Dasha isn't a bad thing.

Also, for me personally, I'd love to see them highlight the ring and camera crew. Do some segments with them, backstage people, etc.

With outside world building, I think creating tension and storylines would be a great way to get people super hot for when they do come back.

I'd love a mix of stuff like BTE, Road to..., Sammy's vlogs, and Free the Delete just turned into a full fledged show. They really may not have an alternative because this may not go away anytime soon.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Keep Japanese Death Match Legend qurantined as a Dark jobber or stick him in the office please.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I've spent the last few hours runnimng medications and supplies to my parents and other elderly family in the area. That Hangman Page press release seriously made my day. It was the laugh I needed.